Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FoxyBingo

VIP Member
I got a really good one yesterday. Anybody want to guess how much all this cost?

2 packs of chocolate eclairs
4 packs of topside of beef
angel slices
beetroot and feta dip
spring onions
2 packs of hotdogs
spinach gnocchi
leeks
seafood poke bowl
2 veg samosas
Chicken kievs
pork loin steaks
yellowfin tuna
roasted aubergine
steak in ale ready meal
2 salmon fillets
4 Sweet chilli jam burgers
beef mince
chicken courgetti
2 chicken breasts
Curry Mayo
Parsley
vine tomatoes
broccoli
green beans
2 lactose free milk
Pesto pasta salad
Pears oranges
Blimey! Where was this from and how much? was this in one bag?

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I'm hoping for a steak one in my next Costa TGTG so interested to know how it is. Think the mac and cheese toasties have been discontinued. I never eat at Costa but if I was hungry I'd pay the full price for one.
Yes the Mexican steak one I’ve left out as it’s the one I want to try most and put the rest in the freezer.

ClaretFairy

VIP Member
Had to stop getting Costa bags as every time I got the dreaded ham & cheese toastie 🤮 and the selection isn’t that good anymore.
I got a costa bag yesterday and all I got was a cheese and tomato sandwich a bacon roll and a a cake. All things I like but I’ve had much better bags from different costas.

they had loads of sandwiches on the till so not sure why it was so stingy.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Got a Starbucks one today. One cheese toastie, a yoghurt and granola pot, a raspberry pastry thing, and a egg mayo sandwich

it was £4

tbh I liked costa a lot more

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
A nearby hotel had a bag of unclaimed ‘goodies’ as did Morrison’s . That was all , I’m far too late for tonight. I will look tomorrow 👀

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
I’ve had the app for ages but there’s never anywhere good on it, mostly the Spar or places in the town centre that are a pain to get to

IngressUK

VIP Member
I think the costa ones are decent! I got one on Sunday which had a chicken salad sandwich, a vegan breakfast sandwich, two mozarella and tomato paninis and a spicy beef and cheese toastie, all for £3
I think a lot of it depends on what they have going out of date. Some days may be better than others.

I know Costa had a phase (not sure if they still do) of selling going out of date cakes and pastries at 50% off, after a certain time.

Justherefortittle

VIP Member
I got the Tim Hortons coffee beans.

Took a gamble and ordered 2 as they were still on the app as I was heading to get the one I ordered.

The coffee is really nice and good value for anyone with a coffee machine or who grinds their own beans.
£3.99 for 1kg.

emm

VIP Member
Does anyone know how 'far' out of date the stuff is allowed to be? Collected one from Morrisons today... they had ran out so made one up... got home and its all full of 'fresh goods' but the expiry dates are from 25th(yesterday) going back to 23rd (three days out of date)...
Not too goo to go, but I tried to buyba discounted thing in the coop today and they wouldn't sell it as it was put of date ( a vegan sandwich out of date from yesterday)

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
We’ve just had a pret open in our town. They’re on toogoodtogo now but the bags are £5! anyone had a pret one ?
i got a pret breakfast one last year - here's my original post :)

i got a pret breakfast bag in london last weekend! two breakfast rolls and a ham and cheese croissant for £3. they asked about diet when i got there and best thing was she took them off the shelf so they were piping hot and of quality that would've been sold that day anyway! it did me for brunch on the saturday and sunday

Kerrie86

VIP Member
I got a Ritazza one today, 4.99, with a value of 12.00. I got a blt sandwich, an egg Mayo sandwich and a pain au chocolat sealed in plastic. Not spectacular.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
Yeah I meant the one you posted.

I can see why you were disappointed, especially as they had all those other cookies left when you got there. I always assumed Millie's baked all their cookies fresh and wouldn't sell stock from the previous day, but now I wonder if they do.

Mind you, the one near me shut down a couple of years ago. I'm not even sure where my nearest one is these days.
Are cookies that are from yesterday really that big a deal? I ask because I used to work in a chocolate store that sold cookies. We were instructed to organize them in a particular way and sell the “oldest” ones first. They always tasted good but I’m wondering if it was normal? The owner had experienced a family tragedy and they were rumored to be letting things slip in their several locations.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I had a reallllly good one from Greggs once, I was buzzing with the cakes haha! Everytime I've tried to get one again though they've sold out within seconds. You have to be really quick for Greggs ones and know when they'll be putting them on the app.