UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, I think BJ appears to be becoming more and more unstable, he looked and behaved like he'd been on the piss in front of the committee yesterday afternoon. If he had any presence of mind at all he would have been quick to answer the questions to save his own ass. The fact that he couldn't answer a simple yes or no to "do you condone sexual harassment?" tells me he has no control over what he is doing. I am surprised no one has mentioned his mental health.

It would be very easy to exploit a person this disturbed, as is possibly what interested Cummings. Obviously I don't see BJ as a victim, but why so many people have backed him to this point is mind-blowing. He is a fantasist and has next to no awareness of reality. His farewell speech this morning reminded me of a spluttering toddler. He really believes in his own greatness, yet has achieved nothing. I imagine he served his purpose for the leave vote and now he is too much of an embarrassment. Funny how they were all fine with him breaking the ministerial code, etc, but handsy broke the camels back...

I heard people suggesting Hunt may run for leadership, not looked into it yet so no idea!
I agree, obviously the same happened with Trump but he is also far less intelligent than bojo, I do not understand what he is/was thinking? I guess the yes men around him do not help him with any kind of sense of reality, but surely he should have more awareness than this?! He is obviously mercenary AF but I would have thought he could read the room a bit... madness

Reactions: 2

Yel

Does anyone else keep hearing Zoella everytime someone mentions Suella taking over?

She'd be an improvement on jack monroe, but not sure if she'd be better than BJ as she struggles to read candles in a script font

"Canoles" ~ Zoella

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Latest news is that Boris wants to stay on because he and carrie have a big wedding bash planned in Chequers in August.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I'm sure that's what Boris has suggested but I can't see the party letting him stay until Autumn - no one is prepared to work with him so he can't put a cabinet together. He lies like he breathes and they all know it - how can anyone trust he wouldn't try and cling on if he gets to stay in charge until September. He can (and should) resign as PM and Raab can step up for continuity while they sort out a leadership election, which does not have to take months if they get their act together.

I'm no fan of Raab but that's a far more palatable option that toxic, useless Boris clinging on for another 3 months.

It will be interesting to see if Hunt runs again - he was a very close second to Johnson last time. He wasn't as popular in the party because he's a remainer and as we know, they wanted to get Brexit done. He's very, very quiet at the moment which could be an indication that he's preparing his battle plan. I hope he is. Rather him than Patel, Sunak or Zahawi.

Top possible runners are Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss, Jeremy Hunt, Sajid Javid, Ben Wallace, Penny Mordaunt, Penny Mordaunt and Tom Tugendhat.

I really like Rory Stewart and he was my first choice last time but he resigned as an MP because he refused to stay in the Conservative party under Johnson. I'm wondering if he will come back now Johnson is going, although he would need to stand and be elected somewhere.
I liked Rory Stewart too. Do you listen to his podcast The Rest is Politics with Alastair Campbell? It’s very good.

Reactions: 3
James O'Brien consistently refers to him as 'Brexit Hardman Steve Baker' 😆
Steve Baker called himself 'the Hardman of Brexit". He (and his backers) are even more frightening than Boris Johnson.

I saw a great comment about Raab the other night on youtube.
"I've no idea how this guy manages to stand up without a spine"

He reminds me of a floundering fish who hasn't a clue where he is, what's happening, or what he's even doing here on earth. Haha yes, an invertebrate.

• Haha
I liked Rory Stewart too. Do you listen to his podcast The Rest is Politics with Alastair Campbell? It’s very good.
Yes, I love it - about to go to bed with the special episode they've recorded today.

His book, The Places In Between, about his solo walk across Afghanistan, is amazing too.

Steve Baker called himself 'the Hardman of Brexit". He (and his backers) are even more frightening than Boris Johnson.
if he was chocolate he'd eat himself! he is to far up his own ass

• Haha
I do listen to the podcast, it‘s excellent. Two very clever and interesting people with a lot of political knowledge and experience. I’m always recommending it to other people to listen to it but I realise that Campbell isn’t for everyone.

OMG, I didn’t realise that nickname had been started by himself - that is tragic 😆. My husband can’t stand him, he thinks he’s absolute scum.

Reactions: 4
I always liked Rory Stewart, but he's not an MP so he's out of the question. apart from that, no idea.
Boris cleared out anyone who might be a contender as one of his first tasks as PM - at the time, RS was looking quite good for the job in the future.

I quite like Tobias Ellwood - I dont think it should be any 'what Freda says' who was part of the Clowns cabinet.

And here's an intellectual assessmnet of the runners and riders:

:m

Do we know whose standing yet or when all the "competition" for our new PM begins.

At this stage I hope they elect a strong leader who is compassionate about the roll and won't break rules or tell lies. Difficult, isn't it. And I definitely don't want Jeremy Hunt as his priority wouldn't be helping the economy or sorting taxes. He'd be hell bent on reversing Brexit which, approve or not, would make us the laughing stock to the world.

Pritti promises good stuff but doesn't do anything about it.

Rishi would be good, but the media wouldn't let him alone.

Truss has achieved a lot of good things, so could be a contender, but I'd like to hear where her priorities lie if she took the job.

Raab speaks well, doesn't take prisoners, and whilst people think he's quiet, it's simply because he takes no BS. He's been deputy for a while now and will understand what to continue with and what changes need making, to help successfully drive the country forward.

• Haha
I think the only one that has come forward as standing so far is Suella Braverman, the current Attorney General.

• Wow
I do listen to the podcast, it‘s excellent. Two very clever and interesting people with a lot of political knowledge and experience. I’m always recommending it to other people to listen to it but I realise that Campbell isn’t for everyone.
I can't stand Alastair Campbell. He seems to have reinvented himself as some sound political commentator but in reality he was the man who made Dominic Cummings look like a loyal, sensitive puppy.

Campbell became synonymous with the term 'spin doctor'. He was moaning on Question Time about the media manipulating and controlling the narrative. Jeezus.

I can't stand Alastair Campbell. He seems to have reinvented himself as some sound political commentator but in reality he was the man who made Dominic Cummings look like a loyal, sensitive puppy.

Campbell became synonymous with the term 'spin doctor'. He was moaning on Question Time about the media manipulating and controlling the narrative. Jeezus.
He was shocking on Question Time last night, he had a face like a slapped arse from the word go and was really rude and aggressive. He's bullish on the podcast but he comes across quite differently. Maybe Rory Stewart has a calming effect on him!

He's meant to the inspiration for Malcolm Tucker isn't he? Not hard to believe.

Oh for heavens sakes. Not surprising though.

No one who's propped Johnson up and turned a blind eye to his antics for the last 3 years should be allowed to run for leadership.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.