Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sushimama

Chatty Member
Are you guys taking any suplements? I've been taking 400µg of folic acid but I read It starts with the egg and I just ordered some multivitamines and CoQ10. We eat pretty healthy already but I guess there's no harm in adding some vitamins.

Ssshhhhh06

We are likely going to be going for IVF in the new year. Does anyone have advice/experience of NHS vs going private for it? A friend told me she felt that the NHS service she received a few years ago didn't feel like it was adapted or tailored specifically towards her needs on each round they tried and instead it felt it was just 'going through the motions'. Would this be different on private? Any advice much appreciated x

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
First time commenter here but I thought my experience by be useful!

I went to my GP in April and had initial blood tests to check I was ovulating as expected. I was then referred to the fertility clinic and had a phone appointment with the consultant in June, followed by an internal ultrasound and other blood test for AMH testing in August. My partner also had to provide a sample.

I then had a HyCoSy in October, followed by a hysteroscopy the following week.

I was given a follow up appointment to discuss all the results for 7th Dec, but decided to go private and pulled the app forward to a few weeks ago.

Dr concluded 'unexplained infertility' and I have my first information session for IVF tomorrow
Really helpful, thanks for sharing. Do you mind me asking how long you’d been trying for?

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Hello everyone sorry I’ve been lurking for a while! I would love to know more about what your stats looked like so I can have a look at mine as I’ve been tracking it for ages.. how much did it dip during implantation?
Sure, I find it so interesting. First pregnancy I had no idea until I got this alert from Apple (at that point I was 4 weeks pregnant, just). And second pic is now I’m tracking it obsessively 😂 I think the dip highlighted is ovulation and the second dip implantation.. but I could be wrong!

Attachments

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I have a brief follow up call with a nurse from Hertility to talk about my results. It’s a chance for me to ask questions. I don’t even know what I want to ask 🤣 the report was very comprehensive. I suppose I could ask about treatment options? Everything points to PCOS so maybe I should ask about what is next for that in terms of treatment? There’s a bit of a ‘maybe’ over my thyroid, but it’s in normal range, just apparently at the higher end.

What would you ask if you were me? I showed MrDragName my report and he asked some questions and I could answer them all and then he said ‘I don’t know if you have anything left to ask, you seem to have done your mad googling again’ 🤣
Yes I’d just ask for practical treatment options. Have you read It Starts With The Egg? Some amazing info in there

Elisha97

Chatty Member
heyy hope it’s okay if I join💕
I’m 3DPO I have painful boobs and a bit crampy but I think my period is coming 😔 I had very light brown/pink discharge when I wiped, could this be a good sign or just my period coming?
I think it could be!

im in the same boat panicking away at 5 DPO.. I’ve insane mood swings and cravings and I just don’t know if its PMS 🤦‍♀️

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Can somebody please tell me if I’m going crazy, is there a super super super faint line here or am I just convincing myself I’m seeing something? It has been over the 10 minutes so maybe just an evap line?? And I’m still only 9DPO but just couldn’t help myself 😩
IMG_0981.jpeg
IMG_0982.jpeg

User767676

11DPO, I’m gonna try hold on for a couple more days but I feel like I’m going crazy. It’s not looking good though tbh, from everything I’ve read I still really think it’s a chemical x
11 DPO is still super early so try not to worry (easier said than done when it’s all you can think about). Have you got any of the early / more sensitive tests left ? Got my fingers crossed for you x

Do you know what dpo you are?
Not with confidence. I suspect PreMom, where I did BBT when I remembered and log my OPK, is about right at 7-8th November but I never caught a proper ‘high’ on the OPK, and even what was ‘high for me’ wasn’t very stand out. But when I add the BBT that I do have and look at it on the chart function I think it was about there. Have been too early to hcg test but couldn’t resist. Apparently because I like to punish myself??
---
I once made the mistake of turning down prosecco citing nausea to my mother in law, those eyebrows shot up so high they got frostbite 🤣

I’ve found it easier these days to drop in easter eggs ahead of time via text, doing a catch up and mentioning a lovely alcohol you had this week will give the hint not to expect any announcements, but personally I wouldn’t mention actively trying as it opens you up to constant check ins and also unwarranted advice
---

It unfortunately can be normal to have some flux whilst your body gets used to the new normal and settles down. Have you tried tracking your temperature? It might help you to see what’s going on in more detail
I’ve tried to BBT but I’m horrible at remembering so I don’t have full data as sometimes I’ve already leapt out of bed and run off for a wee when I remember, haha. Will try again next cycle!