UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Truss is on the way back home isn't she? So unfortunately she's probably going to throw her ring in the fire. Patel has been ever so quiet, I don't think there's a hope in hell she'll run never mind win but the thought will have crossed her mind.

Reactions: 4
Will Nadine Dorries dare? 😂
She'll be too busy crying into her pillow over the demise of Boris 😆

Another bonus to Boris going is that neither Dorries nor Rees-Mogg will ever occupy a front bench position again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So many of the people being mentioned are too closely affiliated with Boris for it to be considered revitalising the Tory party. They need distance from the many scandals if they want victory in a general election.

Reactions: 5
So many of the people being mentioned are too closely affiliated with Boris for it to be considered revitalising the Tory party. They need distance from the many scandals if they want victory in a general election.
To be fair to Sunak, he seems to have made a good impression on a lot of people during the pandemic even if his policies failed or were lacking. Then again, it’s hard to look worse than Boris when you’re scheduled to speak right after him or next to him

Sajid Javid looks pretty good in the sense that he has apparently not been invited to the covid parties and resigned a whole two times. Removes him from the main scandal

Reactions: 3
They'll be riots if it's sunak. The racist torys won't have him and the left and cents won't because of his connection to Russia. His career may not be over but its certainly on hold for a number of years.

Well, that was disappointing. He’s managed to get himself a stay of execution.

Here’s hoping Labour will have the balls to call for a vote of no confidence.

Reactions: 10
I think Boris's behaviour over the last 48 hours was unhinged and delusional. He shouldn't be trusted to act with restraint as leader of a caretaker government.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
To be fair to Sunak, he seems to have made a good impression on a lot of people during the pandemic even if his policies failed or were lacking. Then again, it’s hard to look worse than Boris when you’re scheduled to speak right after him or next to him

Sajid Javid looks pretty good in the sense that he has apparently not been invited to the covid parties and resigned a whole two times. Removes him from the main scandal
I feel like he was at the height of his popularity then, with the rollout of furlough, for definite.

But he's also one of the wealthiest MPs in parliament and it was only a few months ago we found out his wife saves millions of pounds a year claiming non domicile status and was still making money off shares in companies still operating at Russia in spring. A Tory through and through.

Tbh, personally I don't think there is a single person they could select I'd like. Roll on a Labour govt next election.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think Boris's behaviour over the last 48 hours was unhinged and delusional. He shouldn't be trusted to act with restraint as leader of a caretaker government.
the men in white coats may appear yet! an MP getting interviewed on the box said He can't stay on as temporary PM if he's ill! with any luck he'll get sectioned!

• Haha
Tbh, personally I don't think there is a single person they could select I'd like. Roll on a Labour govt next election.
I really don't think I could vote for anyone who served in Boris' cabinet ( maybe with the exception of Ben Wallace.) They have all enabled, defended and supported him.

I think only a Tom Tugendhat or Penny Mordaunt will even get a look in as far as I'm concerned. Someone who has stayed suitably away from the Boris tit Show.

Reactions: 7
The bleeping state of politics and social media that someone who lies even more than Boris Johnson and would be incapable of running a tombola at a village fete is touted with all seriousness as someone who should run the country because she tweets that Tories are scum.

It would however be the logical next step to get leaders that are worse than trump and Johnson 😬
maybe we should start thinking like Ukraine and choose someone from a TV show? :ROFLMAO: I vote someone from the cast of Peep show

• Haha
Wallace is the front runner in the latest yougov poll, Truss last hopefully she stays that way.

Wallace is an interesting choice. I have no idea if he would be good PM. I know next to nothing about him.

Honestly, I think BJ appears to be becoming more and more unstable, he looked and behaved like he'd been on the piss in front of the committee yesterday afternoon. If he had any presence of mind at all he would have been quick to answer the questions to save his own ass. The fact that he couldn't answer a simple yes or no to "do you condone sexual harassment?" tells me he has no control over what he is doing. I am surprised no one has mentioned his mental health.

It would be very easy to exploit a person this disturbed, as is possibly what interested Cummings. Obviously I don't see BJ as a victim, but why so many people have backed him to this point is mind-blowing. He is a fantasist and has next to no awareness of reality. His farewell speech this morning reminded me of a spluttering toddler. He really believes in his own greatness, yet has achieved nothing. I imagine he served his purpose for the leave vote and now he is too much of an embarrassment. Funny how they were all fine with him breaking the ministerial code, etc, but handsy broke the camels back...

I heard people suggesting Hunt may run for leadership, not looked into it yet so no idea!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Boris Johnson will make a good amount of money from appearances and speeches outside of being PM. He complained about the job of PM being underpaid, especially compared to his time as a columnist. Theresa May made £1m+ for her speeches after being PM and she's quite a tedious speaker.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.