Too Good To Go App - random bags of discounted food to reduce waste

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone used this app? For a while there were barely any near me offering this service but recently lots more cafes and restaurants have been added. I’m looking forward to trying it when they all open again.

I’ve managed to get a box for Morrison tomorrow and I’m interested to see what’s in it. From videos I’ve watched it’s a bit hit and miss.

Do any of you use it and what do you think?

Edit : my Morrison box sold out as I was paying 😂 well I’ll try again tomorrow.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone used this app? For a while there were barely any near me offering this service but recently lots more cafes and restaurants have been added. I’m looking forward to trying it when they all open again.

I’ve managed to get a box for Morrison tomorrow and I’m interested to see what’s in it. From videos I’ve watched it’s a bit hit and miss.

Do any of you use it and what do you think?

Edit : my Morrison box sold out as I was paying 😂 well I’ll try again tomorrow.
Not in london but my boyfriend used it for a bit, can be worth it, I think he had bought a starbucks bag and gotten like 6 muffins/cakes for 5 euros or something

Yeah I have tried it once. Paid for a Caffè Nero mystery box on the app. Got to Caffè Nero (little one in tow) and they said sorry were sold out 😡 Not great. But was easy to get a refund on the app. Haven’t bothered since.

It’s a load of crap, sorry. Watch people’s reviews on YouTube. Mostly mouldy, out of date food, you’ll get 20 brown lettuce and nothing else

Reactions: 3
It’s a load of crap, sorry. Watch people’s reviews on YouTube. Mostly mouldy, out of date food, you’ll get 20 brown lettuce and nothing else
I assume you’re referring to the Morrison box? There are lots of restaurants and cafes on there too which I’m pretty sure wouldn’t give you moudly food. I think it sounds better to use it for restaurant food. I will say that I’ve watched a few videos and some were great and some were bad. It’s obviously pot luck on what your store has left

Reactions: 2
I assume you’re referring to the Morrison box? There are lots of restaurants and cafes on there too which I’m pretty sure wouldn’t give you moudly food. I think it sounds better to use it for restaurant food. I will say that I’ve watched a few videos and some were great and some were bad. It’s obviously pot luck on what your store has left
Yeah I’ve had a long on there multiple times, everything is always out of stocked

Yes I use it (here in Belgium though) and it’s honestly amazing! On a weekend we will get one from a bakery so we have fresh bread and pastries, in the week we will sometimes get one from a supermarket, the food always has a few days left for expiry and you always get way more than what you spend. Last week I spent €8.98 on two supermarket packets and we received over 90 euros of food. Maybe a different experience on the continent than in the U.K.

Reactions: 6
Share your pics of what you get from the app and chat about it in general.

I'm so tempted to get this
Screenshot_20211019-205058_Too Good To Go.jpg

But instead trying it for the first time to get a lunch bag tomorrow, although I'm hopeful it'll all be cake 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
You did good. The mash is fab and freezable. Happy with it ?
The mash went straight in the freezer and I LOVE this type of OJ. Can also freeze the bread rolls and I'll have all the prawns for dinner tomorrow and take my chances RE date being today lol plus those potatoes will keep a while too!

Reactions: 6
We have a Starbucks locally and it’s usually good for breakfast/lunch the next day with pastries and sandwiches or wraps!

Reactions: 1
Greggs always do the best bags but I had to stop getting them as not good for my diet 😂

Costa were a massive disappointment, I think I only got three sandwiches?

I saw a local pub on it once offering drinks but I was at work so texted my husband to go as he was at work nearby but it had sold out by the time he saw my text and I’ve never seen it on there since 😭

I always see them/starbucks/costa but it's ALWAYS the town centre ones which is a mare to get to at the collection time 😫

Has anyone had a budgens bag before?
No but a friend has from the Belsize Park one.

I was disappointed to find that Budgens is owned by Tesco. Found out last year when one was selling Jack's products, which was Tesco's failed attempt at taking on Aldi and Lidl.

No but a friend has from the Belsize Park one.

I was disappointed to find that Budgens is owned by Tesco. Found out last year when one was selling Jack's products, which was Tesco's failed attempt at taking on Aldi and Lidl.
Oh is it really? I knew One Stop was Tesco owned. The nearest Jack's to me is like 2 hours away so I rarely frequent that one!

The only one I want to try is greggs but there’s never one available 😭

there are quite a lot in my area on the app but they always say “nothing available today”. I check everyday and nothing 😂 I’m not sure why some restaurants bother being on there when they clearly have no left over food. Toby Carvery is the only one that’s ever available on mine