Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Never seen such a dirty team, absolutely horrible! Agree, I’m proud of Gareth and the lads, they did so well and should be proud of themselves. I think they’ve got a bright future this young team 🥰
I don’t get why Chiellini didn’t get a red card for this
75228EAD-2E60-4668-9204-6B5B6EA173AD.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Gutted for England.
Italy played dirty. They might be winners but they're lifting that Cup with numerous yellow cards under their belt.
We can hold our heads high.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Morty

Rashford, Sako and Sancho are going to get massive amounts of racial abuse like never before. :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

jarv

VIP Member
I cried with Saka. I don't think it was right for him to take that penalty. I'm so so proud of this team, we made it THIS far. Southgate is an incredible leader and this team have worked bloody hard together. I'm so sad it wasn't our time but onwards and upwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Clairer86

VIP Member
The cunts spouting racist abuse are not fans. They are a fucking disgrace. Fickle as fuck, who probably dont even have a clue about football. Bastards

Reactions: 25

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Don’t hate me but I am a bit disappointed in Gareth Southgate’s management during the final to be honest. Bringing players on in the dying seconds just to take a penalty without even giving them a chance to play and get a feel for the game and run off some nerves very rarely works out well. And funnily enough both Rashford and Sancho missed and don’t get me started on poor Saka. Southgate said he made the choice in regards to who take the penalties. The blame lies solely on his shoulders for that. It just wasn’t the game to be taking such silly risks and putting so much unnecessary pressure on players. They should have been brought on much earlier, they were stood waiting at the side lines for ages. Grealish should have been brought on earlier too, Henderson was a pointless sub to make, we just left everything too late and didn’t try to get the ball off of Italy at times.

That’s not to discredit all Southgate’s work during the tournament but I hope he works on his in game decision making before the World Cup because it was so frustrating to see such a shoddy performance at certain points in the game. At one point during the second half we had only 21% possession ffs it’s just ludicrous compared to what those players are capable of and what we have seen them do.

Hopefully we can do the same at the World Cup but this time win it instead❤🤍❤🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Yel

Chatty Member
Does this mean there'll be lots of yellow stickered tiramisu in a few days? Silver linings and all that!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

merryheleen

As an Italian it’s so heartwarming to see that quite a few of you (I guess English!) are glad my country won💛💛💛 thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 20

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Don’t blame anyone it’s just a game at then end of the day, they’re probably feeling shit enough as it is. Getting to the finals was a feat of its own, especially seeming they haven’t gotten to this stage in decades.

Good job to the English squad.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I’m absolutely gutted seeing some of the younger team crying broke me. So incredible what they have achieved this year and the normality is has come with after such an awful year has been just what I feel so many of us needed. Hopefully we can keep the sprits up for the World Cup next year and come back stronger 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 19