UK Politics #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been reading the migrant crisis thread and some very valid points are made. No UK citizen can rock up elsewhere and decide to stay, I know its not that and we're talking about asylum seekers but 🤷‍♀️
Have no idea what the solution is though.
What makes this place attractive because personally I can't see it.

Reactions: 1
This is utterly sickening.
Wouldn’t it be more accurate to call the grim, grasping fucker “the current MP for Uxbridge” rather than former PM?

“The former prime minister was paid £754,000 for three speeches in America, India and Portugal last month, according to the latest register of MPs' interests.
It comes on top of ÂŁ276,000 he made from a speech in October.
The records also show he and his family have continued to receive accommodation from Tory donor Lord Bamford.
Mr Johnson registered a further ÂŁ3,500 in accommodation from the JCB boss and his wife Carole for November and December.
That was in addition to the £37,000 for accommodation he had previously registered from the couple since leaving office in September.”

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
This is utterly sickening.
Wouldn’t it be more accurate to call the grim, grasping fucker “the current MP for Uxbridge” rather than former PM?
He's a horrible piece of work, just like his woman-beating father who strangely still gets gigs on television. I mean, what do you want us to do? That's the world we live in today, awful people do well in life.

Reactions: 5
I listen to right-leaning views and left-leaning views in equal measure, the depressing thing is, I don't think either of those types listen to each other. It's a giant echo-chamber and it's bleeping dangerous.

Reactions: 2
I listen to right-leaning views and left-leaning views in equal measure, the depressing thing is, I don't think either of those types listen to each other. It's a giant echo-chamber and it's bleeping dangerous.
I've listened to and worse still seen the effects of enough 'right-leaning' views over the years to know that they're "bleeping dangerous" without needing to suffer any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sunak at that homeless shelter ( dressed in a heinously expensive cashmere jumper apparently) and pretending to give a tit about poor people was excruciating. It was worse than his appearance at the petrol station pretending to fill up a car ( that he’d “borrowed” from an employee).
Tone deaf, cringeworthy and utterly out of touch.

Reactions: 8
It's Sunak's saving grace that he's relatively absent, reserved and less outspoken than his counterparts because when he does speak, it's usually so awkward!

I don't know if he just defaulted to his networking schmooze mode or what but to ask the man if he'd "been there before" - it's not Nandos! - then to ask if he was a business owner ...

Both questions suggest a severe failure of society if business owners have to eat at homeless centres more than once. But to Sunak, it's just chit chat.

And while the questions are ridiculous, it's even sadder that there will be a fraction of people who actually fit that criteria.

And the fact he says places like that are good. Sure, it is good that the community has stepped up but the issue is places like this are far too common.

Reactions: 9
God this left-wing media versus right-wing media point-scoring is so bleeping triresome. :rolleyes: Just give us the information and we'll take it from there.

I'm not sure I have a massive problem with hiring mates for jobs like that, since it's an inherently political thing and essentially irrelevant to the actual running of the country. It's a fair point though that there is a massive problem with cronyism in the UK (not that other countries have it any better, mind you).

I'm not sure I have a massive problem with hiring mates for jobs like that, since it's an inherently political thing and essentially irrelevant to the actual running of the country. It's a fair point though that there is a massive problem with cronyism in the UK (not that other countries have it any better, mind you).
People who work in the media sector love nothing more than talking about people who work in the media sector. It's such a narcissistic coterie of cunts. I've seen it first-hand. Mostly awful people ... of whatever political stripe you happen to be. I don't think it used to be like that 25 years ago, at least not as bad.

I'm nervous about the NHS. A lot of people's eyes seem to be open to what's happening but I also think a lot of people falsely believe private healthcare is just a swap for what we have now, without realising how different it'll actually be.

Reactions: 11
I'm nervous about the NHS. A lot of people's eyes seem to be open to what's happening but I also think a lot of people falsely believe private healthcare is just a swap for what we have now, without realising how different it'll actually be.
Politicians probably don't have to use the NHS. They probably receive a recommended private doctor no doubt.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.