UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see that the Rochdale by-election turn out was less than 40 per cent. I think by-elections do, traditionally, have low turn outs compared to general. So could, hopefully, mean Galloway could lose next time around if Labour field a decent candidate

Reactions: 3
Galloway set to be sworn into House of Commons today
I was on Youtube last night and his Talkshow popped-up in my feed (bit of a worry) So, I clicked on it and there were a hell of a lot of people there and quite a few seemed to be donating money. Not sure what any of this means, but thought I'd share. 🤪

One question, will Galloway be treated like any other MP at PMQ's or because he is the leader of his own party will he get given a question like the other minor opposition parties?

I was on Youtube last night and his Talkshow popped-up in my feed (bit of a worry) So, I clicked on it and there were a hell of a lot of people there and quite a few seemed to be donating money. Not sure what any of this means, but thought I'd share. 🤪

One question, will Galloway be treated like any other MP at PMQ's or because he is the leader of his own party will he get given a question like the other minor opposition parties?
If his history is anything to go by, he'll make a bit song and dance today then not bother going back.

• Haha
It's the leaders of the second and third largest parties who are guaranteed questions. Not that it'd bother Galloway because he's hardly going to be there anyway. Last couple of times he was elected he barely turned up to parliament.

Reactions: 2
This made me laugh!
I think that Starmer doesn't give a toss. If the Labour candidate in Rochdale hadn't been so boneheaded Labour probably would have won the seat. Galloway will make a big noise and then disappear. He didn't stand in Poplar because he knew he would lose, he lost Bradford, and he'll lose Rochdale.

Reactions: 2
Reactions: 7
Not fucked enough if 20% of voters still look at 14 years of Tory incompetence and the utter shitshow of the current government and still think yep, I’m voting for more of this.
Trouble is that the altenatives are not any better - I have seen no other party come up with a solution to the country's problems. I have no idea who I will vote for in the next General Election.

Reactions: 1
Don’t you think his recent comments have come across like that?
When you know that Galloway has been endorsed by the galloping racist bleep Nick Griffin the sooner he takes himself and his comments and crawls back under the nearest rock the better.

When you know that Galloway has been endorsed by the galloping racist bleep Nick Griffin the sooner he takes himself and his comments and crawls back under the nearest rock the better.
Lots of voters won’t know that or maybe the don’t care ? now they’ve been singled out by Sunak

Galloway just been sworn in the HoC. He held bible and swore to obey and not affirm

Reactions: 1
Galloway just been sworn in the HoC. He held bible and swore to obey and not affirm
And? Boris Johnson was sworn into the HoC and the Covid enquiry and lied his bleeping arse off at both. It doesn’t mean anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.