UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm surprised they haven't deleted this yet, every bit as bad as the Tories and their attacks on Keir with savill. And this is labour run under the former director of public prosecutions 🤦‍♀️

All this has proven to me, is that they are all really as bad as each other. Labour are not a real alternative.

Reactions: 8

Yel

All this has proven to me, is that they are all really as bad as each other. Labour are not a real alternative.
It's how it's been for a long time - barely a rizla paper between the two.

I'm quite disappointed in sir Keir that he signed off on this awful campaign. This is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect Angela to get behind, but thought he would be better.

Reactions: 6
Unsurprisingly, people from ethnic and religious minority groups have been pointing out that Labour has become Tory lite for a while now. Took some time for it to become more obvious but here we are I guess.

Reactions: 1
This Labour Party campaign was an ill-advised attempt to "fight fire with fire". However consistently positioning yourself as 'better than' the Tories but then adopting their tactics is a serious mistake because it inevitably leads to the over-simplified claims that 'they're all the same'.

Of course, if you're the Tory party or one of its supporters with nothing you can point to as a positive reason to vote for them except for the manufactured small boats crisis and culture wars, you're going to love this. The idea that voting Labour or Tory will make no difference is just what they want to encourage. Better the devil you know eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This Labour Party campaign was an ill-advised attempt to "fight fire with fire". However consistently positioning yourself as 'better than' the Tories but then adopting their tactics is a serious mistake because it inevitably leads to the over-simplified claims that 'they're all the same'.

Of course, if you're the Tory party or one of its supporters with nothing you can point to as a positive reason to vote for them except for the manufactured small boats crisis and culture wars, you're going to love this. The idea that voting Labour or Tory will make no difference is just what they want to encourage. Better the devil you know eh?
Which is were I think Labour have gone very wrong with this campaign. Labour need to try and appeal to the disaffected centrist/left leaning conservative voter and get themselves very visible in Scotland, pronto. Not try and hang onto Red Wall voters.

I have never felt so politically homeless. The Conservatives need to bin the ERG goons and Labour any remaining Corbynites. Unfortunately the extremes of both parties have become the dominant voice and it's not healthy. The majority of people are centrists.

Reactions: 4

Yel

Labour must have spent a lot on this ad campaign as they're still continuing it today.

Seeing twitter roll out their trump misinformation features on labour tweets is embarrassing.

Such an own goal 🤦‍♀️. Do they really think they'll attract the people turned off by the Tories and Boris's rhetoric by emulating it 😬. This isn't targeting the right people and the people it is targeting won't be swayed by it.

Knowing when to cut your losses and admit something is a mistake is an important skill to have.

Reactions: 2

Yel

This is my personal fave labour meme of the day, probably a bit too accurate 😆

20230408_165736.jpg

It would have been so easy to do this campaign with the integrity that sir Keir has constantly claimed to have
Screenshot_20230408_202509_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: 3
Sir Keir is now writing in the daily mail how he doesn't regret a word and released a Easter video at a church that supports conversion therapy.

Managing to piss everyone off. Squandering all that goodwill he was gifted by merely being the opposition.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
They really do think everyone is stupid, interest rates in the UK have risen pretty much at the same rate as the US and eurozone. Liz's changes that the financial institutions rejected caused next to no long term scaring. Labour were calling for more money to be printed which would have led to even higher interest rates.

Just tedious these reductive politics when there are actual things to blame the Tories for. Instead we get a misleading everything is their fault, and we'll fix everything :rolleyes:. They're helping the tories if anything. All Labour had to do is not be the Tories and not treat the electorate with contempt and they would have walked this.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 12.43.20.png

Screenshot 2023-04-11 12.45.23.png

Have you seen this? A lot of it is new to me. Not taught in school. We were taught about William Wilberforce ending the slave trade. and that's it.

Has anyone else seen this?
I’m not sure about the source, but it’s certainly not the first time I’ve heard these claims.

• Wow
Has anyone else seen this?
I’m not sure about the source, but it’s certainly not the first time I’ve heard these claims.
I refused to subscribe to any Covid conspiracies but I'm still shocked at the leaked Hancock texts, especially the one where he was discussing the right time to announce another variant to make us more compliant.

And this is old but this Eton entry question (remember, these are teenagers) is asking schoolkids how they would justify using the army against protestors.

It's baked in these people to manipulate the masses to the point where you can't always understand why beyond the general desire to control us. People were already scared of Covid when Johnson was in hospital, it was him and his government who needed a wake up call about how serious it was, not us so the point of making us believe he was close to death makes no sense. But I wouldn't put it past them to lie.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.