UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is no opposition, Starmer had an untold amount of weapons in his arsenal yesterday to go after them but the best he could do was joke about Ant & Dec mocking him. And when push comes to shove, Labour all vote for the same restrictions as the Tories anyway. They are all an absolute shower
Starmer said that he's for constructive opposition.
So he's a Tory in my eyes.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else keep hearing Tobias Ellwood being mentioned as the next PM?

He does sound infinitely better than Sunak or Truss purely because I know nothing about him

Johnson wont be going out on the current backlash, I think the blind defense of owen Patterson's rule breaking is the worst thing he's done recently. Likley to go mid next year imo.

His name will be quite far below Sunak, Gove, Raab, Patel, Truss, Hunt, and even Javid might throw his hat in the ring. I'd say Ellwood would have more of a chance than the forum's favourite turtleneck wearing adulterer Matt Hancock though.

Johnson wont be going out on the current backlash,
I think if another scandal happens he’ll be out. His position is so untenable as it is. He’s clinging in by his fingernails.No idea why he’s still in and there hasn’t been a coup.

Reactions: 2
They must have so much dirt on each other man. I cant think of any other reason why they havent turned on him, he must have them by their short n curlies! lol

Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20211216-161831_Gallery.jpg

Have just posted on another thread though hope it OK here, too.

If it matters to you, please sign and share or ignore it/me.

Peace out 💜

Screenshot_20211216-164946_Outlook.jpg

And just saw this.

I forwarded via email to my local MP. I asked for their opinion on the blatant hypocrisy, during a global time of crisis, and what their feelings are on the 2 sets of rules, that seem to be in place. One for them, other for us (mentioned the K Price farce too).

I'm going to order Chinese and stay off news for the rest of the day.

What a disgrace, the tragedies for many during this pandemic and look at the state of them.

I'll get my coat.

Grrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Im not a fan of keir starmer but I will agree that bojo is the worst prime minister we’ve had at the worst possible time. We, the country, us normal peasants folk, are getting mugged off every day n they laugh and get away with it.

Reactions: 2
Wow.

Lots of things to come out if the by-election.

There's a hell of a lot of anger out there clearly.

I'm finding the concept of a Progessive alliance interesting. Obviously the Lib Dems benefit but Labout might find it useful in those 'safe seats ' they'll struggle with that didn't turn red in 97 that may be able to go LD.

Wow.

Lots of things to come out if the by-election.

There's a hell of a lot of anger out there clearly.

I'm finding the concept of a Progessive alliance interesting. Obviously the Lib Dems benefit but Labout might find it useful in those 'safe seats ' they'll struggle with that didn't turn red in 97 that may be able to go LD.
There is no such thing as a progressive alliance where Labour and the Lib Democrats are concerned.

They, much like the Tories, will say or do anything that gives them a stronger chance of seeing power. Once in power will backtrack on promises.

Just look at the Lib Dems and Tuition fees. Once in power they were quick enough to roll over on their pledges not to increase them. As a result, students post 2012 are far worse off than those who went to Uni before the massive increases.

I have no confidence that Labour, Lib Democrats and SNP are any better than the Tories.

Reactions: 5
There is no such thing as a progressive alliance where Labour and the Lib Democrats are concerned.

They, much like the Tories, will say or do anything that gives them a stronger chance of seeing power. Once in power will backtrack on promises.

Just look at the Lib Dems and Tuition fees. Once in power they were quick enough to roll over on their pledges not to increase them. As a result, students post 2012 are far worse off than those who went to Uni before the massive increases.

I have no confidence that Labour, Lib Democrats and SNP are any better than the Tories.
Think people are just given the illusion of democracy.

Just like Pepsi and Coca Cola. The largest shareholders in both companies are the the same people.

Reactions: 4

There are certain seats like NorthShropshire that would never go Labour, but at a push they’d go Liberal. If these seats didn’t go Red in 1997, they never will. In these seats Labour need to step aside, and give the other parties a decent shot on target. The strength of feeling last night meant this wasn’t an issue, but in competitive elections it will.

The electoral composition of things now, mean Labour need to remove these safe seats off the Tories so they can compensate for the loss of Scottish seats. The strength of the LD would work in their favour. Not sure what the LD aims are, they won’t gain power, and I doubt they’d coalition partner again.

Screenshot_20211218-121602_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211218-121644_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211218-121625_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211218-121613_Outlook.jpg

Will leave this here, apologies it not in order, all broken biscuits. The second screenshot to read in order, is the bottom one, then go back up. 🙄 at LFC

Tried x 2 but diligence levels evidently not v present today (most days but I try lol).

Just an FYI, if you are interested.

Enjoy the last Saturday before Crimbo day, tattle crew. 💜

I wonder if people are getting fatigue from all these partygates or if they're getting angrier?

The ratings for the Tories aren't as low as you'd probably expect them to be with how long they've been in and covid.

Screenshot_20220111-120046_Chrome.jpg

Sir Keir seems to be doing a much better job over the last month, but still seems unelectable - not nearly high enough in polls. Being a bit ahead of the in power opposition isn't a hard task.

I've always been a labour voter, but I refuse to vote keir Starmer in... He's a red tory. He was in parliament during the pandemic agreeing with everything bojo was saying. I read Corbyn is looking at starting his own party - I hope he does - he'd have my vote.

Reactions: 4
I wish more people knew that spoiling their vote is an option.

And unlike simply just not voting it differentiates the contemptuous from the apathetic.

Voting for our preferred third party would only further divide us, but everyone spoiling their vote would unite us in our demand for a change.

I wish more people knew that spoiling their vote is an option.

And unlike simply just not voting it differentiates the contemptuous from the apathetic.

Voting for our preferred third party would only further divide us, but everyone spoiling their vote would unite us in our demand for a change.
I think people do know, I just feel what's the point? I wouldn't be bothered to go vote just to spoil it.

As much as there's no one that represents me, I'd rather vote for the least worst person and hope things go in a slightly better direction.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.