UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, yet more unparalleled wisdom from Theresa Coffey:
  • If you can't get tomatoes eat turnips
  • If you don't have enough money work more hours or get new skills
  • Water companies pumping raw sewage into the UK's rivers and seas is all the fault of the Labour party
Seriously makes you wonder where the empathy goes once they get into government. I always hear how politicians go into politics for the right reasons, it makes me wonder why Theresa Coffey got into politics

Reactions: 4
Seriously makes you wonder where the empathy goes once they get into government. I always hear how politicians go into politics for the right reasons, it makes me wonder why Theresa Coffey got into politics
I don’t think many of them had any empathy to begin with. I can’t believe that Sue Ellen Braverman was a perfectly nice woman until she became an MP. Or that Gullis lunatic was everyone’s favourite teacher.
Most of the current cabinet must have gone into politics for money and power - none of them would last 5 minutes in a proper job.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think many of them had any empathy to begin with. I can’t believe that Sue Ellen Braverman was a perfectly nice woman until she became an MP. Or that Gullis lunatic was everyone’s favourite teacher.
Most of the current cabinet must have gone into politics for money and power - none of them would last 5 minutes in a proper job.
Couldn't agree more. Cruella Braverman is something else. I can't even imagine what she's like in the real world.
---
We’ve got no shortage of fruit n veg infact Sainsbury’s are practically giving it away, only malnutrition being caused is by rising bills and low wages.
The big Sainsburys near me had no tomatoes or peppers whatsoever on Sunday.
---
My friend lives in a formerly safe Labour seat gone blue and there were people canvassing for voting intention today.
I really hope they come to my door. I'll be genuinely fascinated to see how they put their pitch across.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. Cruella Braverman is something else. I can't even imagine what she's like in the real world.
---

The big Sainsburys near me had no tomatoes or peppers whatsoever on Sunday.
---

I really hope they come to my door. I'll be genuinely fascinated to see how they put their pitch across.
Maybe it’s because we’re in the single market? Ours definitely have them I bought some today, there’s no quota either. I believe the truckers don’t want to drive to the UK as they’re 77 hr checks.

I can’t get the meds I need as there’s a shortage but two turnips twice a day should work as well, shouldn’t it?
I don’t see why not. As long as they’re not those nasty foreign turnips.
Perhaps Therese Coffey’s fabulous nutritional advice is her bid to bring back those lovely British diseases like scurvy and rickets. 🇬🇧 🙄

Reactions: 1
Maybe it’s because we’re in the single market? Ours definitely have them I bought some today, there’s no quota either. I believe the truckers don’t want to drive to the UK as they’re 77 hr checks.
That probably has something to do with it but we aren't allowed to say that 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The problem with boris is he can't stay out of politics. He would have been better off writing columns and making a couple hundred grand a year.

Reactions: 3
The problem with boris is he can't stay out of politics. He would have been better off writing columns and making a couple hundred grand a year.
Peanuts compared with the world he's moving in now. The opportunities to grift in politics far outweighs anything he could get as a journalist.

What could possibly go wrong?
There must be a way of making Jens Stoltenberg stay in his job. Permanently if necessary.
It’s probably just a combination of his usual attention seeking, arrogance and over inflated ego. Johnson may well apply, but that doesn’t mean he’ll get the job - he’s an international joke. No one in their right mind would give that buffoon such an important job. ( Reminds self how many lunatics voted for him to be PM 😬 )

Reactions: 6
I guess the mumbling speeches must’ve dried up and he hasn’t the Russians to prop him up 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Remember the ferry company that had no ships? In 2018 the government awarded a contract worth £13.8 million to Seabourne Ferries to provide extra capacity in the event of a no deal Brexit. This despite the fact that Seabourne Ferries had no track record as as ferry company and actually no ships.

Well in 2021 the government announced a 'continuity agreement' between the UK and Morocco replicating the EU - Morocco agreement that we had just left because of Brexit. The government and their friends in the media excitedly claimed it as a 'huge win'. They said a weekly freight ferry service operated by United Seaways was 'up and running' between Tangiers (Morocco) and Poole bypassing the need for trucks to travel through Spain and France. The government actually bragged about how trade with Morocco had increased dramatically since Brexit and that 25% of our tomatoes now came from there. Only problem was that the 'up and running' ferry service wasn't 'up and running' and never has been.

So now the weather problems that affected vegetable production in Europe means that European wholesalers are looking elsewhere for their produce. Places like Morocco. Being in the EU makes it easy for European wholesalers to manage the 'frictionless' transport of tomatoes etc. by road across national borders through European logistics hubs. In comparison British wholesalers have to manage the transport across at least two EU borders with all the additional administration that Brexit created. It just easier and more profitable for Moroccan producers to sell to EU wholesalers than the much smaller UK market. The UK government and particularly the Brexit headbangers put us in this position.

What can Johnson possibly speak to investors of cryptocurrency and investment bankers about? How crypto would have benefited ancient Greece? Lol

• Haha
What can Johnson possibly speak to investors of cryptocurrency and investment bankers about? How crypto would have benefited ancient Greece? Lol
How to store your dosh in brown envelopes, lying, money laundering, how to ponce a free mansion and Italian sex parties.
Worth every penny surely.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.