UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God did anyone watch pmqs? That “apology “ was laughable

Reactions: 4
God did anyone watch pmqs? That “apology “ was laughable
It was definitely not an apology. "I'm sorry if you feel this way" basically. It's amazing that every party has come out and said he should resign. Even his own guys stood behind him at one point were shaking their heads at what he was saying. I really hope he is done for now, I feel like we have had the piss taken out of us this whole time.

Reactions: 2
I'm still a bit confused with how many parties they've had, is it 3? And why do itv keep getting the exclusive?

To be honest if it was a private company I wouldn't be too bothered about the same people that mix at work mixing outside as the effect isn't that big. But a bit different if you're the government.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else have a family member who sees no wrong in Boris and the tories? Its exhausting as they just won't listen to anything bad about him.

• Wow
I'm still a bit confused with how many parties they've had, is it 3? And why do itv keep getting the exclusive?

To be honest if it was a private company I wouldn't be too bothered about the same people that mix at work mixing outside as the effect isn't that big. But a bit different if you're the government.
I was annoyed that starmer didn’t state that it was more than one party, isn’t it about 8?

Reactions: 3
I think people do know, I just feel what's the point? I wouldn't be bothered to go vote just to spoil it.

As much as there's no one that represents me, I'd rather vote for the least worst person and hope things go in a slightly better direction.
I love this quote and paraphrase it generally to anyone who says "Whats the point?!" in voting.
1642006292041.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Someone I was speaking to mentioned this but the police would have known about these parties happening - since the police had powers to arrest and break up people flouting the laws, doesn’t this also involve not only the MPs but the police?

Someone I was speaking to mentioned this but the police would have known about these parties happening - since the police had powers to arrest and break up people flouting the laws, doesn’t this also involve not only the MPs but the police?
I've thought this, number 10 must have a constant and heavy police protection presence at all times.

At the same time some councils were taking drones out to complain about people going for a walk in the middle of nowhere because it wasn't essential 😳 and the police inside number 10 did nothing while the wine corks were popping?

Reactions: 6

I wondered that. It’s the same guy Paul someone? He’s not even a political correspondent so how is he getting all the scoops and the people with all the links to Cummings and Downing Street insiders heard nothing about it for 18 months. Pretty suss.

Mogg now doing the media rounds blaming Dominic Cummings for drip feeding all this.

I thought he might survive this, I’m not sure now to be honest. I think he’ll be done for before March.

I think he’ll be done for before March.
I think party or no party I've always thought he'd be on his way out once covid is over. He wanted the job, but then got it and realised it isn't for him. He wants the glory and status but doesn't actually want to do the job.

I thought he'd leave last march once the vaccine rollout covered most people. Maybe now omicron is bringing the pandemic to a new status he'll disappear off. He won't want to leave now and instead wait until the calls for him to resign fade.

People need to wake up and understand that the big three parties (plus the SNP) play us all for fools.

They'll tell you anything on your doorstep, in order to gain your vote.

Once they win, they'll usually backtrack on promises made, nor give a stuff what you think about that.

The continual Labour Vs Conservative BS is tiresome and rather boring.

People need to understand that both are as bad as each other, there is no 'better' party of the two. It is a sad state of UK Politics when either are the only parties that will ever form a Government.

We need more viable options on the table.

Until that happens, the big political parties will continue to treat us as gullible mugs.

Reactions: 9
I was annoyed that starmer didn’t state that it was more than one party, isn’t it about 8?
BBC news did a party roundup, they're saying it's 3. 2 summer garden parties and the Christmas quiz / party thing where Johnson attended via video

BBC news did a party roundup, they're saying it's 3. 2 summer garden parties and the Christmas quiz / party thing where Johnson attended via video
Although now I hear there's 12 parties / gatherings that are being investigated. But not all are involving the PM.

I wonder if it's really as big of a deal as the media are making out having drinks on the eve of Prince Philips funeral. I don't recall the nation being in mourning. Tattle was in a right mess over it all.

Downing Street has the most police per sq ft out of anywhere in the country. How can they have not seen someone pissed breaking Wilf's swing?

I wonder if it's really as big of a deal as the media are making out having drinks on the eve of Prince Philips funeral. I don't recall the nation being in mourning. Tattle was in a right mess over it all.

Downing Street has the most police per sq ft out of anywhere in the country. How can they have not seen someone pissed breaking Wilf's swing?
I was thinking that, the reason people are angry is because we were in a pandemic and lockdown, not for Phillip dying, personally I wouldn’t even be able to remember when it happened . The way it is being reported on is so odd

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.