UK Politics #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Matt's done with politics ... He won't be standing in the next election.

🙄 God, he really, REALLY wants to be a zeleb doesn’t he?
I dread to think what his new ways to communicate with people of all ages could be. He’s not going to try and shag them as well is he?

Reactions: 4
🙄 God, he really, REALLY wants to be a zeleb doesn’t he?
I dread to think what his new ways to communicate with people of all ages could be. He’s not going to try and shag them as well is he?
I think he's mistaken his relative success on IMAC for being popular. That or he's been offered some super lucrative job with a private company.

Reactions: 3
Matt's done with politics ... He won't be standing in the next election.

The amount of times he uses the word honour. He has a VERY strange idea of what is honourable. Shameful little man, an emblem of all that's wrong with modern day British politics.

Reactions: 4
Lol so Matt used his celebrity as a disgraced MP to go on a reality show, collect £400k, pretended it was for noble career-related reasons then ditched said career.

Gotta laugh!

Reactions: 6
The review of his 'Covid Diaries' in the New Statesman makes him sound genuinely delusional rather than irresponsible. I didn't realise until now they aren't actual diaries - he explains in the introduction he didn't have time to keep a diary at the time, so these are notes, emails and memos translated into a basically fictional diary format, complete with lots of vindicating and prescient thoughts he definitely did have at time.

I genuinely think he's retreated from reality rather than face the extent of the responsibility he was under and how he failed it.

Reactions: 2
noticed the letter says he won't be standing for the conservatives at the next election, but not explicitly that he won't be standing at all ...

I heard Piers Moron joke that Matt has 84,000 reasons not to quit right now. I'm sure his salary isn't that high as an MP, but I take the point. And of course there would be a by-election which the Tories would lose. He's apparently going on an SAS reality show, hopefully with live-fire. Has he lost the bleeping plot or something? Some sort of mid-life crisis? The man has no shame ... monetizing notoriety found through a global pandemic when he was health minister and thousands of people needlessly died. I'm not suggesting it's all Mr. Hancock's fault, but bleeping hell ... anyone with a shread of decency would keep their head down. Oh and then there's the diary. I hope he gets ABSOLUTELY BATTERED in the enquiry. Oh I forgot ... he also broke the rules during lockdown whilst cheating on his wife, charming. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
I heard Piers Moron joke that Matt has 84,000 reasons not to quit right now. I'm sure his salary isn't that high as an MP, but I take the point. And of course there would be a by-election which the Tories would lose. He's apparently going on an SAS reality show, hopefully with live-fire. Has he lost the bleeping plot or something? Some sort of mid-life crisis? The man has no shame ... monetizing notoriety found through a global pandemic when he was health minister and thousands of people needlessly died. I'm not suggesting it's all Mr. Hancock's fault, but bleeping hell ... anyone with a shread of decency would keep their head down. Oh and then there's the diary. I hope he gets ABSOLUTELY BATTERED in the enquiry. Oh I forgot ... he also broke the rules during lockdown whilst cheating on his wife, charming. :rolleyes:
What really pissed me off about Hancocks behaviour was that he led the charge into having Professor Neil Ferguson (the government virology adviser) resignation after woman he was said to be in a relationship with visited his home in lockdown.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said it was "extraordinary" and that he "took the right decision to resign".
He told Sky News that it was "just not possible" for Prof Ferguson to continue advising the government.
Mr Hancock said the social distancing rules "are there for everyone" and are "deadly serious".

At the same time, he was having it off with someone other than his wife....

Reactions: 9
Professor Ferguson is a well respected virologist and someone they should have been listening to. I think he is unmarried.

Professor Ferguson is a well respected virologist and someone they should have been listening to. I think he is unmarried.
He was knocking off his lover while advising the rest of us to SD :rolleyes: didn't he also vastly over estimate deaths from covid and other health scares .

I guess you could label me as a Left-leaning Liberal Conservative who votes for the Green Party in most elections even though I think nuclear power is a good idea. But the thought of Nigel 'spiv' Farage running does make me chuckle. I read about his upbringing and his mother ... always a good indication of what kind of man a boy will grow up to become. Let's just say: troubled. So I feel bad when I watch this and feel like: Yeah! You tell 'em Nige! Terrible isn't it ... I'm not proud of myself. And no, I didn't vote for Brexit ... I abstained.

Big changes announced on migration , Albanians will be sent home , no more hotels, proof of slavery needed not just suspician , asylum will be processed from the home country /safe country and many more restrictions.

Big changes announced on migration , Albanians will be sent home , no more hotels, proof of slavery needed not just suspician , asylum will be processed from the home country /safe country and many more restrictions.
I'll believe it when I see it

I'll believe it when I see it
Seems they've done a deal with Albania, people will be in place at airports etc along with other measures to speed up applications and deport people asap.

Reactions: 1
They are going to need to recruit a lot of asylum caseworkers. Possibly the worst gov dept to work in???

Richard Madeley and Kate Garraway versus Mick Lynch this morning was comedy gold. What a pair of imbeciles. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.