UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm. I am not sure this looks good for the civil service. Big bosses at the top sometimes need to be hard-faced and feared in order to wield some authority. The tiers immediately below - who let's not be silly, are paid an AWFUL lot of money - should either be experienced and strong enough to deal with it, or certainly not incompetent enough to provoke his ire in the first place. I don't think a world where we throw out bullying accusations willy nilly is a good idea.

So I would like to see the report and know what it is he's supposed to have done. There's personal bullying and there's just telling people to do their job. The two seem to get confused in the modern snowflakey world.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
For setting the bullying bar so low! ........ so he agree's he is a bully! ......... spoken like a true bully!
What an odd thing to say in any setting but particularly, an adult who works in politics and sets policies/laws on the behalf of this country. Shouldn't there be a zero tolerance policy for any kind of bad behaviour? And his 'low threshold' might be someone else's breaking point.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
What an odd thing to say in any setting but particularly, an adult who works in politics and sets policies/laws on the behalf of this country. Shouldn't there be a zero tolerance policy for any kind of bad behaviour? And his 'low threshold' might be someone else's breaking point.
yip exactly! His letter alone he out's himself as a bully he is an arrogant evil b........!

Reactions: 3
I feel like I've seen so many resignation letters over the last 12 months as we've cycled through Tory PMs and Cabinets.

Wish they'd instead be competent and do their jobs and also not be bullying arseholes.

Raab definitely has the look of an arrogant pr1ck. Obviously ... that's not a crime. Just sayin'. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've got my postal votes though for council elections. I am going to vote for anyone but Conservative. Lib Dem, Green and Labour will all get a vote.

Have to have a read when I get home, no results for tomato or throw. Disappointing. Seems like it's very dry with not going into any detail of what he actually did.

Screenshot_20230421_120015_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Reactions: 1
Not really related, but this reminds me that someone on twitter said a while ago that civil servants at one of his departments had a long running game to get as many extra 'a's into his name as possible in official documents. It got to something like Raaaaab, apparently 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Raab writing for the Telegraph
Sorry really does seem to be the hardest word to say in British Politics. It's pathetic. What kind of bleeping example do they think they are setting? Sorry, I shouldn't have said 'bleeping'. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6
Sorry really does seem to be the hardest word to say in British Politics. It's pathetic. What kind of bleeping example do they think they are setting? Sorry, I shouldn't have said 'bleeping'. :ROFLMAO:
it also shows how out of touch Su snake is with his sorry to see you go letter! as the old saying goes Birds of a Feather stick together!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.