Tom Hiddleston #8 Fifty shades of blue

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am just guessing here, but to me it looks like the media have finally been authorised to talk about it.
That’s also possible- they might have tried talking to people when they first noticed the ring and couldn’t get any sources and most outlets even trash like DM seem wary of doing anything that could get them sued. Who knows, as it’s been pointed out, Tom’s team does not exactly seem to be on top of things so I have no idea what happened 😂 But I find it hard to believe that no one noticed the ring, seems more likely they were waiting on more public showings of it. She didn’t wear it to the Tony’s or the Unicef event (I don’t think) so it was confusing I’m sure.

Tom and Andy Serkis raising awareness for World Down Syndrome day. Must have been during the Bafta gala party. This is for the Portsmouth Down Syndrome Association - near his home in Hampshire.
Oh my goodness he looks SUPER handsome in that picture- he’s glowing (maybe he’s pregnant? I’m kidding please don’t kill me).

Reactions: 3
I am just guessing here, but to me it looks like the media have finally been authorised to talk about it.
Yep, I’ve seen it happen in other entertainment industries so I think it’s a big possibility. Kinda hoping that the timing of the engagement and possibly marriage would bring some attention to TES or maybe even White Stork. It’ll be nice to see another of his shows doing extremely well and getting attention like TNM did (that isn’t a marvel show cough cough)

That’s also possible- they might have tried talking to people when they first noticed the ring and couldn’t get any sources and most outlets even trash like DM seem wary of doing anything that could get them sued. Who knows, as it’s been pointed out, Tom’s team does not exactly seem to be on top of things so I have no idea what happened 😂 But I find it hard to believe that no one noticed the ring, seems more likely they were waiting on more public showings of it. She didn’t wear it to the Tony’s or the Unicef event (I don’t think) so it was confusing I’m sure.

Oh my goodness he looks SUPER handsome in that picture- he’s glowing (maybe he’s pregnant? I’m kidding please don’t kill me).

I’ve seen a few gossip/tabloid articles and talk abt Zawe’s ring a few years back when she just started wearing it, but none of the articles gained much traction.

((Is DM deuxmoi??))

Last edited:
Yep, I’ve seen it happen in other entertainment industries so I think it’s a big possibility. Kinda hoping that the timing of the engagement and possibly marriage would bring some attention to TES or maybe even White Stork. It’ll be nice to see another of his shows doing extremely well and getting attention like TNM did (that isn’t a marvel show cough cough)

I’ve seen a few gossip/tabloid articles and talk abt Zawe’s ring a few years back when she just started wearing it, but none of the articles gained much traction.

((Is DM deuxmoi??))
Daily Mail, which I absolutely hate! They get their facts wrong constantly and they always HAVE to mention Taylor even if it’s just an article about Tom walking his dog (yep that’s news!) but that’s an interesting point. Maybe because they had covered her rings before and realized nothing came of it they were slower on the trigger this time. I do think it’s possible that they allowed their engagement to be picked up in order to boost interest in TES- could have been the team’s idea or his. Since they most likely have been engaged for months already it makes sense that they decided to let it go public at a better time. I think it’s likely that we’ll never get an official statement from either of them so we may never know the timeline of engagement!

Reactions: 2
In
Oh me too. I loved the book. I'm interested in how they adapted the letters in particular. But so much more. Its certainly going to be interesting as apparently this was also the first time Tom's worked with an intimacy coordinator aswell. As I read an interview with the lady in charge of that for the production.

I'm also interested to see how they handle the mental health issues too.
Intimacy coordinator?! Is that a real thing? But.. he's done sex scenes before! Why now, on this movie? I've read the book & the one scene is I guess pretty spicy plus another suggestive of, um.. well, no spoilers & maybe I was imagining something that didn't happen anyway. But in any case if it is awkward for whatever reason, the only thing that would make pretending to do **that** in front of cameras would be having a coach on the sidelines cheering you on, which now as I think about it is what I'm imagining an intimacy coordinator does & I'll now I'll never stop thinking about Tom & Clare & an intimacy coordinator working it all out. So thanks :D

• Haha
Oh me too. I loved the book. I'm interested in how they adapted the letters in particular. But so much more. Its certainly going to be interesting as apparently this was also the first time Tom's worked with an intimacy coordinator aswell. As I read an interview with the lady in charge of that for the production.

I'm also interested to see how they handle the mental health issues too.
Would you recommend the book? I was thinking about it but not too sure on what it’ll be like hmm…

Yikes
Yikes indeed

Reactions: 1
Would you recommend the book? I was thinking about it but not too sure on what it’ll be like hmm…
Yes, it's good. It takes a little while to get into the story, but then it's nice.

Yikes

Last edited:
In
Intimacy coordinator?! Is that a real thing? But.. he's done sex scenes before! Why now, on this movie? I've read the book & the one scene is I guess pretty spicy plus another suggestive of, um.. well, no spoilers & maybe I was imagining something that didn't happen anyway. But in any case if it is awkward for whatever reason, the only thing that would make pretending to do **that** in front of cameras would be having a coach on the sidelines cheering you on, which now as I think about it is what I'm imagining an intimacy coordinator does & I'll now I'll never stop thinking about Tom & Clare & an intimacy coordinator working it all out. So thanks :D
Now I've got a very interesting image in my head of him being cheered on for that sceen from the book. Lol that's going to live there rent free for some time. I suspect that the adaption from book to screen may have more of what was alluded to in the letters between the characters as scenes but we will definitely have to wait and see I guess.

This is the article by the intimacy coordinator for TES if you're interested in reading it.

I personally really loved the book myself. It took me about two and a half days to get into it for the first 120 pages or so but then I read the rest of the book in one sitting. It takes a bit of getting used to the way that Sarah Perry writes.

I personally bought the book on the strength of the blurb and on a rumour that Tom had followed the author back in Feb last year. I thought it sounded really cool. He was announced in early March that he was taking on the role.

I'm glad that I read it. It honestly depends on if you want to go into the series blind as to what's going to happen. Obviously the book will have spoilers to the outcome etc of the series. Plus I'll be comparing it to the book in if they change things etc to make it work for the screen.

If you can wait I would possibly say read it after the series. But I would definitely recommend it.

I honestly can't wait to see Tom talking about preparing for the role and what drew him to it. In the promotional interviews that I hope we will get.

Yikes
I hope that Tom and Zawe are alright and anyone else who may have been in contact with anyone whose since tested positive. It really isn't a pleasant experience although having been vaccinated twice and having a booster shot it's definitely not as bad as it could be for most now. Plus the new strains are more infectious but not quite as debilitating as the original strains of the virus.

Hopefully Ken has a speedy recovery from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
In
I could be wrong but I feel like I remember someone discussing intimacy coordinator and sharing a video a few threads back, it may have even been related to The Night Manager but I might not be remembering correctly.

I always think to myself how not sexy it must be to film sex scenes, even if you and the person have great chemistry, you’re surrounded by people and having to do it over and over again and be so technical and clinical about it.
Now I've got a very interesting image in my head of him being cheered on for that sceen from the book. Lol that's going to live there rent free for some time. I suspect that the adaption from book to screen may have more of what was alluded to in the letters between the characters as scenes but we will definitely have to wait and see I guess.

This is the article by the intimacy coordinator for TES if you're interested in reading it.

I personally really loved the book myself. It took me about two and a half days to get into it for the first 120 pages or so but then I read the rest of the book in one sitting. It takes a bit of getting used to the way that Sarah Perry writes.

I personally bought the book on the strength of the blurb and on a rumour that Tom had followed the author back in Feb last year. I thought it sounded really cool. He was announced in early March that he was taking on the role.

I'm glad that I read it. It honestly depends on if you want to go into the series blind as to what's going to happen. Obviously the book will have spoilers to the outcome etc of the series. Plus I'll be comparing it to the book in if they change things etc to make it work for the screen.

If you can wait I would possibly say read it after the series. But I would definitely recommend it.

I honestly can't wait to see Tom talking about preparing for the role and what drew him to it. In the promotional interviews that I hope we will get.

I hope that Tom and Zawe are alright and anyone else who may have been in contact with anyone whose since tested positive. It really isn't a pleasant experience although having been vaccinated twice and having a booster shot it's definitely not as bad as it could be for most now. Plus the new strains are more infectious but not quite as debilitating as the original strains of the virus.

Hopefully Ken has a speedy recovery from it.
I haven’t read the book but I do know the scene you’re m referring to and imagining filming that in front of people it’s kind of mortifying, however I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t dying to see it.

I could be wrong but I feel like I remember someone discussing intimacy coordinator and sharing a video a few threads back, it may have even been related to The Night Manager but I might not be remembering correctly.

I always think to myself how not sexy it must be to film sex scenes, even if you and the person have great chemistry, you’re surrounded by people and having to do it over and over again and be so technical and clinical about it.

I haven’t read the book but I do know the scene you’re m referring to and imagining filming that in front of people it’s kind of mortifying, however I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t dying to see it.
Intimate scenes are horrendous. It's actually worse if you like the person and it's easy to see why a lot of co-stars end up together and then split after a few years as they've mistaken acting out feelings for real feelings. But worse still (and I speak from experience) is where your partner is off camera and you have the director saying they want more passion etc and an intimacy coach saying you need to get more into it. Mine was only kissing thankfully (fully clothed!) but it really made me feel uncomfortable (the guy looked great but gross smell and character). After that I refused to do anything where it involved any sort of touching and ended up preferring behind the scenes. My then partner ended up so jealous of the guy when there had no need to be but I can see why it can cause issues when one is in the industry and the other not.
I do remember reading something about Tom and the modesty patch used for Night Manager and the intimate scenes with Elizabeth. They apparently had a few giggles about it. Can't remember details now but having worked on sets where they've been used I can tell you depending on what's used they sometimes move, stick too well (think sticking plaster and intimate area) or it's skin tone underwear (and having to listen to the star wearing it that it's too tight).

Reactions: 6
Intimate scenes are horrendous. It's actually worse if you like the person and it's easy to see why a lot of co-stars end up together and then split after a few years as they've mistaken acting out feelings for real feelings. But worse still (and I speak from experience) is where your partner is off camera and you have the director saying they want more passion etc and an intimacy coach saying you need to get more into it. Mine was only kissing thankfully (fully clothed!) but it really made me feel uncomfortable (the guy looked great but gross smell and character). After that I refused to do anything where it involved any sort of touching and ended up preferring behind the scenes. My then partner ended up so jealous of the guy when there had no need to be but I can see why it can cause issues when one is in the industry and the other not.
I do remember reading something about Tom and the modesty patch used for Night Manager and the intimate scenes with Elizabeth. They apparently had a few giggles about it. Can't remember details now but having worked on sets where they've been used I can tell you depending on what's used they sometimes move, stick too well (think sticking plaster and intimate area) or it's skin tone underwear (and having to listen to the star wearing it that it's too tight).
I love these behind the scenes stories! I have never done anything of the sort and I definitely would never be able to handle it. I’m a very jealous person by nature and I hate the idea of “sharing” my husband. I honestly have never been able to understand how actors do it and how it must feel, particularly if the partner has never done it themselves.

I also think it must be so hard when the actor is being shipped with their costar and the actual spouse is being harassed by stans which has happened many times but in recent history I think Adam Driver’s wife had a very difficult time from Reylo shippers, and the wife of the guy who played Oliver Queen on Arrow.

I love these behind the scenes stories! I have never done anything of the sort and I definitely would never be able to handle it. I’m a very jealous person by nature and I hate the idea of “sharing” my husband. I honestly have never been able to understand how actors do it and how it must feel, particularly if the partner has never done it themselves.

I also think it must be so hard when the actor is being shipped with their costar and the actual spouse is being harassed by stans which has happened many times but in recent history I think Adam Driver’s wife had a very difficult time from Reylo shippers, and the wife of the guy who played Oliver Queen on Arrow.
I think that's why a lot of stars seek out a partner that works in the industry in any capacity. But jealousy is jealousy. The guy I had to kiss I then had to slap hard, I got told off for not hitting him hard enough so we took a break and on way back he said something to me to get a reaction so that when we were back on the scene I nearly took him clean off his feet. To me acting kind of messes with emotions and it's easy to see why playing difficult scenes and emotions can leave an actor with anxiety etc. The best actors will respect the others wishes and talk it through with each other first so you're comfortable with what's going to happen. But that's not the norm. I heard Tom will talk things through with his co-stars.
But on the other side I've been there for other actors that did a scene but weren't expecting how it made them feel or helped to diffuse a situation with a jealous spouse on set. There was a few holes in set walls and plates thrown etc!

It must be very odd to be watched etc, plus I imagine it could be hard for partners. But I imagine that if you're both in the ìndustry it makes things slightly easier as you know how it works.

It must be very odd to be watched etc, plus I imagine it could be hard for partners. But I imagine that if you're both in the ìndustry it makes things slightly easier as you know how it works.
I wish I could say it does but it doesn't as I said jealousy is jealousy. I have a few friends still acting that either won't do anything intimate or take any parts that even suggest it and they have partners in the industry too. Everyone deals with it differently but it doesn't magnify insecurities. Mine was only a 'passionate' kiss and we were fully clothed but I didn't like the way it made my partner feel or me for that matter.

I wish I could say it does but it doesn't as I said jealousy is jealousy. I have a few friends still acting that either won't do anything intimate or take any parts that even suggest it and they have partners in the industry too. Everyone deals with it differently but it doesn't magnify insecurities. Mine was only a 'passionate' kiss and we were fully clothed but I didn't like the way it made my partner feel or me for that matter.
That's fair enough. It'll be interesting to see if being in a committed relationship changes anything in the types of roles that they both take. As they've both done sex scenes before in their careers. Plus I guess a lot has to do with how secure you are in your relationships and how jealousy affects you.

Reactions: 5
why did they need an intimacy coordinator? I've never heard of that and I wonder Tom has done a lot of sex scenes and he has no problem doing them so I wonder what the chemistry will be like on screen with Claire Danes

why did they need an intimacy coordinator? I've never heard of that and I wonder Tom has done a lot of sex scenes and he has no problem doing them so I wonder what the chemistry will be like on screen with Claire Danes
Most sets have them now (and they sometimes have a different title), think of them being there to make sure no actor feels uncomfortable with what happening but also they can suggest ways that on camera it would look like more than it actually is. My first acting coach (short horror film) told us he wouldn't kiss anyone on set yet we knew we'd all seen him on screen kissing someone, he showed us how it was done, a tilt of the head and his making it look like he was cradling the persons face when in fact he had his hand over the other person's mouth and was kissing the back of his hand. None of us could believe it. If you look back Tom did talk about the intimacy coach that was brought in for The Night Manager as the Director wanted a certain look. But now they're there to protect the actors which I think is great. As mentioned before I only ever did one kiss scene and the rest of time in film/tv I was either in heavy costume or narrative. So I got lucky but I can see how if you're doing a scene where you have to do or say something that you might not feel comfortable with it can have a knock on effect. A certain big budget fantasy show that starred one of the now Marvel stars when they were starting out wasn't known for being mindful of how actors felt about brutal scenes. But the industry has changed a lot even since then.
I'm hoping that the intimate scene with Tom and Claire is believable, can't see why it wouldn't be as Tom does put his all into interactions being believable with co-stars

Reactions: 4
They're apparently a lot more common place now since the me too movement aswell. I assume to help protect both parties involved too. Helping make sure no one tries anything they shouldn't or also if anyone has triggers etc to make sure boundaries are communicated properly between all involved.

Here's an article from an intimacy coordinator about what they do. It's an interesting read.

Reactions: 5
They're apparently a lot more common place now since the me too movement aswell. I assume to help protect both parties involved too. Helping make sure no one tries anything they shouldn't or also if anyone has triggers etc to make sure boundaries are communicated properly between all involved.

Here's an article from an intimacy coordinator about what they do. It's an interesting read.

Put it this way imagine you're an actor and you're in a scene where it's something that you wouldn't do in public. Male or female you feel vulnerable because you have a set full of people, you want it to be believable and also you're either doing the scene with someone you like and respect or can't stand. Neither are great scenarios. Another reason directors tend not to like partners on set is that their partner may hold back or worse if either party gets too into it then partner gets upset/jealous etc. There's a few accounts on the Social Media site that begins with T where it's talked about and slip ups on set etc.