UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd think the only people annoyed by the funeral aspect are the "no one's done more for this country and worked harder than her majesty" brigade.

Also probably unpopular, but of course the queen followed the rules while the TV cameras were on her. I'd be shocked if the staff within the royal palaces hadn't had some pissups over the last two years. They're just much tighter and aren't full of people leaking info like the current government.

And now I sound like an apologist for the government 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6

looks like it was a weekly piss up even when we were in full lockdown
I'm going to sound like such an apologist for the gov, but so many places I've worked in London give booze late Friday afternoons. Some of the tech companys have beer on tap and wine for people to help themselves to that's available from 5pm on Fridays - that continued throughout covid for those in the office.

I guess it depends on if you see work colleagues already in work mixing with drinks as a party or not and if the gov should stay out of grey areas. Bit on the fence but I do think some of the stuff out there is disingenuous.

But the knives are out and they want him gone. I'm not sure if operation "red meat" to sack a load of people, announce the end of restrictions and that dowing Street goes dry will stop the backlash. He's really not wanting to be forced out. Could be another Novak style mess 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm going to sound like such an apologist for the gov, but so many places I've worked in London give booze late Friday afternoons. Some of the tech companys have beer on tap and wine for people to help themselves to that's available from 5pm on Fridays - that continued throughout covid for those in the office.

I guess it depends on if you see work colleagues already in work mixing with drinks as a party or not and if the gov should stay out of grey areas. Bit on the fence but I do think some of the stuff out there is disingenuous.

But the knives are out and they want him gone. I'm not sure if operation "red meat" to sack a load of people, announce the end of restrictions and that dowing Street goes dry will stop the backlash. He's really not wanting to be forced out. Could be another Novak style mess 😆
I suppose it’s worst because it’s only come out now so looks shady and along with all the other Tory sleaze, it’s just more ammunition against him. He does need to go but so do most of the government 🤦‍♀️

There must be a catalogue of sleaze on each politician, the powers that be open it once it's time to move on, the pic of Starmer drinking in the office proves it ,whoever took that planned to use once the occasion arose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
There must be a catalogue of sleaze on each politician, the powers that be open it once it's time to move on, the pic of Starmer drinking in the office proves it ,whoever took that planned to use once the occasion arose.
exactly, they are all just snakes . itd be hilarious if they werent running tje country

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe drinking on the job was acceptable in the 80s, but not so much in the present day 🥴

Reactions: 2
I suppose it’s worst because it’s only come out now so looks shady and along with all the other Tory sleaze, it’s just more ammunition against him. He does need to go but so do most of the government 🤦‍♀️
Yeah I guess so, I just find the owen Patterson far worse. That was absolutely outrageous trying to change the rules and to protect him over a short suspension and showed how flawed his judgement was.

Ironically the gov I don't think are doing that badly at the moment with covid. While labour, Wales, Nicola and the SNP were demanding more money for stuff like furlough and to allow them to lock stuff down they didn't turn on the money taps again. I believe that was because of pressure from back benchers? I dread to think how many billions labour and the SNP would have wasted by overreacting to the new varient.

Yeah I guess so, I just find the owen Patterson far worse. That was absolutely outrageous trying to change the rules and to protect him over a short suspension and showed how flawed his judgement was.

Ironically the gov I don't think are doing that badly at the moment with covid. While labour, Wales, Nicola and the SNP were demanding more money for stuff like furlough and to allow them to lock stuff down they didn't turn on the money taps again. I believe that was because of pressure from back benchers? I dread to think how many billions labour and the SNP would have wasted by overreacting to the new varient.
Yeah, when I said government I should have said parliament - the other parties aren’t much better.

I agree on how they’re handling covid at the moment and I am so happy we didn’t have further restrictions because of Omicron in England. I think it’s about the only thing they are doing right at the moment though 🤣

I expect MPs from ALL parties have been guilty of rule breaking during the pandemic.

As usual, MPs think the rules don't apply to them.

I hark back to my previous comment. All political parties (the big three + SNP in particular), are as bad as each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Dominic Cummings has said that he warned Boris that the May 2020 party (where around 100 people attended) shouldn’t go ahead.

• Haha

So under labour bills would only be going up 800 rather than 1000? With such misleading words like the above and the lack of detail it's hard to see them as a viable alternative.

Dominic Cummings has said that he warned Boris that the May 2020 party (where around 100 people attended) shouldn’t go ahead.
Of course he did 😆, it's really hard with him and BJ to decide who is more trustworthy

I agree on how they’re handling covid at the moment and I am so happy we didn’t have further restrictions because of Omicron in England. I think it’s about the only thing they are doing right at the moment though 🤣
Yep, one thing going ok all while the cost of living and other crisis are building up, I won't give them too much credit

Reactions: 4
Re: The Conservative MP who jumped ship to Labour.

I would have had more respect for this MP had he of become an independent MP.

I fail to see how he thinks becoming a Labour MP is the answer to this situation.

Reactions: 8
Re: The Conservative MP who jumped ship to Labour.

I would have had more respect for this MP had he of become an independent MP.

I fail to see how he thinks becoming a Labour MP is the answer to this situation.
It's an answer to his situation and keep him in power and build up ever more of the generous pension.

Least meaningful thing ever someone from a red wall seat joining labour.

It's an answer to his situation and keep him in power and build up ever more of the generous pension.

Least meaningful thing ever someone from a red wall seat joining labour.
As it has just been said. This MP was criticising Labour on Twitter a week, or so back.

Now he decides to join them.

He also supported defecting MPs having to stand in an automatic by-election. I bet he no longer agrees with that either.

Talk about double standards.

Becoming an independent MP, I would have agreed. Deflecting to Labour makes him look an utter hypocrite - only doing so to improve his chances of staying on as an MP.

Reactions: 6
I thought Boris had survived ok, but that David Davis comment, wow.
What did he say?

I'm suprised he's doing well in PMQ's after even Beth rigby managed to run rings around him yesterday

I don't think BJ is going until at least after the local elections and before he's done enough days to not be the shortest serving PM.

As it has just been said. This MP was criticising Labour on Twitter a week, or so back.

Now he decides to join them.

He also supported defecting MPs having to stand in an automatic by-election. I bet he no longer agrees with that either.

Talk about double standards.

Becoming an independent MP, I would have agreed. Deflecting to Labour makes him look an utter hypocrite - only doing so to improve his chances of staying on as an MP.
Just what we need, MPs with zero conviction and will just flip flop to whatever benefits him. A real gem 🙄

I thought Boris had survived ok, but that David Davis comment, wow.
Damn, David Davis is a savage!

Why was there a hoo hah about the Royal Family being mentioned - why aren’t they allowed to be talked about?

What did he say?
“You have sat there too long for all the good you have done. In the name of God, go.”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Any time I hear of David Davis I just think of dead ringers with him being the Brexit bulldog negotiating with the EU and ending up having a toblerone inserted inside him 😆. I wish radio 4 did that show more

• Haha
What did he say?

I'm suprised he's doing well in PMQ's after even Beth rigby managed to run rings around him yesterday

I don't think BJ is going until at least after the local elections and before he's done enough days to not be the shortest serving PM.

Just what we need, MPs with zero conviction and will just flip flop to whatever benefits him. A real gem 🙄
No surprises that all his previous criticism of Labour has now been removed from his Twitter account.

Apparently one of his latest tweets was about his local Labour Council killing Bury Town Centre with their policies.

Now seemingly OK, now he has defected.

Hypocrite.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.