Ukraine Russia War #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Macron being nice and clear about what he's OK with

Held up a map and pointed at bits of it, basically says 'go'.

Reactions: 2
Feels very quiet in terms of war, everybody is just concentrating on Israel/Gaza conflict.

Honestly feel like I missed the bus to start prepping

Reactions: 4
Feels very quiet in terms of war, everybody is just concentrating on Israel/Gaza conflict.

Honestly feel like I missed the bus to start prepping
I agree. I understand it is important but everyone has forgotten about Ukraine. You can focus on both. And the more people who focus on defeating Putin the better chance we have.
I'm feeling particularly angry about it tonight. I don't know why. How dare Putin do all this.

Reactions: 5
And two events that defy belief but somehow are for real... The first being an official 'demilitarisation of ukraine' conference where they discuss how to liberate Ukraine from the Ukrainians in order to eliminate it from existence.

And the second - Putin give a special award to a really special guy for as best I can tell, believing everything he was told.
From the list of topics there are a couple that pretty much every country worldwide has trouble with, and the rest is the tit the Kremlin made up and just 'put out there' by means of IIRC foreign ministry spokesbod Zakharova 'quoting reports' that just happened to be from useful writers willing to pad out the 'insights' that had originated from the Kremlin in the first place.
But anyway here he is

And the 'make them our brothers' thing... I don;t know how TF that can fit with what Russia is doing unless he's talking about Cain and Abel.

Edit: just to add, watching that again when he looks up from reading the script am I the only person seeing what might finally be the slightest glimmer of 'oh god did I really just read that out on television' or am I being too optimistic?

Last edited:
The imminent big news of the above prompted RT to produce a map of what would be in range from the current front line and note the flags they added to make sure everyone knows who they are supposed to be extra-extra-hating now.
Putin was wanting a 'buffer zone'. As an alternative the area marked red would be a good compromise to be under a mutual ukrainian-russian defence pact and would put Moscow in a guaranteed bilaterally protected zone, what's not to like...?
20240530_095705.jpg

Plus yesterday had a whole raft of other announcements

And Putin's gaff in Altai (apparently owned by gazprom and for Putin and chums) burnt down yesterday

The imminent big news of the above prompted RT to produce a map of what would be in range from the current front line and note the flags they added to make sure everyone knows who they are supposed to be extra-extra-hating now.
Putin was wanting a 'buffer zone'. As an alternative the area marked red would be a good compromise to be under a mutual ukrainian-russian defence pact and would put Moscow in a guaranteed bilaterally protected zone, what's not to like...?
View attachment 2966304

Plus yesterday had a whole raft of other announcements

And Putin's gaff in Altai (apparently owned by gazprom and for Putin and chums) burnt down yesterday
Talking of the dacha. (also don't believe RT, I'm sure you don't but even so for anyone else)

There was a fire at Putin's dacha. "Sirena" tells what is known about this

One of the buildings of Vladimir Putin’s residence in the Ongudai district of the Altai Republic almost completely burned down, Siren discovered.

The photo shows identical elements of the exterior decoration of the building: the color of the facade, the green spaces located next to the building, and the roof of the neighboring building included in the photo match.

Footage of the burnt building was published by blogger Amyr Aitashev and activist Aruna Arna. They were taken from different angles, and the terrain surrounding the residence coincides with what is visible in the photographs. In a conversation with Sirena, Aitashev clarified that the photo he published was taken today. The cause of the fire is unknown.

The photo checking services used by the editors did not find any traces of processing on the frames.

The operational duty officer of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations for the Altai Republic did not answer the question of the Sirena correspondent about the fires in the Ongudai district over the past 24 hours.

➡ Information about a secret construction project in the Ongudai region of the Altai Republic appeared in 2010; up to 3 billion rubles were spent on this project.

Officially, this is the Altai Compound sanatorium and resort complex, owned by Gazprom. However, you can’t rest there. In 2011, Novaya Gazeta correspondents were denied access to the territory by security with the words that “a specially guarded facility is intended for the recreation of senior officials of the state.” At the same time, Gazprom stated that the complex was needed for “meetings with business partners, corporate events and receiving foreign guests.” Local opposition figures have repeatedly spoken about the complex’s connections with the Putins.

It is known that the complex includes a special farm with fenced forest areas and a farm for breeding deer, in whose blood Putin bathes (the Project publication spoke about this in detail in 2022). According to various sources, there is also a so-called “Putin bunker” here, which can allegedly accommodate up to 100 thousand people - this information has never been confirmed.

@news_sirena

also don't believe RT, I'm sure you don't but even so for anyone else
Indeed - their map is of course intended as the tabloid scaremongering, whereas the permission to strike seems to have a condition of 'near the Kharkiv region' so Putin's other pied-a-terre near Moscow would be verboten as a target even if a launcher was firing from there.
Bit of a shame but one step at a time so I guess for the moment we need to be patient while the travelling careless-smokers team angles to get themselves hired to clean the next one on the list.

Morning report...
( 35 of 53 missiles and 46 of 47 drones shot down )

And of those that got through...
( energy infrastructure and power stations hit again, plus artillery strikes causing several civilian injuries )

Guess we’ll need more than three day’s rations then 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Guess we’ll need more than three day’s rations then 😬
He has a point about defence funding overall, but...148 tanks is plenty - put two at the far end of the channel tunnel and you have another 146 to cover the ferry terminals and for shift rotation, tea breaks etc.

Other than that, I'm not sure where this great tank battle would be happening as there hasn't been a handy space for one of those since about 6000BC when Doggerland* was flooded, presumably as some sort of biblical judgement back when those were a thing.

Lesson for today, when predicting doom and gloom and failures of planning ahead, make sure your map isn't the one with '10,000BC' on it.

* as the name suggests, likely a convenient location for... 'socio-cultural exchange'

• Haha
He has a point about defence funding overall, but...148 tanks is plenty - put two at the far end of the channel tunnel and you have another 146 to cover the ferry terminals and for shift rotation, tea breaks etc.

Other than that, I'm not sure where this great tank battle would be happening as there hasn't been a handy space for one of those since about 6000BC when Doggerland* was flooded, presumably as some sort of biblical judgement back when those were a thing.

Lesson for today, when predicting doom and gloom and failures of planning ahead, make sure your map isn't the one with '10,000BC' on it.

* as the name suggests, likely a convenient location for... 'socio-cultural exchange'
What with conscripts who don’t like getting out of bed before 1pm , we’re in safe hands 😂

• Haha
What with conscripts who don’t like getting out of bed before 1pm , we’re in safe hands 😂
Given the lessons now learnt about what motivates the personnel of invading armies, I believe a more cost-effective defence plan would be to buy up the stock of sanitary ware and washing machine suppliers and establish a tanks-for-toilets barter system and make sure there's not enough so they waste their time fighting each other for them, and not us.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Given the lessons now learnt about what motivates the personnel of invading armies, I believe a more cost-effective defence plan would be to buy up the stock of sanitary ware and washing machine suppliers and establish a tanks-for-toilets barter system and make sure there's not enough so they waste their time fighting each other for them, and not us.
If all else fails we could rubbish bomb them , plenty of that ammo lying about 😂

A short summary of Russia's recent incursion towards Khakiv

And collected here

noting one of the significant consequences, that of more countries lifting some or all of the ridiculous restrictions as regards permitted targets.