Tom Hiddleston #8 Fifty shades of blue

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Put it this way imagine you're an actor and you're in a scene where it's something that you wouldn't do in public. Male or female you feel vulnerable because you have a set full of people, you want it to be believable and also you're either doing the scene with someone you like and respect or can't stand. Neither are great scenarios. Another reason directors tend not to like partners on set is that their partner may hold back or worse if either party gets too into it then partner gets upset/jealous etc. There's a few accounts on the Social Media site that begins with T where it's talked about and slip ups on set etc.
I never thought about it that way as far as having partners on set but it makes so much sense- unless the partners are the ones performing together. Or in some cases you get the actors who fall for each other while doing the scenes like Kit Harington and Rose Leslie (who I adore).

I think it’s a huge step to have someone like this on set to help minimize discomfort. Earlier in the thread we talked about how having a female designer make Sophia’s costume allowed for empathy and understanding of what she needed. I like to think that an intimacy coordinator could help reverse potentially very harmful environments that have been seen on movie sets more often than we’d like.

ETA: I wonder, this might be a strange question but do they have a person on set to assist with rape or assault scenes- not to make it intimate obviously but to help the actors through it physically and emotionally? I know some actors really suffered having to portray those things- James Marsters who played Spike on Buffy was allegedly devastated by having to attempt to rape her in one scene and was like shaking and crying in the corner after.

I never thought about it that way as far as having partners on set but it makes so much sense- unless the partners are the ones performing together. Or in some cases you get the actors who fall for each other while doing the scenes like Kit Harington and Rose Leslie (who I adore).

I think it’s a huge step to have someone like this on set to help minimize discomfort. Earlier in the thread we talked about how having a female designer make Sophia’s costume allowed for empathy and understanding of what she needed. I like to think that an intimacy coordinator could help reverse potentially very harmful environments that have been seen on movie sets more often than we’d like.

ETA: I wonder, this might be a strange question but do they have a person on set to assist with rape or assault scenes- not to make it intimate obviously but to help the actors through it physically and emotionally? I know some actors really suffered having to portray those things- James Marsters who played Spike on Buffy was allegedly devastated by having to attempt to rape her in one scene and was like shaking and crying in the corner after.
Yes they do, I've worked behind the scenes and helped a trained counsellor on set. Mine was just a fetch and carry role to help out and on smaller productions been a listening ear. James Marsters is lovely, met him a few times (at a comic con I'm still a geek). But if you breakdown the roles say Tom has had and the characters he's played you can see you need to be able to dissociate from that and say that wasn't me that did that (whatever the scene was). Any scene that puts you in a situation you wouldn't contemplate doing in real life has got to be difficult on anyone.

feeling flush? You can bid on an auction to have lunch with Tom,Ben, Eddie and Jamie😁. For a good cause!

and because the link has no picture, here’s a tweet about it

looks like someone is desperate to win it for their wife or girlfriend!! Current bid is over £20000

Reactions: 1
Wow that bidding war!

Been seeing info about the intimacy coordinators from the Bridgerton cast lately too, and they said something about needing 3(?) layers between the 2 parties in an intimate scene for their protection. Glad these types of things are in place for them and it definitely does sound very unsexy on set haha, so kudos to the actors.

For TES for all 6 episodes Sarah McCaffrey is the Mental Health Consultant/Counsellor.

According to imdb profile Sarah McCaffrey is an actor and psychotherapist (MBACP). The founder of Solas Mind - the go-to mental health company in the film and tv industry. Solas Mind provides professional, bespoke, therapeutic support services to production companies, studios, crew, and creative freelancers both remotely or in person. Project consultation services include coaching or counselling support, on-site wellbeing practitioners, mental health risk assessments, wellbeing workshops, Mental Health and Suicide First Aid courses.

Reactions: 3
Yes they do, I've worked behind the scenes and helped a trained counsellor on set. Mine was just a fetch and carry role to help out and on smaller productions been a listening ear. James Marsters is lovely, met him a few times (at a comic con I'm still a geek). But if you breakdown the roles say Tom has had and the characters he's played you can see you need to be able to dissociate from that and say that wasn't me that did that (whatever the scene was). Any scene that puts you in a situation you wouldn't contemplate doing in real life has got to be difficult on anyone.

looks like someone is desperate to win it for their wife or girlfriend!! Current bid is over £20000
Oh I’m so jealous that you met James, I was a HUGE Buffy fan back in the day (still am).

I’m sure filming High Rise and Crimson Peak must have been very weird and upsetting- I mean he’s SPOILERS eating the leg of a dog that he killed himself in one and diddling his sister in another…might need a therapist after that one. But jokes aside I do think it’s so important to have these people on set.

For TES for all 6 episodes Sarah McCaffrey is the Mental Health Consultant/Counsellor.

According to imdb profile Sarah McCaffrey is an actor and psychotherapist (MBACP). The founder of Solas Mind - the go-to mental health company in the film and tv industry. Solas Mind provides professional, bespoke, therapeutic support services to production companies, studios, crew, and creative freelancers both remotely or in person. Project consultation services include coaching or counselling support, on-site wellbeing practitioners, mental health risk assessments, wellbeing workshops, Mental Health and Suicide First Aid courses.
With the way method acting can affect an actor even after they are done filming (Heath Ledger 🥺) it is really reassuring that they are addressing the mental health ramifications from some of these roles.

Oh hey I just saw this on twitter! Gee Tom do you like Nike?

Those are some teensy shorts, my goodness!

/I have a feeling the paps are going to be way more on top of him after the Baftas. Good for us but I feel bad for him.

Do you think he went home to Bluey and reassured it that it’s still his number one clothing item?
I was just about to comment how devastated Bluey must be feeling right now, but you beat me to it @db131 ! 😂

That said, I’m more interested in Tom’s beardless look! Wonder what made him decide to shave 🤔

Edit: Nevermind, upon closer inspection he’s still rocking the stubble 😆 I was thinking he went with clean shaven for once, damn my eyes 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was just about to comment how devastated Bluey must be feeling right now, but you beat me to it @db131 ! 😂

That said, I’m more interested in Tom’s beardless look! Wonder what made him decide to shave 🤔

Edit: Nevermind, upon closer inspection he’s still rocking the stubble 😆 I was thinking he went with clean shaven for once, damn my eyes 💀
It’s for the auction luncheon duhhh 🙄🙄 /jk
Possibly for Loki S2?

I was wondering what looked different about him until you mentioned it 💀 How’d I not notice?

But this photo looks like it belongs from a few years ago or something 😭 I can’t believe London looks so warm?? Canada has programmed my brain into thinking it’s not spring just yet. I guess he’s not big on masks 😶🌫 Or has the mandate in London been lifted for quite a while?

It’s for the auction luncheon duhhh 🙄🙄 /jk
Possibly for Loki S2?

I was wondering what looked different about him until you mentioned it 💀 How’d I not notice?

But this photo looks like it belongs from a few years ago or something 😭 I can’t believe London looks so warm?? Canada has programmed my brain into thinking it’s not spring just yet. I guess he’s not big on masks 😶🌫 Or has the mandate in London been lifted for quite a while?
I think it's too early for Loki but maybe another project?? Or possibly he's getting ready to do promo for TES which would be amazing.

I don't know the deal in London but in New York the mask mandate is basically nonexistent, I know in schools and supermarkets it's optional and no one really wears them outside especially if you're not in a crowd. It's also possible that he wears one when he goes inside but not when he's out in the fresh air and not near anyone. But at least him being out and about and not quarantined means he didn't get covid from the Baftas!

I think it's too early for Loki but maybe another project?? Or possibly he's getting ready to do promo for TES which would be amazing.

I don't know the deal in London but in New York the mask mandate is basically nonexistent, I know in schools and supermarkets it's optional and no one really wears them outside especially if you're not in a crowd. It's also possible that he wears one when he goes inside but not when he's out in the fresh air and not near anyone. But at least him being out and about and not quarantined means he didn't get covid from the Baftas!
The mole man coming out of hiding and needs a refresh? Spring Awakenings! 🤣

Yeah, I’m in Jersey (the new one lol) and the rules are the same here. The mask mandates have gone by the wayside, but people can still wear them if they feel uncomfortable. Most workplaces and businesses are continuing to follow CDC guidance, so if the situation changes we’ll revert back to mask wearing and social distancing.

He was probably out running so he wouldn’t dress too warmly. The he stopped for some fruits and veggies on the way home. The store whose name is on the bag is very near where he lives.

Tight shorts! Tom outside of his cave. Good. After I finally got a chance to check in here again. Not that anybody would notice my absence :D I had a terrible week and I think it just peaks today and tomorrow but after that, it may *finally* get a bit better.

Did you guys notice the news about the German voiceover actor for Tom saying he is working on Marvel movie? It was removed now (poor guy may get some serious talk if not gettin fired entirely). I suspect it is for Doctor Strange 2? It could be a short cameo but I think it sort of confirms Tom is in it (it was never really confirmed before).
I know how secretive they have to be around here with dubbing - the same actor has been doing Tom in Marvel since the first one (and even in Crimson Peak and a few others) and I know Marvel (and especially disney) choose have to approve those actors and have contracts to keep the same voice if possible. So it is possible. I would go to see the movie anyway but this makes it even better. Also, if Tom appears in it, he could make a bit of a fun around it in interviews for TES and some conventions if he chooses to go.

Reactions: 3

If it was for Loki I’d guess they’re starting pre-production and possibly styling/costuming? Otherwise both TES or the possibility of a new project all sound very exciting (^^)

Trueeee it’s good he’s out and about so we know he didn’t catch it at BAFTAS

The mole man coming out of hiding and needs a refresh? Spring Awakenings! 🤣

Yeah, I’m in Jersey (the new one lol) and the rules are the same here. The mask mandates have gone by the wayside, but people can still wear them if they feel uncomfortable. Most workplaces and businesses are continuing to follow CDC guidance, so if the situation changes we’ll revert back to mask wearing and social distancing.
Groundhog Day all over again 👀👀

Is that a set of car keys he's got in his hand?
Looks more like house or mail keys to me?

Tight shorts! Tom outside of his cave. Good. After I finally got a chance to check in here again. Not that anybody would notice my absence :D I had a terrible week and I think it just peaks today and tomorrow but after that, it may *finally* get a bit better.

Did you guys notice the news about the German voiceover actor for Tom saying he is working on Marvel movie? It was removed now (poor guy may get some serious talk if not gettin fired entirely). I suspect it is for Doctor Strange 2? It could be a short cameo but I think it sort of confirms Tom is in it (it was never really confirmed before).
I know how secretive they have to be around here with dubbing - the same actor has been doing Tom in Marvel since the first one (and even in Crimson Peak and a few others) and I know Marvel (and especially disney) choose have to approve those actors and have contracts to keep the same voice if possible. So it is possible. I would go to see the movie anyway but this makes it even better. Also, if Tom appears in it, he could make a bit of a fun around it in interviews for TES and some conventions if he chooses to go.
Welcome back! I hope your week gets better (I noticed your absence I swear) 🤞

I have no idea about what happened with the German voice actor……I guess if they took it down too then it does sort of confirm things.

I just don’t want to get my hopes up 😩
(But imagine all the content we’d get in May)

I thought this tiktok would be the closest thing we’d get to a Loki cameo in Doctor Strange

Last edited:
If it was for Loki I’d guess they’re starting pre-production and possibly styling/costuming? Otherwise both TES or the possibility of a new project all sound very exciting (^^)

Trueeee it’s good he’s out and about so we know he didn’t catch it at BAFTAS

Groundhog Day all over again 👀👀

Looks more like house or mail keys to me?

Welcome back! I hope your week gets better (I noticed your absence I swear) 🤞

I have no idea about what happened with the German voice actor……I guess if they took it down too then it does sort of confirm things.

I thought this tiktok would be the closest thing we’d get to a Loki cameo in Doctor Strange

Whoops it’s this one 😅

I hope you’re okay! I am beyond excited for MoM. It feels like we’re going to get a good stretch of Tom content for a bit- promo for TES, then airing, then cameo in Dr Strange, then he will start shooting Loki and hopefully we’ll get some snippets from that here and there from behind the scenes. All good things!

Methinks German voice actor probably got in a little bit of trouble…

Kevin Feige and the rest of the MCU people keep this stuff so under wraps most of the time. I mean we haven’t even gotten a Thor trailer yet! I’d love it if he made an appearance in that too, even though I haven’t heard anything about it. It could either be TVA Loki or a variant that Thor runs into- those boys need a damn hug!

I don’t want to get my hopes up either because without seeing him in the trailer it’s still just speculation but I really really want to see him interact with Strange or Wanda.