UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely he has to go now? But then I’ve been saying that for the last couple of days.

I just don’t see how he can keep filling the roles that MPs are resigning from.
I dunno, I'm sure Carrie and the jam eaters would have a go 😄

Michelle Donelan has just resigned after less than 36 hours in office. There are now no ministers in the Dept of Education.

This can‘t go much longer, it just can’t. The government is now no longer able to function.

Surely it’s a security risk, apart from anything else. If I was a foreign power with an axe to grind or someone who wanted to execute a big terrorist attack on the UK, I’d be thinking that right now would be the time. No one who ’runs’ the country has their eye on the ball right now, it’s all about Johnson, nothing else is happening.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What a time to wake up

from what I understand he’d have to stay until they find a new leader anyway

Reactions: 1
Who do we all think will be next Conservative leader? I reckon Jeremy Hunt will run again.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I always liked Rory Stewart, but he's not an MP so he's out of the question. apart from that, no idea.

BBC saying he is resigning as Conservative leader and staying PM until autumn.
I'm sure that's what Boris has suggested but I can't see the party letting him stay until Autumn - no one is prepared to work with him so he can't put a cabinet together. He lies like he breathes and they all know it - how can anyone trust he wouldn't try and cling on if he gets to stay in charge until September. He can (and should) resign as PM and Raab can step up for continuity while they sort out a leadership election, which does not have to take months if they get their act together.

I'm no fan of Raab but that's a far more palatable option that toxic, useless Boris clinging on for another 3 months.

Who do we all think will be next Conservative leader? I reckon Jeremy Hunt will run again.
It will be interesting to see if Hunt runs again - he was a very close second to Johnson last time. He wasn't as popular in the party because he's a remainer and as we know, they wanted to get Brexit done. He's very, very quiet at the moment which could be an indication that he's preparing his battle plan. I hope he is. Rather him than Patel, Sunak or Zahawi.

Top possible runners are Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss, Jeremy Hunt, Sajid Javid, Ben Wallace, Penny Mordaunt, Penny Mordaunt and Tom Tugendhat.

I always liked Rory Stewart, but he's not an MP so he's out of the question. apart from that, no idea.
I really like Rory Stewart and he was my first choice last time but he resigned as an MP because he refused to stay in the Conservative party under Johnson. I'm wondering if he will come back now Johnson is going, although he would need to stand and be elected somewhere.

Reactions: 6
Steve Baker sounded like he’s going to try to throw his hat into the ring?

He somehow seemed worse than Boris from the interview I just watched

Then again, now I’m thinking Boris looks like a clown because he’s not competent enough. These other Tories are probably competent enough to hide whatever scandals could come out

Reactions: 2
Steve Baker sounded like he’s going to try to throw his hat into the ring?

He somehow seemed worse than Boris from the interview I just watched
James O'Brien consistently refers to him as 'Brexit Hardman Steve Baker' 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Think someone said they might not let him stay on till Autumn, seems it could be the case. I wonder if this is something that needs to be agreed before he resigns to the public though? If so, it might be a few more hours

Reactions: 3

Yel

jack Monroe 😂 imagine, 4 years of her complaining about health issues and making claims pf things she is working on which never materialise and are never mentioned again 😂
The bleeping state of politics and social media that someone who lies even more than Boris Johnson and would be incapable of running a tombola at a village fete is touted with all seriousness as someone who should run the country because she tweets that Tories are scum.

It would however be the logical next step to get leaders that are worse than trump and Johnson 😬

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.