UK Politics #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bearing in mind the ( unbelievable ) number of women the revolting specimen manages to juggle, keeping his options open seems par for the course.
I can’t believe he’s run out of thick Americans willing to pay to listen to his nonsense and I’m even more surprised he’s even considering standing at the next election - unless the Tories are going to parachute him into an unloseable seat, if such a thing will exist by then.
what happened to the investigation into Boris that was supposed to take place?

Reactions: 2
Thing is, he could probably make more money writing tit books about Churchill and appearing on TV than he'd make as PM, so it's obviously not 100% about that.
He can still do that whilst being a backbench MP though I suppose. I doubt he's ever been about serving his constants and holding surgeries. This way he gets to keep a foot in the door so he must think he stands a chance of getting the top job back again.

• Sick
Thing is, he could probably make more money writing tit books about Churchill and appearing on TV than he'd make as PM, so it's obviously not 100% about that.
Right. We can't underestimate the hunger for power.

Reactions: 1
Are any of those leaving in safe seats? Surely Boris will move to one of those rather than try his luck in Uxbridge which is looking precarious.

Am I alone in not being fully convinced we should get rid of the house of lords? I'm open to some reform - maybe it shouldn't be lifelong, maybe there should be limits to how many peerages each PM/political party can give, and maybe it should be offered to more people who do community based work.

I dunno, I've just seen HoL amend some laws for the better. Despite most of them seeming to be out of touch with the average person on appearances, the lack of political affiliation or motivation sometimes helps.

Am I alone in not being fully convinced we should get rid of the house of lords? I'm open to some reform - maybe it shouldn't be lifelong, maybe there should be limits to how many peerages each PM/political party can give, and maybe it should be offered to more people who do community based work.

I dunno, I've just seen HoL amend some laws for the better. Despite most of them seeming to be out of touch with the average person on appearances, the lack of political affiliation or motivation sometimes helps.
I am in favour of the principle of an appointed second chamber. There are\have been a number of experts who would not wish to be involved in party politics that became peers such as Brian Rix, Leonard Cheshire, Ron Deering, David Ramsbotham, etc. who have given their knowledge to other peers in debates to bring genuine and better changes to legislation. Unfortunately, all PMs have given peerages to party hacks, party donors, their mates, etc. which has made it totally unrepresentative.

Reactions: 6
EF212B6C-7F9D-44D6-BF21-C5FBE5AF38A0.jpeg

Taking time out to clear her name 😂
She lobbied on behalf of her husband’s newly set up company - WRONG
Won a huge contract - WRONG
Eventually 29 million found its way to her bank account via her husbands - WRONG

let’s sit back and watch her clear her name 🍿

Reactions: 6
‘The government is not expected to oppose a bid by Labour to force the release of documents relating to a £200m contract with PPE Medpro. Mone has previously denied having any relationship to the company.
A vote will be held on Tuesday afternoon about whether to publish the papers and give them to the public accounts committee and looks set to pass, given the instructions from Tory whips to MPs not to oppose it.’

Im glad they’re throwing her under the bus 🚌 I also want her/husband to pay back every penny for the unusable PPE.

View attachment 1786276
Taking time out to clear her name 😂
She lobbied on behalf of her husband’s newly set up company - WRONG
Won a huge contract - WRONG
Eventually 29 million found its way to her bank account via her husbands - WRONG

let’s sit back and watch her clear her name 🍿
Judging by some of the reports I’ve seen she’s “liquidating her assets” and preparing to get the hell out of here.

She’s also apparently trying to sell her £10 million yacht. 🙄

I find it slightly fishy that of all the people clearly on the take during the pandemic one of the very few working-class peers has been singled out. Not saying she's not guilty ... but you have to wonder don't you. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.