Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mookiegoose

I've reserved a Greggs one to collect this evening. £2.95 so it will be interesting to see what I get. First time I've ever done it.

My usual options for my area are Spar, Co-op and Costa. Might have to try one of these next (if I am ever in time to do it!).

Reactions: 1

Ensay

VIP Member
I just got the app today and my local Greggs has a magic bag, but sadly I can't get to it by the collection time today.

Some of the Greggs ones here look good. :D

abadtroll

Anyone had a Muffin Break bag? Usually sold out when I check but I managed to get one for tomorrow.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Still never managed to get one of these!

The times are just not quite right for me finishing/starting work and the shops are too far away otherwise to make it worthwhile.

• Sad

Kerrie86

VIP Member
That’s made up my mind then (I was torn between Toby carvery - closer but 3.5 stars, or greene king - 4.7 stars)
I’ll go greene king and report back!

KINGAA

VIP Member
I had an M&S bag recently and the items would have cost less with the yellow sticker to buy than the actual bag cost me…. Hahaha

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
Greggs always do the best bags but I had to stop getting them as not good for my diet 😂

Costa were a massive disappointment, I think I only got three sandwiches?

I saw a local pub on it once offering drinks but I was at work so texted my husband to go as he was at work nearby but it had sold out by the time he saw my text and I’ve never seen it on there since 😭

Lala22

Chatty Member
I stumbled across this thread yesterday then downloaded and I am hooked! I got a Starbucks magic bag this evening as I like the idea of having my lunches sorted for the week. Do you know if I could freeze the wraps for the end of the week and if so how do people eat them once they’ve been defrosted. Do they need to be cooked so they aren’t wet and soggy? Also had a brownie in the bag but I ate that 😂

Attachments

aulty

Probably the nationwide sandwiches e-coli scare is stopping people from buying sandwiches yet :ROFLMAO:

Keep close to your toilet :ROFLMAO:
in my defence (and I should've mentioned this in my initial post): I didn't know it was a Wild Bean Cafe bag. The app listed it as a BP (petrol station) bag and it was described as a bag from the supermarket chain (usually decent bags from that chain) attatched to petrol station the WBC was in. It's like a Tesco Express. The description listed dairy products, bakery goods, fruit, veg, deli meats or sweets - the standard supermarket stuff.

Last edited:

Elles20

VIP Member
My local Greggs listing comes out at 18:00 so I checked it and it sold out at 18:01. 😭 It is definitely one person buying them all!

• Sad

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Luckily I always found friends/family/colleagues to palm it off to, the people in my life rarely turn down free food 😂
Have you heard of Olio? It’s a free sharing app and I always see people giving away unwanted food from their magic bags (and general surplus of food), might be worth downloading it so you can pass the items on to someone else and minimise on food waste 😊
That’s such a good idea!! I’ll download it now :)
I wish I used this app sooner 😂

hydeist

Chatty Member
Both of my local Greggs seem to have stopped sellling the TGTG bags, so I took a punt and bought a groceries bag from my local Co-op.
I got rump steak, mini chicken fillets, fresh pasta, apples, fresh chillies and ginger, two ready meals, a baguette, an iceberg lettuce, and cherry tomatoes. All for just over three quid! I've just reserved another one for tomorrow 😁
My local Greggs is also never on it anymore, since Christmas! Though my local Co-op is awful - we've stopped getting bags from there after the last one was just gluten-free bread because it's really expensive so it pushes the value of the bag up.

• Sad

Burrito88

VIP Member
We have a Starbucks locally and it’s usually good for breakfast/lunch the next day with pastries and sandwiches or wraps!

Notworthy

VIP Member
I'm hoping to get an M&S one on Thursday as I'm on lates so pick up time will be perfect. Was sure that there would be a Costa one with the Mac & Cheese toastie today but nada

panda_eyes

VIP Member
Any tips for when the best times are? I only ever seem to see carvery’s for collection at 9pm
Look at when the collection times are, e.g. my favourite place has bags for collection between 1730-1800. I know that the next days bags become available at around 1815. I presume all the other places work like that too? Can anyone else confirm?

Zulkraa

VIP Member
I set my alarm so I know as I’ve got the notifications switched off. When you buy the bag it asks if you’d like to be notified, maybe you accidentally said no?

9F611F01-36E0-491F-A86C-EF3D984D8D33.jpeg

• Heart