Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
Just checked the app and a co-op shop near me is doing a lunchtime "hot food magic bag" for collection 12-12.30. Looks like it is the pasties and sauage rolls etc out of the hot food rack thing. Only £2. Can't get there today otherwise I'd try it.

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Olio is for food waste as well, isn't it? I'm not a regular user but I've given away stuff on there before and it goes to anybody who could make use of it.
Yeah, true - I think round here there are a few people who pick things up from supermarkets to distribute to those in need..it’s mostly advertised through the local foodbank Facebook pages from what I’ve seen.. but yeah, both aimed ultimately at reducing food waste

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I forgot to take a picture but I got a Costa bag the other say from the hospital, if had 6 breakfasts in it but I collected it at 7pm, I was hoping for cake!

emm

VIP Member
The novelty does wear off a bit eventually, doesn’t it?
I got one from costa yesterday when I was passing. It was packaged up already but she made a point of saying she’d put a bit more in. She put a pain au raisin in and two slices of banana bread, and when I got home I also had a porridge pot, a tuna Mayo sandwich and a ham and cheese sandwich. I’d have been a bit disappointed if the lady hadn’t put the extras in!

They’ve also updated the app and you need to manually remove ‘show sold out’ each time. It’s a minor annoyance, but I don’t know why they changed it!
I agree, I don't think kt has reduced food waste that much, clearly shops are still throwing away loads of stuff. And pret used to give their leftovers ro homeless shelters anyway which obvious they now don't

emm

VIP Member
Half loaf ciabatta, chicken roll, a muffin and a scone. It was £3, not bad when you consider they charge £3-£4 per sandwich/cake.
I had the same kind of thing from a local cafe near me, they claimed to make all the sandwiches free but only offered a couple of bags, they locked up as I picked mine up with a counter full of (unpackaged) sandwiches which I assume either will be sold stale or just go in the bin later? Seems so wasteful

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
I’ve got a Tim hortons one on order to pick up at 11pm (!!) but I can’t decide whether to brave the drive thru or not. I usually go in to a shop but rarely get ones from places with a drive thru!
You should deffo brave it for Tim Hortons!!! And please show us what you get!

Ding

VIP Member
Picked up a Greggs bag tonight and it was my worse one yet. Had a sandwich, pasty and muffin. Usually get way more than that.