Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hope96

VIP Member
I'm genuinely disgusted by the racist memes that are circulating around on Twitter by the English. It's all good when England win but when they don't people think it's ok to be absolute scumbags? Gracious losers.... I think not.

Reactions: 15

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Not sure why the younger lads were brought on for penalties? Rather than Sterling, Maguire. But hey ho.

Reactions: 15

Hope96

VIP Member
People are using slavery as a joke on Twitter... Wow. I'm done for the night. Scumbags.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

monga

VIP Member
Practically our whole town is down at the local Italian congratulating them :LOL: a cavalcade of cars and all 😂

• Heart

jarv

VIP Member
The England team have made it quite clear that they don't want or need the racist fans.

I said earlier that I stand behind Southgate and I still do but I really have to question allowing Saka to take that penalty. Like it has been said, saka is an adult and if he volunteered to do it then he did. But ultimately Southgate is there to lead and I would have thought he'd have some insight into how grueling penalties can be especially when they don't go your way. Just very questionable decision making at a crucial moment.

emerald

VIP Member
I find it really depressing the players and managers display some really heartwarming sportsmanship, like shaking hands and hugging before penalties as one example, and some fans go and behave the way they do. Disgusting.

Reactions: 13

Skyeball

Chatty Member
Devastated kid gone to bed in tears. 😪
Just tried to ease the blow with, World Cup next year chicken, don't give up!

• Sad
  • Heart

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Mr B remarked earlier that London would burn regardless of the result. Really hope he's wrong 😔

May everyone get home safely from tonight's match.

• Sad
  • Heart

jarv

VIP Member
I’d agree with that, maybe Saka put himself forward but I guess ultimately it would’ve been GS’s call. Poor guy was in tears afterwards, I felt really sorry for him. Was surprised that Sterling didn’t take one after the form he’s been in? Then again maybe he was carrying an injury from that dive against Denmark 🤪 (I’m joking 🙈😂)
Saka crying made me cry. Admire his courage to get up there. Unlike the cowards abusing him on social media!

• Heart
  • Sad

TriviaNewtonJohn

VIP Member
I'm so ashamed of a lot of the fans. They didn't deserve the team to win.

As for the substitutes - could they have been brought on cos nobody else wanted to take penalties?

And go Pickford!

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Why did they take the medals off? I thought that was a bit childish.
It's rare that the losing team don't do that in knockout football finals these days. Guess they don't want to be reminded of the rawness of their defeat at this moment, but I suppose they may learn to treasure the medal in time..

Anyway, onwards and upwards...Olympics next week. Plenty of great sport to watch and hot athletes (male and female) to ogle :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12