UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Labour MP doing the rounds today saying the Tories have caused interest rates to rise and not controlled inflation.

🤦‍♀️

The whole problem is they've been artificially held low for so long, UK rates are rising slower than other places. But rates are rising everywhere . Labour complained when support was reduced, but all this printed money has generated inflation and they called for more. They're going to be just as incompetent and must think people are really stupid.

Reactions: 4
I'll take incompetent over incompetent, corrupt and vindictive

Reactions: 10
To be fair given all the key promises made for recent elections and referendums the electorate have proved themselves stupid.

Is it being reported what is happening in NI in the rest of the UK? We have masked men roaming the streets in daylight now and schools in that area have been locked down? Thank you Brexit (y)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I come here for news so I wouldn't know lol
I do hear the radio news bulletins if I have the radio on and noticed there'll be news on it from America but you never hear of any Irish news :unsure:

Reactions: 1
I don't think we've had anything. The last thing I remember was talk of the threat level going up.
There's a UDA feud, been rattling on for a few weeks but got serious headlines over the last week.
Drug related. But this outfit are the stakeholders the DUP refer to. I would need to make a Venn diagram to show you how connected to the political situation this is 😂 its unreal. Thing is nobody talks about anything of this nature unless it via a republican angle. People here are bemused that the terror level has been raised because of the threat of republican violence.

Reactions: 1
Has Suella been possessed by the spirit of Tommy Robinson?

if she focuses on British Pakistani criminals then will all the others slip through the net?

what purpose does her saying this serve? Except to cause division?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Err….that’s EXACTLY the purpose!
I know and it's sad. This was said as she announced a new law for reporting sexual abuse.

She could have said "we're going to protect children more" or something like that, rather than single people out and fuel hateful narratives.

And what about little boys or children of other races? Are they not victims too?

It's getting tiresome how the government can't announce a single policy without being hateful and divisive in the process.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.