Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
I hope Rishi finally decides the time is right to throw his hat in the ring.

I’m no expert, and incidentally I’m not particularly inclined to Labour or Conservative (I vote only because I want to recognise the people who died for my right to have one, but I always spoil my vote writing something like “You’re all a bunch of wankers”). I know I’m immature.

But Rishi Sunil seems very much not part of that fucking white boy upper class ex-Etonian gang of of fuck tards that have been running the country for years. He clearly doesn’t need the money (hello rich tax-dodging wife 😜), speaks convincingly, and acted decisively (and broadly correctly in my view) during a pandemic and potential financial crisis that no-one in current history has had to consider.

His PR and Marketing stuff is a bit too slick for me, but I guess that’s the way of the world these days.

Above all, he seems competent. And in my view we could really do some competency after years of Boris.

And labour are bloody hopeless. The end.
Sunak competent? 🤣

He's only been an MP for about five minutes.
(first elected 2015, in one of the safest seats in the country).

Utterly stuffed up covid support, with all the dodgy PPE and other contracts happening under his watch, and £5 BILLION of fraudulent covid Bounce Back Loans issued without even the most basic of checks, also on his watch.

"Eat Out To Help Out" that just led to restaurant workers walking out at being overworked and underappreciated, and had everyone crowding into restaurants to catch as much covid as they could carry.

Came up with bonkers energy bill loan scheme during cost of living crisis, which was soon replaced by an almost identically flawed energy bill payment instead of loan, but which actually does sod all towards really fixing the problem.

And that's just for starters.

Dreadful chancellor. Made George Osborne look like an absolute guru.

Reactions: 16

Moth

VIP Member
I don't like any of the parties, I feel like they're pretty much as bad as each other and each have their faults. That said, I knew labour would never get fined. Organisations and the majority of the population are very left leaning, so of course they'd let Keir off the hook. Not saying that what Boris has done and how he's behaved is okay either but Keir still broke lockdown rules and should've been setting an example.

Also, I'm willing to place money that the next PM will be Rishi or someone similar. A white British PM is hated in 2022 and we will need to be "all inclusive". It's perfect for ticking those boxes 😉
Except of course that he didn't which is why two attempts by the client media to convince everyone (including the Durham Police) that he did have failed miserably.

If the majority of the population are "very left leaning" it is somewhat of a surprise that we have one of the most right wing governments ever.

As for the racist nonsense about 'a white British PM' ....

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Yel

Chatty Member
I've got no time for anyone that up until now kept supporting him and now suddenly demands he goes when nothing really new that actually changes perception. I'll give the truly awful Nadine Dorris some credit for actually carrying on 😂🤪. He never should have been pm. Should have been kicked out with the owen paterson stuff last year.

I've got no confidence that things will be materially better if only labour got in (wouldn't it be lovley if it was that simple!). If sir Keir had of been better he'd have capitalised on the many fuck ups, but for someone that an experienced lawyer he failed to hit many blows.

Although it could be worse, despite how unsuitable BJ was jack monroe would be even worse but there's thousands on twatter saying she should take over 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think it's possible they won't in the next GE. . I am so pissed off wth them and they are losing the traditional working class support. They have been in power for 12 years this has made them think they can get away with everything. It's like an old boys club. We need new blood in Westminster.
I would vote for Lord Buckethead before I voted Tory.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think Boris's behaviour over the last 48 hours was unhinged and delusional. He shouldn't be trusted to act with restraint as leader of a caretaker government.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Ensay

VIP Member
Rishi comes across as smarmy, untrustworthy, slimy and out of touch.

Which is why he could go all the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

The most shocking of them lot tbh

Apparently Boris might hold on till next week and then it would be another vote of no confidence? Granted, he'd still probably be the PM for a bit until a replacement is found
It is quite a shock as she has been a very loyal supporter. To be honest I’d happily see the back of her too. She’s horrid.

Reactions: 12

Sibz

Chatty Member
I reckon something has happened behind the scenes (besides Chris Pincher) and it's upset them... they've been turning a blind eye to Boris shenanigans for so long, why suddenly change their mind now?

Reactions: 12