Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bunnylass

I managed to get one yesterday evening from a local pub (sunday lunch leftovers)
Made for a perfect tea for 2 tonight in a giant yorkshire pudding!
One time though fot one from costa - it was a few prawn sandwiches..not a fan.

Reactions: 1

nycinthesun

I don't live close enough to a place that participates but I love that their IG page has introduced tips on how to use leftover food/ingredients. Yogurt's about to expire? Make pita bread!

• Wow

Notworthy

VIP Member
I got one this evening from a local independent cafe. On the app it was rated as nearly as good as Greggs so I had high hopes and I’m kind of disappointed. Maybe because she was picking bits off the counter and didn’t give me one of the delicious looking raspberry & Nutella croissants 😂
I know that rage. Muffin break gave the couple in front of me 2 of their nutella cromuffins so I was all excited only to get a fucking scone in my bag (plus 4 regular muffins)

Ding

VIP Member
My local Greggs stopped last year too for a few months. I sent a message on the too good to go app to ask why as the the shop was still showing but no bags. They said the store had taken time off from it and was giving the food to charities. Few months later they appeared back on 🤷‍♀️

Lala22

Chatty Member
Anything with salad will not freeze well and be very soggy.
I don’t think egg would freeze well either.
My husbands having the egg roll this evening and I’m going to try freezing the wraps and heating them up. I’ll have the pastrami sandwich for dinner this evening with salad and the breakfast muffin I’ll heat up tomorrow. I’ll report back!

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
I got a costa bag yesterday and all I got was a cheese and tomato sandwich a bacon roll and a a cake. All things I like but I’ve had much better bags from different costas.

they had loads of sandwiches on the till so not sure why it was so stingy.
I had a similar experience here a few weeks ago. Really annoying.

chickhicks86

VIP Member
Is there a way that you can actually read reviews of places rather than just the rating out of 5? I can't see it on the app.

YogaKitty444

I've given up on Costa ones.
Never any sweet things in them and I normally just get 2 or 3 bloody vegan 'cheese' toasties and nothing else!
And they are vile.

Kerrie86

VIP Member
I got the Tim Hortons coffee beans.

Took a gamble and ordered 2 as they were still on the app as I was heading to get the one I ordered.

The coffee is really nice and good value for anyone with a coffee machine or who grinds their own beans.
£3.99 for 1kg.
I got a bag too and it went straight in the freezer for emergency beans!
---
Having a shocker of a day today so Ive talked myself into a Millie’s cookies bag

emm

VIP Member
I ended up deleting the app because it was shite. It probably works well in cities and large towns but in my town the only ones who seemed to put anything on there were Morrisons and Subway, and they used to be taken almost immediately.
I live in London but even where I live has been crap generally. It is good in central areas with lots of offices at the end of thr day in my experience

Goosegamer

I always see them/starbucks/costa but it's ALWAYS the town centre ones which is a mare to get to at the collection time 😫

Has anyone had a budgens bag before?
No but a friend has from the Belsize Park one.

I was disappointed to find that Budgens is owned by Tesco. Found out last year when one was selling Jack's products, which was Tesco's failed attempt at taking on Aldi and Lidl.

I have two greggs in my town and both have had “nothing today” showing for over a week. I wonder if my locals are not doing it anymore. Seems weird they wouldn’t have anything up for so long

Zenchick101

VIP Member
I eat unopened Greek yogurt well over a week after...once it's opened it has to be used within a few days but it's fine otherwise! The duck wrap will def be ok 1-2 days past the date lol
I tend to avoid dairy past the expiration date but I have a sensitive tummy as well.