UEFA EURO 2021 #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey folk, just want to add that as a Scottish lass I was cheering you all on. Disappointed you didn't win. I'm Scottish & British & proud to be both. When push comes to shove we are in it together. Boys did well and Prince George 😍😍😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why do we like any sport? Rugby is just big blokes tackling each other and trying to snatch an egg shaped ball and kick it really high, running is just people walking faster than normal, skateboarding is just standing on a wooden plank with wheels on. Etc etc. We all know sports is much more than that in reality. I find these kind of people who dismiss and belittle the things people enjoy in life to be really boring themselves tbh. Bet they’re fun to watch the Olympics with!

I cried a bit when England lost. Came from nowhere. 10 mins and I got it out of my system though😂
I've no idea. My favourite sports are MMA and boxing. There's arguably more respect in that sport than football, even among the fans tbh. These are sports where the competitors are trying to knock each other out and cause physical harm to one another too. Many people would call those sports barbaric, but fighting has been going on for thousands of years.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey folk, just want to add that as a Scottish lass I was cheering you all on. Disappointed you didn't win. I'm Scottish & British & proud to be both. When push comes to shove we are in it together. Boys did well and Prince George 😍😍😍😍😍
yes girl!! Thank you ❤

Reactions: 1
This. All of this. Proud Brit

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've no idea. My favourite sports are MMA and boxing. There's arguably more respect in that sport than football, even among the fans tbh. These are sports where the competitors are trying to knock each other out and cause physical harm to one another too. Many people would call those sports barbaric, but fighting has been going on for thousands of years.
What about McGregors broken ankle 😬

The Irish wouldn’t rub it in but 🤭
779A9D6A-A167-4487-9EF1-DD828D69BA7C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
The England team have made it quite clear that they don't want or need the racist fans.

I said earlier that I stand behind Southgate and I still do but I really have to question allowing Saka to take that penalty. Like it has been said, saka is an adult and if he volunteered to do it then he did. But ultimately Southgate is there to lead and I would have thought he'd have some insight into how grueling penalties can be especially when they don't go your way. Just very questionable decision making at a crucial moment.

Reactions: 14
The England team have made it quite clear that they don't want or need the racist fans.

I said earlier that I stand behind Southgate and I still do but I really have to question allowing Saka to take that penalty. Like it has been said, saka is an adult and if he volunteered to do it then he did. But ultimately Southgate is there to lead and I would have thought he'd have some insight into how grueling penalties can be especially when they don't go your way. Just very questionable decision making at a crucial moment.
It can make or break you .Think what he stood to gain if he had of hit the back of the net 🤩 maybe that came into play 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
It can make or break you .Think what he stood to gain if he had of hit the back of the net 🤩 maybe that came into play 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah absolutely, it was a risk and if it had paid off my god that kid would have been a hero. It's just such a big weight to carry when you're inexperienced. I'm not disappointed or anything like that I just wonder if it was the right call from Southgate

Reactions: 5
O well never thought they’d beat the Italians surprised it went to penalties but still disappointing. I’m working so only missed the extra time but saw the penalties. Not too long until club footballs back which I care about more and I find more nerve wrecking.

Reactions: 1

I’d agree with that, maybe Saka put himself forward but I guess ultimately it would’ve been GS’s call. Poor guy was in tears afterwards, I felt really sorry for him. Was surprised that Sterling didn’t take one after the form he’s been in? Then again maybe he was carrying an injury from that dive against Denmark 🤪 (I’m joking 🙈😂)

Reactions: 4
The comments some of the players are getting are so disgusting they do not deserve the hate

Reactions: 7
I’d agree with that, maybe Saka put himself forward but I guess ultimately it would’ve been GS’s call. Poor guy was in tears afterwards, I felt really sorry for him. Was surprised that Sterling didn’t take one after the form he’s been in? Then again maybe he was carrying an injury from that dive against Denmark 🤪 (I’m joking 🙈😂)
Saka crying made me cry. Admire his courage to get up there. Unlike the cowards abusing him on social media!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Look at the age of the bully boys I hope you that footage is used to snare the bastards

Reactions: 6
Never let a city player take a penalty!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Don’t hate me but I am a bit disappointed in Gareth Southgate’s management during the final to be honest. Bringing players on in the dying seconds just to take a penalty without even giving them a chance to play and get a feel for the game and run off some nerves very rarely works out well. And funnily enough both Rashford and Sancho missed and don’t get me started on poor Saka. Southgate said he made the choice in regards to who take the penalties. The blame lies solely on his shoulders for that. It just wasn’t the game to be taking such silly risks and putting so much unnecessary pressure on players. They should have been brought on much earlier, they were stood waiting at the side lines for ages. Grealish should have been brought on earlier too, Henderson was a pointless sub to make, we just left everything too late and didn’t try to get the ball off of Italy at times.

That’s not to discredit all Southgate’s work during the tournament but I hope he works on his in game decision making before the World Cup because it was so frustrating to see such a shoddy performance at certain points in the game. At one point during the second half we had only 21% possession ffs it’s just ludicrous compared to what those players are capable of and what we have seen them do.

Hopefully we can do the same at the World Cup but this time win it instead❤🤍❤🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's one thing to practice penalties and the order in training but it's a much different atmosphere during the game. It was a big ask for these younger players given the circumstances and so much weight being placed on potentially winning. Saka was called upon after two straight misses by players with much more international experience than him. I admire his courage to stick to the plan and step up.

Reactions: 7