UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good, I won't watch sky and the dreadful Beth rigby but hopefully that means other outlets will get it soon.
Is it a thing that some people really cant pronounce "ing" and say "in" instead? I went right off Beth when she attended Kay Burley's birthday party in lockdown, but her inability to pronounce the "ing" on the end of words is annoying - annoyin

Reactions: 3
Is it a thing that some people really cant pronounce "ing" and say "in" instead? I went right off Beth when she attended Kay Burley's birthday party in lockdown, but her inability to pronounce the "ing" on the end of words is annoying - annoyin
No. She's just bein' a twit.

She tried to get away with mispronouncing both rishi and Sunak. Someone at sky must have had a word to say say those correctly.

Makes my teeth itch. I won't watch sky news these days just incase she pops up reportin'.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
God I wish Gina Miller would go away. We get it, you want to be on television. Sheeeesh.

Gina doesn't just want to be on TV, she wants to be running the country with her amazing and honest party or whatever she called it. Another one talking about draining the swamp and all that 🙄

Anyone that's that desperate for power should never be let near it.

Gina doesn't just want to be on TV, she wants to be running the country with her amazing and honest party or whatever she called it. Another one talking about draining the swamp and all that 🙄
These people with all their grandiose idea's, wanting to change the world, clean up politics etc. etc. The majority of people just want a few pot holes filled-in or the ability to get an appointment at the dentist. People like Gina dream of scoffing Ferrero Rocher's at the ambassadors residence rather than deal with mundane everyday issues. As I said ... just leave us all alone, get a gig on LBC or something.

Reactions: 6
Sadiq Khan is exactly the same. I suspect it's all part of his working class image though.

So odd to see lots of media outlets and people on Twitter defending Raab and downplaying it all. I bet if they had a boss who behaved the way he does they'd be singing a different tune.

That’s basically a NI accent, you’d hate it here 😂
---
IMG_3748.jpeg

So odd to see lots of media outlets and people on Twitter defending Raab and downplaying it all. I bet if they had a boss who behaved the way he does they'd be singing a different tune.
media is one of the biggest bullying outlets

Reactions: 1
I'm not sure how the majority of people who answered that poll think Raab was wrong to resign when he said he'd resign if he was found guilty. That makes no sense at all. If the question asked was if you thought Raab was guilty or not I could understand respondents saying no. Weird. 🤪

Reactions: 1
I'm not sure how the majority of people who answered that poll think Raab was wrong to resign when he said he'd resign if he was found guilty. That makes no sense at all. If the question asked was if you thought Raab was guilty or not I could understand respondents saying no. Weird. 🤪
Maybe they don’t care if he was guilty🤷🏼‍♀️
---
I saw a comment earlier about Raab being bullied within an inch of his life by David Davis whenever he worked under him, must’ve rubbed off.

Last edited:
Abbott was wrong in what she wrote. And reading the headlines, it's a disservice to other groups of people who also face prejudice/racism that her offense towards them isn't being mentioned.

Reactions: 7
It being the first draft of the letter is not the defence she thinks it is. I'd also like to see what the final draft looks like because it must be in a similar vein.

Reactions: 9
How she didn't think to read it a few times or get a second pair of eyes on it is beyond me.
---
It being the first draft of the letter is not the defence she thinks it is. I'd also like to see what the final draft looks like because it must be in a similar vein.
Yeah, implies that she hasn't thought very deeply about the treatment of Jewish, Irish and Traveller people in Britain.
---
Robert Peston "This is such a strange letter":

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.