Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
I got a pret bag at lunch today as I was hoping for some soups to freeze and it was a bit awkward. The shop was rammed with customers and they seemed slightly annoyed that I’d turned up. The guy put some stuff in a bag that was near him and was like “is that ok?” Felt like I was begging at the counter!
again for this I would complain
With Pret I always find it odd as they used to donate all their unsold stuff to homeless charities

FoxyBingo

VIP Member
My Greggs the other day wasn’t great, both bags almost exactly the same so I got:
2 cheese and ham baguettes
2 steak bakes
1 corned beef bake
1 cheese and onion bake
4 custard and caramel doughnuts

I don’t eat meat :/ I wonder if next time I should ask if they have any that aren’t completely meat heavy? It’d be nice if there was an option on the app to request a veggie meal bag.
Some greggs will ask you if you want meat or veggie. You might need to ask.

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I’ve got a coop one for tonight. They usually only put two bags on but they had 6 on so I’m hoping it might be a good one.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
I can’t get payment on this app to work. I’ve been going back and forth with the customer support. Has anyone else had a problem with checking out?

Elles20

VIP Member
That's great value.

With Greggs you really have to be ON the app a few minutes before their slot opens and keep refreshing. When you finally manage to reserve a Greggs bag the elation is heady 🤣🤣🤣
Do you know what time the Greggs slots open? I know each one might be different but it's worth a try or gives me a starting point as I always miss it!

DuckDuck

VIP Member
I can’t get payment on this app to work. I’ve been going back and forth with the customer support. Has anyone else had a problem with checking out?
No. However, the saved card doesnt work for me, seems to reject it so have to do it separately, make sure you use the right card , like bank transfer , Mastercard or visa , this seems to be recurring for me
I do have mainly successes though now I figured this to be a problem. I manually input the card information as the stored card , which is the same card I use to pay with seems to hit a glitch

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
It's in Croydon and I reserved it last night knowing I was passing by. Now we have a birthday cake to eat between the two of us 🤣. I'll report back on the taste 😜
They also do a cupcake/cookies bag for £3.59 with a 4.8 rating!
Where in Croydon is this 😮

Kerrie86

VIP Member
I got a greggs one tonight, and was debating cancelling it coz I wasn’t sure I could be bothered going out at 8pm! Checked the app an hour ago and they’ve cancelled it, I can’t bring myself to moan too much!

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
I was disappointed with my first greggs order (mainly as I’m vegetarian). I got a steak bake, sausage bean cheese pasty, donut, crossiant and an egg sandwich which looked like it had been sitting around for days!
Yeah, Greggs isn’t great for non-meat eaters! Last time I got a ham and cheese baguette, two corn beef bakes and a steak bake as well as a cream doughnut.

Kerrie86

VIP Member
Yeah, that’s one of them, but there’s also greene king ones? Both are less than 15 minutes away from me, but the description is ‘expect to receive a selection from fried egg, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns and tomatoes - whatever hasnt sold!’ - which makes me think no vegetarian sausages or anything. I’m curious enough to maybe try it one day!

Kerrie86

VIP Member
I got one this evening from a local independent cafe. On the app it was rated as nearly as good as Greggs so I had high hopes and I’m kind of disappointed. Maybe because she was picking bits off the counter and didn’t give me one of the delicious looking raspberry & Nutella croissants 😂
what did you end up with?