Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Reserved a veggie breakfast at Toby carvery for tomorrow. Will let you know what it's like

Reactions: 1

emm

VIP Member
I always wonder about the Pret ones, I remember them saying how they gave all leftover food to homeless shelters, presumably they have stopped this now if they are using Too Good to Go.
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the app on a laptop? I used to have it on my phone but it took up too much space and I had to delete it :(
really want to try the M+S Bp near me!

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I noticed that Heron foods are on the app and got a bag for tonight. I don’t usually gladiolus in there so have no idea what to expect!

I’ve given up on Morrisons bags for now, the last couple have been awful (one was a bag full of rock hard loaves of bread and some brown pineapple) and I noticed the store rating has dropped loads so I’m guessing others have had bad bags too.

Wishwash

Random question but do you all eat the food you collect the same day? Reason I ask is the Gregg's near me is often on the app but I feel like if I got it I'd stuff myself like a pig 🐷 can you freeze the scones/pastries etc? There's only two of us and a toddler so not sure we'd eat it all the same day or next!

emm

VIP Member
I got a really good one yesterday. Anybody want to guess how much all this cost?

2 packs of chocolate eclairs
4 packs of topside of beef
angel slices
beetroot and feta dip
spring onions
2 packs of hotdogs
spinach gnocchi
leeks
seafood poke bowl
2 veg samosas
Chicken kievs
pork loin steaks
yellowfin tuna
roasted aubergine
steak in ale ready meal
2 salmon fillets
4 Sweet chilli jam burgers
beef mince
chicken courgetti
2 chicken breasts
Curry Mayo
Parsley
vine tomatoes
broccoli
green beans
2 lactose free milk
Pesto pasta salad
Pears oranges
where is that from?? mre than my weekly shop

emm

VIP Member
£3!!

Problem is I live on my own so hopefully the rolls will be ok to freeze for weekend breakfasts.
bargain! yeh this is my issue too, rolls like this freeze well in my experience though, especially as they are well sealed

Lala22

Chatty Member
Amazing thankyou! I think it’s a brilliant idea. The only thing I’m a bit 😬 about is that it’s a lot of carb/stodge on the app I wouldn’t normally eat that regularly. Has anyone had any luck with pret as I know they do more soups and salads?

Kerrie86

VIP Member
They’ve just added a load of carvery type breakfast bags near me. All that’s left is the vegetarian ones but I can’t imagine they’d be very good!

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
I've just ordered my first one, I don't know why I am nervous to go and get it 😆 what do you say when you go in? It was £4.34 for something called Doogles Donuts

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
My local Greggs seem to have stopped doing them? The next town over still do them but that’s a drive away rather than a walk. Annoying.

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I always look at the Tim Hortons one but the collection is sooo late! Your bag looks amazing though, so tempting.

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Seen a few Millie's ones on here and can't understand why they are always so broken and crushed! I know they taste the same but it's poor 🤣
Worst thing is they don’t even taste the same 🤣
Mine were so tasteless I am convinced they weren’t from that day at all

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Decathlon has a couple of bags on near me at the moment, out of date sports nutrition… short date, I’m fine with but I feel like out of date sports nutrition is asking for trouble, my stomach is dodgy enough running as it is

• Sad

Misbehaving

VIP Member
😭 I’m so jealous. Cities are the best place to be to use this app for sure! I live in a seaside town and there’s not much apart from Toby carvery or greggs lol
Yeah I am lucky you're right location has a lot to do with it! Mind you lots of places now have decent cafes and they always have a good selection including bread and pastries.
Also you might have a better quality of fruit and veg shops? The ones in London are not much to write home about? That's the one thing I couldn't get for love nor money last time it was mouldy lettuce and fennel and a very ripe papaya which if you have ever smelt one of those :sick: is enough to put you off for life! 😀
So it still might be worth giving it a go plus they are always adding new places.....and increasing their selection...?