UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was gonna say, Isabel has taken herself down with Matt because she's not coming off great either.

And isn't she effectively the source? Because Matt was never going to pass these messages to the press for them to report on. In terms of being an informant and revealing information to the media for a news story, Isabel is the source herself.
Surely she’s only the source because Hancock leaked the messages to her in the first place? I would have thought that messages between government ministers must be subject to confidentiality/GDPR etc. Hasn’t Hancock committed a huge breach in the first place by giving the messages to her?

Reactions: 2
Surely she’s only the source because Hancock leaked the messages to her in the first place? I would have thought that messages between government ministers must be subject to confidentiality/GDPR etc. Hasn’t Hancock committed a huge breach in the first place by giving the messages to her?
Good point, not keen on either but will watch and see the outcome of this…I’m really struggling to understand why Hancock employed her in the first place…

“A journalist who has long made clear her disdain for his lockdown policies, she has been accused of having a poor track record when it comes to source protection, and is in a relationship with the leader of the anti-lockdown Reform party”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Good point, not keen on either but will watch and see the outcome of this…I’m really struggling to understand why Hancock employed her in the first place…
Despite being utterly despicable, she’s youngish and quite attractive. Having previous for thinking with his dick I’d guess he quite fancied the idea of spending months droning on about how fabulous he is with her hanging on his every word.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

“A journalist who has long made clear her disdain for his lockdown policies, she has been accused of having a poor track record when it comes to source protection, and is in a relationship with the leader of the anti-lockdown Reform party”
No matter how in bed politicians are with some of these journos, surely common sense would say that a journalist will do what benefits them. Obviously being in favour with Matt wasn't as attractive as getting this scoop.

But, if the messages are in the public domain (part of an inquiry, in the book) like Matt says when I can't see what the problem is. Anyone who looked hard enough could have found it. So why call this a betrayal and say she's broken the NDA?

------

So the 2019 election which was primarily focused on getting Brexit done was based on insufficient knowledge? He probably thought he was above looking at the details. Thought it was oven ready!!!

😂 you have to hand it to him he can sure raise a laugh .

Last edited:
  • Sick
No matter how in bed politicians are with some of these journos, surely common sense would say that a journalist will do what benefits them. Obviously being in favour with Matt wasn't as attractive as getting this scoop.

But, if the messages are in the public domain (part of an inquiry, in the book) like Matt says when I can't see what the problem is. Anyone who looked hard enough could have found it. So why call this a betrayal and say she's broken the NDA?
This might be interesting

Reactions: 5
Trusting a journalist with that kind of confidential information is like the gingerbread man trusting the fox to give him a lift over the river.

Reactions: 6

Yel

COULD and the story with Jobby makes me think it's nothing more than far fetched speculation for attention. I'd of thought seeing as it's all communications with public officials there is an expectation they'll become public record. Whether the NDA makes any difference is up to someone's opinion.

At this point the main thing I'm interested in is something coming out that makes Rishi untenable and forces a snap election to at least get things moving.

Reactions: 2
There are two reasons the Windsor framework isn't an option for some.
1. It makes it more tricky to get drugs in.
2. The Union.
Below is how a television show on BBC portrayed the deal. The presenter was dressed as Del Boy.
There’s no McFlurrys there 🤔

• Haha
Can I just add this show is on a par with Newsnight and features politicians and political debates.

As usual Rees Mogg is talking contradictory nonsense.
When Sue Gray was investigating Partygate, he said “Sue Gray is independent and is preparing the report in her own time without coming under pressure from the government.”
And Mad Nad “ I know Sue Gray will be thorough and professional about her work... She is professional and formidable... She is known to be independent"

Apparently now it’s been mooted that she is going to work for Starmer, they seem to have changed their tune. Sue Gray is not impartial at all. Partygate was actually all her fault. There was no boozing, no shagging and the cake that ambushed Johnson was part of a left wing plot to bring down the government. 🙄

When Sue Gray was investigating Partygate, he said “Sue Gray is independent and is preparing the report in her own time without coming under pressure from the government.”
And Mad Nad “ I know Sue Gray will be thorough and professional about her work... She is professional and formidable... She is known to be independent"

Apparently now it’s been mooted that she is going to work for Starmer, they seem to have changed their tune. Sue Gray is not impartial at all. Partygate was actually all her fault. There was no boozing, no shagging and the cake that ambushed Johnson was part of a left wing plot to bring down the government. 🙄
CT are everywhere 😂
Somebody a lot higher than Sue wanted rid of Johnson, did they ever find out who set up the security cameras in Hancock’s office 😉

It's bizarre isn't it. When she was working for the Tories, they had no issues about impartiality. Now she might go and work for Labour, they suddenly can't trust her!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.