Top Boy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long are we going to put things under a spoiler?

I don't think I'll ever get over Jason's death in the season before this 😭 I think about it at least once a week

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I really loved this series. I know there were a lot of side plots that were sort of irrelevant but I still enjoyed most of them, it kind of weaves a rich tapestry of how life is in that environment aside from the drug dealing gang scene. The gentrification of such areas, unfair deportation, living in poverty, child neglect etc. The Curtis plot was probably the most irrelevant but my god was it well acted, I actually cried in the taxi scene and felt the absolute sheer terror of Lauryn.

Its funny I think Asher D is actually better looking than Kano, but I find Kano soooo much sexier. His eyes 😍

Reactions: 7
I gasped so loud at the end of this season!!

There has to be some sort of twist?? Jamie is so many peoples favourite character and Dushane had big plans for him 🤔

Anyone notice how it kind of focused on Steff’s friend (that girl, forgot her name) coming round the corner, like why would she be relevant at the moment Jamie was dying/dead?

Roll on season 5! 😬

Reactions: 5
From seeing Micheal post on Instagram who plays Jamie I don’t think he’ll be back for a third season

• Sad
Reactions: 3
How long are we going to put things under a spoiler?

I don't think I'll ever get over Jason's death in the season before this 😭 I think about it at least once a week
Same! Sully and young Jason scenes were my favourites. Him keep checking he had been brushing his teeth 😭

Reactions: 12
Same! Sully and young Jason scenes were my favourites. Him keep checking he had been brushing his teeth 😭
I think this is why I love Sully's character so much, its so multifaceted. On the one hand he's a loose cannon and pretty much a cold blooded murderer, but on the other hand he's a bit of a softie and fatherly. And the sad eyes 😍. Whereas Dushane's character is a bit one-dimensional.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I rewatched the original 2011 topboy at the weekend. so good. anyway did sully do what he did at the end of the new season because he knew Jamie was obviously not loyal to his supposed brother Kit? So he would obviously not be loyal to dushane in the long run. (Dushane chose to kill raikes rather than kill sully like he wanted him to in 2011 topboy)

Yes I think it was pretty obvious that’s why Sully did that. Lack of loyalty to his “brother” so why would he be loyal to DuShane and Sully.

I wonder if the last season will be Sully Vs (more grown up) Stef as there was a long pause of them two looking at each other after the shooting in the hallway.

I would welcome a series showing young sully and dushane in summerhouse as they have obviously been friends for a long time
we know sullys mum was a drug addict - and dushanes mum was a great cook lol but wanted the best for him. could incorporate ra'nell's dad in etc
sorry I am in a total topboy bubble this month haha

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I fully welcome further acting roles from Kano.
Might just be the Sully character but he can certainly act well.

Reactions: 1
I would welcome a series showing young sully and dushane in summerhouse as they have obviously been friends for a long time
we know sullys mum was a drug addict - and dushanes mum was a great cook lol but wanted the best for him. could incorporate ra'nell's dad in etc
sorry I am in a total topboy bubble this month haha
Yes would be so good. Show their school days and how their peers became rivals etc. I can imagine the soundtrack now as well, it would be amazing.

The soundtrack would be amazing!
I wonder if it wouldn’t hit the spot in reality as would be different actors though….

Reactions: 2
Apart from the loyalty angle, Sully would never be able to forgive Jaime or be ‘cool’ with him as all his actions had led sully having to kill his mate and bro.

Reactions: 1
I would welcome the Sully actor in another show where he is the main character, pretty loser type guy, works at a grocery store and is decent but gets made redundant.
He hunts for jobs and finds one as a youth worker but has no experience. As in real life they are desperate for people and can see his potential so he gets the job. He flourishes in supporting the teenagers and helps them when they get into a spot of bother, bad relationships, their parents have issues…. Could tackle modern day slavery, FGM, statutory rape, etc maybe one an episode like Call the Midwife does.

I agree about too many sideline characters. Pebbles was very annoying.
I would've liked Curtis to be in Top Boy but with a different storyline. He was wasted playing such a pointless storyline.

Reactions: 4
Just finished this and usually I would never pick a gang crime drama but me and my boyfriend couldn't agree so said I would give it a go and I absolutely loved it! Gutted about Jamie

I have to confess we made the mistake of not watching summerhouse first 😫 we had heard about it but because it wasn't there with the other series and my boyfriend heard there was some criminal activity from that series with the producer so we thought maybe they can't show it anymore then we found it when it was too late.

Saying that though we are thinking of watching it anyway just out of interest of filling in some blanks of them talking about the past.