Ukraine Russia War #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Ukraine has people to spare to send over to Georgia presumably to assist the EU NATO CIA coalition

===

The UK foreign secretary is being all Mr Provocative

===

And now there's a big guessing game as to who will be turning up for Putin's Presidential coronation

All welcome except the Wagners who have been ordered to stay at home and please don't bring your pet drones with you...

Reactions: 1
I'm sure the nukes flag was waved around a year ago and the year before that we recall that moment of Shoigu and Gerasimov at the far far end of Putin's ridiculotable when their faces lit up with sheer joy at the order for nuclear readiness...

Not so rosy situation for Ukraine at the front, which one must grudgingly admit Russia is expert at building on and right now it feels like all the stops are being pulled out and Kremlin 'narrativing' seems to be everywhere again, including loads of old stuff being exhumed to throw on the pile.

Which I take to be all part of the deliberate attempts to dissuade support but in specific relation to today's carefully timed announcement I think are this morning's summoning of the French and British ambassadors in Moscow, neither AFAIK have mentioned what was said - but I'll guess it was either a pre-warning of this announcement or it was telling them off for (France) talking about NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine and (Britain) for saying Ukraine can hit whatever targets in Russia they want, and the announcement being the requisite huffing and puffing response.

And on top of that, this afternoon (unless that was just a publication time) Peskov has given given Russia's image a bit of a polish, all a multi-faced charm offensive...

... though to be clear on that, when I say that I mean he has more than two faces and his 'charm' is - for want of a better description - offensive :cool:

Reactions: 3
They've been rattling rusty sabres since 1948. They can carry on wasting their time.

Reactions: 4
I mean Medvedev is literally now an alcoholic and calls people pigs... His career was destroyed after "Do Not Call Him Dimon"
So he just lashes out now. Weird to think how far the ex president has fallen...
In the early 2010s he was seen as quite Western and liberal. Most people forget that in between Putin and Putin, we actually had Medvedev. Until a certain someone decided he wanted to be president again....

Until a certain someone decided he wanted to be president again....
... and - of course - again! Today! Hurrah I can hardly wait.

The glorious leader's reluctant acceptance of the will of the people, driven by an unerring sense of public duty and devotion to his country
TASS: Vladimir Putin to take his fifth presidential oath
MOSCOW, May 7. /TASS/. Vladimir Putin will be sworn in as the Russian president for the fifth time during a ceremony to begin in the Kremlin at noon Moscow time on Tuesday, May 7.
Weasel Peskov saying the ceremony will have some additional nuances, though didn't specify. The last one took 48 minutes apparently but if there's any extra wording to formalise his rightful and totally legit presidency over the new historic regions then we should add an hour to that...

Rejoicing citizens will no doubt be glued to their TVs. Those who refuse to rejoice will be glued to their TVs in due course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yeah I watched the live stream. Every time they said "Russian president" the presenters went "not president!"
(This was a team Navalny stream btw)
Oh and btw guys! There's a new investigation. Putin's palace once again, footage from inside:

Eng subs available obviously

New Yulia video too

Last edited:
For reassurance it's not just us amateurs who think the nukes will stay in their silos, the professional assessment is that the chance of nuclear weapons being used is almost zero...
Though as per the main headline there it's all a bit swings-and-roundabouts.

Basically no point using them with such a long and thinly stretched front line as there's nowhere with enough of a concentration of anything, and after two years there's a shortage of troops trained/equipped/prepared to charge though a clear of resistance but freshly irradiated gap in defences and you'd be having to persuade a load of conscripts and possibly convicts to do it, probably at gunpoint and hoping that not too many will pick the quick exit.

The chance of their nuclear weapons still being functional is virtually nil as well. Nukes take a lot of money and routine maintenance and with corruption at so many levels, there's bound to be a ton of skimming off the top and shortcuts taken.

Would be tempting to put this as an isolated bit of 'fan art' in just one area but it isn't much of a stretch from the official threats

Shoigu reiterates the party line, that's actually it's all still the same war
Especially this bit
"Today, Russian military forces honorably carry on the proud traditions of Great Patriotic War warriors. They honorably carry out their military duties and successfully complete vital responsibilities to preserve the country’s national interests. During a special military operation, they heroically combat the followers of Nazism, ensuring the security of our country."

Moldova gets a name-check, fortunately they are already well aware of Russia's plans and it therefore comes as no surprise
(didn't see an official translated version, having to trust the online one...)
May 9, 06:00 Interview
Maria Zakharova: The West wants revenge on Russia for the "turn of history"

Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova, in a special interview with TASS dedicated to Victory Day, spoke about the West's attempts to instill "historical amnesia" in the world, answered questions about the betrayal of the exploits of their grandfathers by the leaders of a number of countries, and also named the reasons why Ukraine was "swept away by the flow of history."
And says with all sincerity, with reasoning i.e. not some off the cuff remark that the Moldovan government are acting like the nazis did, further confirming (as if there were any doubt) that they are on the list.

I can see UK following suit , we’ve been getting more than subtle hints lately , they’ll need to bolster the ranks one way or another.
unfurl="true"]https://archive.ph/mFqHI[/URL]
Sunaks 5yr speech of doom is supposed to take place shortly.

Reactions: 1
Trying to find something current that isn't reporting a report of a report of a report, this map seems to give a decent up to date perspective, grey is territory previously liberated from Russian occupation.
Screenshot_20240514_104835.jpg

From liveuamap.com

More details to come out about the defences no doubt but for the moment AIUI it seems one immediate explanation is that building anything significant so close to the border was effectively impossible as it was all within range of russian attacks for which there is/was little or no effective defence that was not taken up protecting Kharkiv.
Also that Ukraine wasn't allowed to use the exact stuff that would have been most effective against e.g. a forces buildup across the border, against the forces buildup across the border.

As noted previously, oil continues to flow

Though with some small consolation of the price cap working to reduce revenue even though it can't stop it.

And Putin on his trip to China dragged along the entire top level of government, unfortunately there was no biblical smiting of the plane that contained them all...

It seems still quite clear who's running that particular 'brotherliness'. Whether that means imminent changes or just more of the same we will see but Xi has emphasised on many occasional that nukes should not be used in Ukraine and the rhetoric on that may well be toned down somewhat.