UK Politics #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are people really worried or thinking about the "migrant crisis" right now?

I'm going to put my neck on the line and say energy bills, inflation and strikes are more important.

In the few weeks the word "migrant" hasn't been splashed all over headlines, you'd think it was "crisis" over because no one is talking about it. Funny that.

Reactions: 8
Are people really worried or thinking about the "migrant crisis" right now?

I'm going to put my neck on the line and say energy bills, inflation and strikes are more important.

In the few weeks the word "migrant" hasn't been splashed all over headlines, you'd think it was "crisis" over because no one is talking about it. Funny that.
Oh absolutely. But chucking in some casual racism ( and thousands of ridiculous articles about Harry and Meghan) is a timely distraction from having to talk about the energy crisis, the cost of living crisis and the utter ineptitude of the government,

Horrendous. It's freezing. Those poor people.
I don't know what the answer is to this. How on earth do you stop people getting in a boat and into the water? It's impossible to police. The numbers required to police and patrol the beaches would be impracticable.

Reactions: 3
There's news coming in a migrant boat capsizing in the Channel.

God how absolutely terrible. Those poor, poor people.
I can’t get my head around the desperation and the bravery to even be contemplating that journey at the best of times, but doing it at this time of year is just unimaginable.

Reactions: 7
Someone in the facebook comments to an article commenting on it going why cant they stay where they're safe and warm I couldn't even be arsed to agure with thick twats like that its obviously not safe if they're trying to come here in a cold snap 🤦

• Wow
  • Angry
It's the bastards offering them passage and a better life/safety. duck those people!

Reactions: 9
I don't know what the answer is to this. How on earth do you stop people getting in a boat and into the water? It's impossible to police. The numbers required to police and patrol the beaches would be impracticable.
Create a way for people to claim asylum in the UK from elsewhere would be one way to cut down on these numbers.

Reactions: 11
Surely the governments both side of the channel should do more to prevent this. Where is the intelligence? Arrest the people smugglers.

Reactions: 5
Surely the governments both side of the channel should do more to prevent this. Where is the intelligence? Arrest the people smugglers.
That’s what these new measures are ( supposedly) going to tackle.
Do you remember the Romanian people traffickers that used to drive women and children from the ROI to the north daily to beg on the streets from morning till night , toddlers and kids as old as 10/11 stuffed into carry cots and plied with vodka so they didn't wake up , it's a terrible existence for them at least the police and courts put a stop to it in our town but god only knows what became of those people then .

Reactions: 2
That’s what these new measures are ( supposedly) going to tackle.
Do you remember the Romanian people traffickers that used to drive women and children from the ROI to the north daily to beg on the streets from morning till night , toddlers and kids as old as 10/11 stuffed into carry cots and plied with vodka so they didn't wake up , it's a terrible existence for them at least the police and courts put a stop to it in our town but god only knows what became of those people then .
Jeepers Monga, no way :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Blimey. An MP admitting he was wrong.
( Albeit an MP who crossed the floor from Tory to Labour )

“Speaking in a Westminster Hall debate on asylum seeker employment and the cost of living crisis he has sponsored on Wednesday, Wakeford will say: “I want to go on record and say what I said 18 months ago was wrong and I am sorry for saying it.

“Every week, government uses scapegoats and as we continue to see even yesterday, asylum seekers have been one for this government for far too long. I am sorry for playing into that narrative. These people aren’t arbitrary numbers for newspaper editors to froth at the mouth about and stoke the fire of intolerance.

“They are human beings who have hopes and dreams, for them and their children, they want a good education, to live life without fear of persecution.”

Reactions: 5
Someone in the facebook comments to an article commenting on it going why cant they stay where they're safe and warm I couldn't even be arsed to agure with thick twats like that its obviously not safe if they're trying to come here in a cold snap 🤦
They are safe in France but they are fed lies and unrealistic promises made. They are also forced onto the boats by the traffickers by saying if you don't go now you've missed your chance. These people have paid thousands. Some even pay for a 'premium' service. They do as they're told.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Blimey. An MP admitting he was wrong.
( Albeit an MP who crossed the floor from Tory to Labour )

“Speaking in a Westminster Hall debate on asylum seeker employment and the cost of living crisis he has sponsored on Wednesday, Wakeford will say: “I want to go on record and say what I said 18 months ago was wrong and I am sorry for saying it.

“Every week, government uses scapegoats and as we continue to see even yesterday, asylum seekers have been one for this government for far too long. I am sorry for playing into that narrative. These people aren’t arbitrary numbers for newspaper editors to froth at the mouth about and stoke the fire of intolerance.

“They are human beings who have hopes and dreams, for them and their children, they want a good education, to live life without fear of persecution.”
I don't underestimate the power of confirmation bias or receiving your information from a bubble but it actually scares me that a grown man, who's made enough career moves to become MP and make decisions on the behalf of the public, couldn't see that the narrative around migrants is hugely exaggerated and biased.

Gives me even less hope for the opinion of the voting public if even someone on the inside is oblivious to the tricks of the system and his colleagues.

It's incredibly sad what's happened to those migrants and I'm surprised that with the conditions and risk, it doesn't happen more frequently. Not that I wish it to. Or maybe we just don't hear about it.

Anyone who believes someone would put their lives in danger just because England/the UK seems like a slight improvement on their current situation needs a wakeup call. I bet many of these people would want nothing more but to stay in their home countries, and they definitely wouldn't choose a small boat if they did wish to migrate but clearly their desperation makes them believe coming here by this dangerous route is better,

Reactions: 6
I don't underestimate the power of confirmation bias or receiving your information from a bubble but it actually scares me that a grown man, who's made enough career moves to become MP and make decisions on the behalf of the public, couldn't see that the narrative around migrants is hugely exaggerated and biased.
Dreadful fella, the epitome of 'self-serving'. No wonder he changed sides ... the writing is on the red wall so to speak. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
During the pandemic Clipper Logistics was awarded a contract (without the bother of tendering) for the supply of PPE. The owner of Clipper Logistics is Steve Parkin who has donated more than £700k to the Tories. Now Clipper Logistics have been awarded a £4.5 million contract to get rid of all the unusable PPE that the government bought.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4

The government will scare people into voting to protect the rights of British workers, then turn around and employ people from overseas (taking advantage of the stronger UK currency which enables low wages), all while wondering why people would dare to come here as "economic migrants".

For literal centuries, the UK has relied on foreigners in one way or another yet the ruling class has never stopped feeding us the lie that non Brits are the enemy.

Don't teachers in the UK complain about poor pay? Why not sort that out before poaching teachers from developing countries?

PS as some of you may know (and are probably bored of me saying) I'm of African heritage myself but I'm just pointing out how people like me are both demonised but also heavily relied on to fill the gaps in British society.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.