TTC #9 Your worth is not determined by your fertility

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Credit to @Elisha97 for the thread title.

Sending baby dust to you all! xx
Thank you! Just joining this thread, hi everyone! Thought I’d been quite active on here and I’ve been reading everyone’s posts so I better introduce myself a bit..

I’m kind of starting this TTC journey up after a few stark reminders from my consultants that I ‘need’ to start trying seriously now if I do want to be a mum. I’m only mid 20s but I didn’t have periods for a long time. It was suspected I had PCOS/ unnamed hormone issues and I do have endometriosis. In fact, it’s trashed my surrounding organs and I get more and more poorly. They’ve encouraged me to try now, telling me they don’t think I have ‘much longer’ ☹

I’ve avoided it for a long time; acknowledging that I might want to try that is. Every female friend I have has had pregnancies or scares. I’ve been in a long term relationship for 9 years and never had a single scare even though we’ve had unprotected sex quite a bit- it does make me worry. I also worry as my risks are a lot higher. I’ve been having unprotected sex and not avoiding pregnancy for about 7 periods/ cycles now, although there have been occasions before then as well. Absolutely nothing so far.

I’ve pushed these feelings down and told myself that I can look at trying when I’m older, that it’ll just happen etc but I think this is to try and protect myself. I switch off I think to try and avoid any hurt as I’m at that age where people my age are planning babies, lots on their second or more never mind their first. Several of my friends have just had babies and I’ve gone into fussy auntie mode but deep down i’m starting to hurt. Every time I get unwell, which is all the time, people and medical staff automatically ask if I’m pregnant/ test me as they don’t believe me and it’s always a no ☹

I’ve been slowly making my way through the threads the past few days and it’s not good to hear of your struggles, but it’s a comfort to know that I’m not alone in what I feel at least. Sending love and good news to you all 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just following the thread so I get the updates.

cd15 for me and still neg ovulation so hoping it’s peak at the weekend and we have more time to DTD.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
3dpo for me today. I hate the TWW. Fortunately we’re off to NYC tomorrow so that’ll be a lovely distraction and I won’t have the urge to test. 😂 🙄 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
3dpo for me today. I hate the TWW. Fortunately we’re off to NYC tomorrow so that’ll be a lovely distraction and I won’t have the urge to test. 😂 🙄 🙏🏻
Ooo we’re the same DPO!! I’m not going to New York though 😂 that’s probably the best distraction ever, have an amazing time

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can anybody recommend some cheapo pregnancy tests I can bulk buy from Amazon? I ordered some yesterday but cancelled after looking at the reviews and seeing a load of people saying they give false positives and then I couldn’t find any reasonably priced ones where the reviews didn’t say similar things lol

Can anybody recommend some cheapo pregnancy tests I can bulk buy from Amazon? I ordered some yesterday but cancelled after looking at the reviews and seeing a load of people saying they give false positives and then I couldn’t find any reasonably priced ones where the reviews didn’t say similar things lol
I buy the easy@home ovulation tests which come with pregnancy tests as well. I was obsessed with my ‘symptoms’ so bought some of the early ones from Amazon. They probably also have crap reviews, all I can say is there was no false positives when I took a couple of tests! https://amzn.eu/d/aGhdWuV
---
Sorry, 10 probably doesn’t count as bulk!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I buy the easy@home ovulation tests which come with pregnancy tests as well. I was obsessed with my ‘symptoms’ so bought some of the early ones from Amazon. They probably also have crap reviews, all I can say is there was no false positives when I took a couple of tests! https://amzn.eu/d/aGhdWuV
---

Sorry, 10 probably doesn’t count as bulk!
Thank you, have ordered those! 10 is great for that price tbh hahah

The one step ones I used never gave me a false positive in months and months and were actually more accurate in terms of giving a line darker/sooner than more expensive ones. I’m a serial tester too so went through over 100.
When got a positive I did a few more to be sure, then went and got some £1 ones and a clear blue weeks indicator one.
For 13p a pop you can afford to do a few to double check a bfp. I think most people, if they do get a bfp, do a few more over a few days and a more expensive one to confirm.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The one step ones I used never gave me a false positive in months and months and were actually more accurate in terms of giving a line darker/sooner than more expensive ones. I’m a serial tester too so went through over 100.
When got a positive I did a few more to be sure, then went and got some £1 ones and a clear blue weeks indicator one.
For 13p a pop you can afford to do a few to double check a bfp. I think most people, if they do get a bfp, do a few more over a few days and a more expensive one to confirm.
This is exactly what I do!

I’ve used the ones by One Step but my favourite were the easy@home ones as they were a little bigger. I’ve never had false positives from either and got a very very faint positive with easy@home at 10dpo

• Heart
Thanks for all the replies re work! I think I too struggle wondering if the stress is impacting TTC but I figured out how much mat pay / bonus etc I could lose and it’s made me more positive. I think I struggle with the lack of control of TTC, not knowing what plans I can do etc. I think I need to get back into exercising after work or something to try and unwind down

I TESTED AGAIN AND ITS LIGHTER 😂View attachment 2563549
---

I ran out of ovulation tests on the weekend so wasn’t too panicked because ovulation was due this weekend so got some today and now I’m wondering if I’ve already peaked and now it’s over ffs
how diluted was your wee? I’m not sure if there’s officially anything to it but similar happened to me and I found it so frustrating, upon a bit of research I read that it’s best not to drink anything for 2 hours and try and hold your pee for 2-4 hours before testing. If you can I would hold out and test again at 9pm.

I’ve had days where I thought I was close to peak and then it would lighten and the peak would usually come the following evening! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! If you know you’re roughly a day or so away from ovulation though there’s no harm DTD, it’s still within the window!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.