Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Someone take me away in handcuffs. I just rechecked my tests from this morning and there are faint lines. I know, they’re probably evaporation lines. But Jesus take the wheel

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I’m 7DPO (I think my ovulation day changed? I honestly can’t keep up with NC), I’m itching to test guys I don’t know how I’ll manage another 3 days. Feeling some twinge like pain in my lower stomach 😭 I wish women just had a “pregnancy on” toggle

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
If anyone is interested, I’ve also been tracking my resting heart rate. Similar to temperature, if successful you typically see a dip around implantation and then it rising quite sharply in early preg. I had this during my last pregnancy and am seeing it again now. Just an interesting metric. I have an Apple Watch which tracks it.

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Nah the worst thing is when you’re in an argument and not talking but it’s your fertile window, reminds me of that scene in friends where Monica and Chandler are fighting but have sex during ovulation with “no kissing” 🤣🤣
Weirdly my husband gets spurred on by knowing he has 3-4 days to perform and has to regardless of feeling too full/tired/stressed 😂😂 it’s been great, he’s a real trooper lol

• Heart
  • Haha

ASAnigel

VIP Member
No AF this morning, must admit I was starting to get my hopes up again but no 😞
Just going to wallow in self pity and be annoyed at myself for getting excited today!

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Feel like my period is about to arrive 🙁 every month that goes by it gets harder and harder to accept that it still hasn’t happened 💔

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Thank you, I really appreciate the perspective so much! I sort of love and hate my job all at the same time. The interview will be good experience. I had an interview lined up this time last year but pulled out of the interview because I just felt so out of my depth. I regret doing that in a way, but I didn’t even have the wherewithal to prepare for the interview, I was ill at the time too. But yeah, better to regret doing than not doing!
I would agree, I’m learning it’s best not to put things off “in case”. If you do fall pregnant you’ll be able to work it all out. I’m forcing myself to practice what I preach - we are planning our wedding for next summer and I’d chosen then as I’d assumed I’d have a baby by then and the baby could be 6-12 months and joining in the party 😂 I’m hesitating starting wedding planning. But I can’t put my life off until this happens for us.

• Heart

Elisha97

Chatty Member
BBT is simple when you don’t have the bladder of an absolute pea 🤣🤣 I’ve been through my struggles with BBT on here before.
I sometimes punch mine off the bedside table whilst half asleep and get it stuck down the side of the bed and then get a raised temp because I’m trying desperately to find/ grab it without moving much 😂

Attachments

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Ladies I need advice, I feel like I'm losing the plot. AF was due yesterday, and usually I'm almost always on time or at least bits of spotting by day 1 latest. First couple of days for me are usually pretty heavy. Yesterday nothing at all, and today I've just had very small amounts of really dark blood (sorry if tmi!). I did test at the weekend using a clear blue 6 days early test and got the most negative result possible. I'm away at the moment and don't want to mention anything to my partner yet in case I get his hopes up, but has anyone had similar and ended up being pregnant? If there's still no proper AF tomorrow I'll go and buy a test, just a bit tricky with being away and I'm not sure if I can have a drink or not at a pre-planned family lunch tomorrow.
Ignore this everyone, AF has well and truly arrived this morning, horrible cramps and all. Bah.

• Heart
  • Sad

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Not to dismiss your concerns but that’s actually really good going in terms of fertility. I know there’re no guarantees until you’ve got a healthy baby in your arms, being able to conceive isn’t the same as being able to carry etc but take heart from that. Every hurdle you can tick off is a step closer, one less potential intervention needed and so on 🤍

The thing with all the tracking and testing is that we pick up on the chemicals that most people wouldn’t have noticed which makes it all the harder.
Yes of course, it’s a weird thing as everyone including my GP said having been through that is a positive sign. It’s a mindfuck as you don’t want to seem “ungrateful” but in a similar vein there are other things that can be wrong with sperm/egg that we could sort sooner if we know. Basically, I wish everyone could access testing sooner rather than going through 1/2/3 years of mystery. I am a very impatient person too, which doesnt help 😵💫

• Heart

Elisha97

Chatty Member
I’ve been tracking temperature this month and mine is dropping and showing I’m not pregnant even though I’ve tried so hard this month. I’ll still test anyway once it’s time but it’s so disappointing 💔

• Heart

Elisha97

Chatty Member
9 DPO and a BFN when I do tests but my nipples have changed, I have weird pain and I feel sick (which never happened before). I don’t know if my body is playing tricks on me or what to think really. Praying the time passes quickly!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve been using preseed for about 6 months and nothing.. know other people say they’ve been successful with it but definitely not been useful for us! X
We used conceive plus and conceived whilst using. But I’m not sure it actually helps chances of conception - just doesn’t hinder it like normal lubricants do. Everything with TTC feels like a lot of luck/wind blowing in the right direction/stars aligning which is difficult.

pollysunshine22

10dpo and BFN for me along with spotting so waiting for AF to come now. Heading into cycle 20 of TTC, never ever had a BFP. So happy for anyone with a BFP, it's like a miracle, I can't imagine how it must feel!

I thought I was on the NHS waiting list for IVF but they discharged me with unexplained infertility and prescribed Clomid instead because all tests came back normal and I have regular cycles, told me to contact them in 6 months 🤦🏻‍♀️ I'm 38 next year so running out of time. Might have to try IVF privately 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

carblife

Was speaking to my friend who tried for about a year and is now due in two weeks. She said she actually fell pregnant after DTD just after her period had ended and not whilst she was ovulating. Some months I feel like I focus so much on ovulation days and forget the other days 🤣 but then I don’t want to overthink it. Why is it so hard

• Heart

Ciaranicola

Thanks so much for all the helpful advice. Had a chat with my partner over dinner. It was very practical and matter of fact...he was really open and happy to move on to the next stage of our life and try for a baby!

Re:timelines he suggested my 35th birthday but when I hesitated at that and suggested maybe loosely trying between after Christmas and 35th he was very agreeable to that too.

I'm thrilled...and now obviously anxious at the thoughts of it all. Thanks for the suggestion around getting to know my cycle. I'm quite aware of cervical mucus changes but think I'll monitor my temperature.

Just questions about where to start I guess...

I take folic acid and VIT d.....should my partner take supplements too?

Re: my PCOS or just in general should I book an appointment with my gp to discuss the process or is that not needed?

Any apps or podcast recommendations really appreciated too 🙂

• Heart

ASAnigel

VIP Member
I’d counted myself out anyway but I’m officially out this month.
that bitch AF was just playing with me so showed up late with a vengeance - we’re both disappointed but can’t wait to ignore my own best intentions and overthink everything again in 4 weeks 🫠

• Heart