Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fashion33

I feel like this is a controversial take but Little Simz is not a good casting for Shelley. She’s a great actress and a great talent but for that role? I don’t buy it.
Agreed! Her and Dushane have no connection at all, I think she’s a good actress and musician but there was no connection to be seen between them. I don’t know if it was intentional but they shared barely any love scenes. The date night they had was more like a brother and sister having dinner together. Also what happened to her daughter this season it’s like she didn’t exist?

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Ktb

VIP Member
I think they’ll kill Sully off you know.

I would prefer that not to happen and for Sully to get a spin off, where he comes to the East Midlands and shacks up with a middle aged lump who’s had a crush on him for best part of 2 decades and they live happily ever after 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 19

varyingborders

VIP Member
THE FINAL SEASON IS COMING IN SEPTEMBER!! Netflix have released a trailer on their Instagram. I cannot WAIT to have Kano back on my screen! 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Sw4

VIP Member
God I love Kano so much. Just had to say it.

I've always thought both Kano and Ashley Walters were almost on par with each other in terms of acting, but I found Ashley quite weak this series. Not sure if it was because Dushane's storyline was really clumsy and I agree his chemistry with Shelley was absolutely non-existent. There was a lawyer in the 2nd series of Top Boy Summerhouse that he had soooooooo much more chemistry with.

It defo wasn't the best series and had lots of holes and pointless bits but I still really enjoyed it and absolutely loved the ending. I agree it's not really important who killed Sully, there's so many people who had the motive. The message is about the inevitable consequences of living that life.

• Heart

veevee04

VIP Member
I think sully was killed by the Irish gang they were big international suppliers like a cartel. No way would they let sully get away with killing senior members. The writers shouldn't have left that out. The rest it made sense the only way out of that life at that level is a coffin or a cell. Its all caused by greed so glad Stefan told Sully he wasnt worth it. Loved Jaq glad she's alive.
I liked how they explored the social issues that drugs cause like the addict and her neglected baby. There was no glorification and the main characters ended up dead as is the usual for that life.

• Heart

goldengyal

I feel like this is a controversial take but Little Simz is not a good casting for Shelley. She’s a great actress and a great talent but for that role? I don’t buy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Warpaint

VIP Member
Watched it all... Major spoilers

Irish thing was well pointless. Took them out after a few episodes. Thought it would be the last big threat or something. The drug/baby plot was odd - she died so suddenly. A few tears, broken bones and that was that. I like Jac but think she featured a little too heavily. Dushane killed by Sully, Sully killed by the Brother of the guy he killed... I think the ending message is the cycle just continues and everyone is replicable.

Reactions: 13

TheDuchessx

Chatty Member
How long are we going to put things under a spoiler?

I don't think I'll ever get over Jason's death in the season before this 😭 I think about it at least once a week
Same! Sully and young Jason scenes were my favourites. Him keep checking he had been brushing his teeth 😭

Reactions: 12

SunshineRae

VIP Member
I’ve only just got round to watching S3 because I decided to do a rewatch of 1 and 2 first (because I forget everything) and luckily managed to avoid all spoilers. So pleased because that ending was shocking! When they said this was the final season, they really meant it eh? Absolutely no coming back from this lol.
Unless maybe a Top Girl. And on that note…Jaq makes me question my sexuality 😍

I was convinced this season was going to be a battle with a Scouse gang taking revenge for Curtis. Then I thought the Irish were going to be linked with Lizzie. I loved it but did feel it was rushed.

Reactions: 11

Ktb

VIP Member
Jaq was utterly brilliant this series, her character is just 👏🏻👏🏻
The ending didn’t surprise me (the actor is going on to bigger and better things) Sully 😍 I thought he was going to find love you know, his character has me in all the feels. Kano is just excellent in the role.
The Shelly storyline wasn’t something we needed and the scousers just lol the sister was shit although Lauren was brilliant and the scene were she was in the taxi got me.

• Heart

hurricane

B2566644-885B-4AE0-AF71-C4CC7B421210.jpeg
The person who killed Sully didn’t take the drugs, if it was connected to the McGee family sure they would have taken their supply back? I think it was Jaq becuse she wasn’t interested in the drugs anymore so she left if for the police to find body and drugs.

• Wow
  • Heart

Its_Me

VIP Member
Jaq knocked on her door asking for Kieran I think and then ran away when she knew he wasn't there
She has a motive for sure but I don’t think it was her
---
This was one of my fave lines from sully 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Sw4

VIP Member
Same! Sully and young Jason scenes were my favourites. Him keep checking he had been brushing his teeth 😭
I think this is why I love Sully's character so much, its so multifaceted. On the one hand he's a loose cannon and pretty much a cold blooded murderer, but on the other hand he's a bit of a softie and fatherly. And the sad eyes 😍. Whereas Dushane's character is a bit one-dimensional.

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
Might re-watched the first two original channel 4 series to remind myself how good it started off.

• Heart