UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyway, Boris' Daily Mail debut:

Other political stuff going on because of this:

Reactions: 2
The bleeping Luftwaffe did less damage to Britain than Boris. Be nice if he at least donated his 115k pa for life to cover some of his security costs for life, same goes for Truss and Blair ... (just replace the damage done to Britain with Iraq in Bliar's case). Geezus ... no wonder everyone is on their uppers, we're having to pay for these tossers. Rant over. 😒

Reactions: 10
Mirror reveals latest footage of Tories partying like it's 2020.....

It's the first actual video.

Reactions: 1
Mirror reveals latest footage of Tories partying like it's 2020.....

It's the first actual video.
Only saw a small clip ... not sure who the people were ... low level staff? Kinda feel sorry for them if that's the case, should at least have had their faces blurred out.

How stupid to film the event..? Sheer arrogance. I don't feel sorry for them at all...One of them has even been awarded an OBE..They deserve all they get which will of course be nothing and they are probably all laughing about it today

Reactions: 13
Not sure about the homelessness/ no fixed address thing but years ago the only people who had "no fixed abode" were literally homeless, but I've noticed a lot more people are saying no fixed address these days, but no idea why?
Only saw a small clip ... not sure who the people were ... low level staff? Kinda feel sorry for them if that's the case, should at least have had their faces blurred out.
Even low level staff should have been following the rules. Johnson didn't tell us to follow the rules with the exception of any low level people in society, who could party to their hearts content. The sheer bleeping arrogance of it! Glad they were filmed, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Low level staff are usually the ones to comply with the rules the most because their jobs are seen as more dispensible.

If the low level staff were ignoring the rules it's because someone at the top made them feel it was fine to do so.

Reactions: 9
Low level staff are usually the ones to comply with the rules the most because their jobs are seen as more dispensible.

If the low level staff were ignoring the rules it's because someone at the top made them feel it was fine to do so.
Yeah that's how I feel about it. Who got the OBE? Not the twit in the jumper surely ... :rolleyes:

ben mallett in the video got an OBE
shaun bailey in pics of the same night / his team organised the party made a Lord

I can’t help but think of the Parliamentary hearing into ITV and Schofield which seemed like a waste of resources to me personally. I think I’ve been hearing about allegations against MPs for a few years now and it doesn’t seem like an awful lot has come of it despite happening in Parliament itself?

Adding insult to injury is just how lame this all is. Breaking the rules to spend time with colleagues???

My colleagues are actually quite fun but if I was going to risk trouble it wouldn't be with them! 😆

I guess it speaks volumes of the comraderie needed and expected in politics. Most of us were happy for a break from colleagues while they thought it was worth ruining their reputation for Sally in HR.

Reactions: 6
They thought they could and would get away with it. That's the arrogance. We're superior to everyone else. We can do what we like because we can.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
No, the twit in the braces
I watched a bit of Trooping of the Colour with my mum because she likes all that stuff and one of the soldiers on there was a para-trooper who had done two tours of Afghanistan ... then I thought of that twit in the braces getting an honour and felt ashamed. I mean, anyone with any bleeping decency wouldn't accept an award for essentially doing naff all.

I watched a bit of Trooping of the Colour with my mum because she likes all that stuff and one of the soldiers on there was a para-trooper who had done two tours of Afghanistan ... then I thought of that twit in the braces getting an honour and felt ashamed. I mean, anyone with any bleeping decency wouldn't accept an award for essentially doing naff all.
The vast majority of 'honours' go to people that essentially have done 'naff all' other than their job even if some of them are perceived as having value to the public. The whole system should be scrapped. There's over 1000 people on the King's Birthday Honours List:

Do we know who took/released the video? It feels like someone with a grudge. Why wait three years before coming forward with it? This seems to be going on and on and on. Now it's going to be investigated at the tax payers expense, at a time the country has much more to sort out. It's maddening, it should never have happened, but people should have come forward sooner if they wanted to bring out their wooden spoon.

Do we know who took/released the video? It feels like someone with a grudge. Why wait three years before coming forward with it?
Well it's obviously a Boris supporter. Boris won't rest untill Rishi is gone so he can plot his return. It's beyond pathetic.

Reactions: 3
Can you imagine what historians of the future will make of this?!! The Gunpowder Plot will seem tame in comparison.

Boris wants to be the subject of future GCSE questions if schools/human teachers still exist in years to come

Reactions: 3
the police clearly did an excellent job of looking into partygate if this is new to them too :rolleyes: there was a group pic of the same night and they didn't find this on anyone's phone???

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.