Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
gettyimages-1235939845-1024x1024.jpg
gettyimages-1235940179-1024x1024.jpg
gettyimages-1235939876-1024x1024.jpg

Same suit he used for the promo of Betrayal with Stephen Colbert, is it not?
Half a smile, deer in headlights eyes...
I am not going to say anything else or I'll be egged again.

Reactions: 3
It sounds like you had a blast! I'm curious with the vaccination cards- do you show them as needed like if a celeb requires it? Or when you first get there do you have to show it with ID and then get a special ticket or stamp or something. I was just thinking how easy it would be to take someone else's vaccination card since many places don't id with it, and what sort of problems that would cause.

I just had my husband watch the first two Loki episodes with me. He seemed to enjoy them but he is also very critical- right off the bat he didn't like how B-15 was able to so easily overpower Loki in the Gobi Desert. He was like "isn't he supposed to be a god? Why would this random person with no superpowers be able to capture him within 30 seconds?" He's not wrong...but immediately I realized he's going to have a lot of complaints about the show if that's an issue for him, since one of the biggest gripes was that Loki's powers are underused in Marvel in general.
Sorry for the late reply, it was crazy, as conventions tend to be. I just had to shower and eat after I got home because you basically have only time eat some local unhealthy overpriced food and drink a lot of cofee :D
Anyway, to answer your question...this was in the big arena. There is a huge arena for sport/cultural events and this is a venue attached to it...big space so you go through security check (frames) and yes, they added another line to it outside for tests/vaccine control. However, no ID check so in theory, anyone could get in but I don´t think anybody would risk it. Yes, there are people going there just to "be there", I think 60% of those people vaugely know Harry Potter or Star Wars and just go to buy some merch and stuff. But you cannot know who you meet at the security (poor guy going as a Witcher had to leave his swords there :D ) because I know they were checking IDs at VIP entrance. So why risk they won´t let you in if you will be (even randomly) checked? Also, everybody is aware how special this is, that we can finally do this, so I hope nobody would be so stupid or selfish. Anti vaxxers aside, it is a thing of a pure respect. Also, adding to the usual actors line up, our conventions have also a huge fan programme, with lines consisting from science, literature, even I had a presentation in a sci-fi line about Life on Mars show. So it is really special and this year´s biggest event.
The funny thing is that this being postponed twice, the next Comic Con will be already in February (which is regular date (well...this was only second time but it was successful).
And back to Loki....the fanbase for especially Loki was insane. The Marvel programme was packed, many of those people went there just to hear about Loki, I saw a few TVA Loki (often couples where he was Loki, she was Sylvie :D ) and I really heard only positive stuff about it. Funnily enough, WandaVision, as good as it was, did not really trend at all. I saw one Winter soldier cosplay, I think. But to be fair, it is relatively easier to put together Loki costume than, for example, Captain America. One guy had just a t-shirt with "Low-Key" on it and had the plush horns :D
I only wore a necklace...but I am a convention dinosaur (have been doing fan events/conventions since 1998, and I was one of the first one going to "abroad conventions", which are the standard western type cons). We had to wait til 2019 to get our first but boy, it was worth the wait.
It is still funny seeing it, given we are not legally able to watch any of the D+ shows given D+ is not available here yet and none of the shows is and will be on Blu-Ray

I felt people were kind of...lacking today. I have to admit, I took down the respiratior when I was seated because it was awful to wear it all day. But many people made it as a part of their costumes but I was annoyed that some people didn´t wear it at all.
However....the reason why I am so exhausted is that it was terribly cold in there because they never closed doors at the main hall, doors outside were open as well, so there was a constant draft everywhere and they had the filters, too.
But I am careful and even vaccinated, I am not going to see my parents now AND next week after I return from Germany Fedcon and will even probably go to take a test because it is better to be safe than sorry, especially with these crowds.

As for Tom....I cannot really blame him to be safe (we had Edward James Olmos and Norman Lovett, both requested distance at photoshoots due to their age and health issues). It is probably still a bit risky to do these but I know that if they won´t restart asap, we will lose conventions entirely because it is expensive just to get the actors here (and anywhere). And seeing the actors, switching between Q&As, autographs and photos, many of them flying to a totally different time zone (Torri Higginson flew from Canada), meeting people, constantly somewhere in the crowd...no wonder they ask to get paid. It is as a bloody theater performance stretched through a whole weekend.

To your second part - Loki is not the only character who is weaker at the MCU. It was well explained on the show (the opening scene is easily explained by the fact Loki was surprised by the hit and she used that stick which was obviously strong and able to slow down time). But I know people often complain about Wanda or Strange being weaker as well. Honestly, if you would have full powered Loki or Wanda against Thanos, there would be no Thanos.

And sorry, whatever you were talking about, I didn´t read it, I just wanted to reply before going to bed :D

Reactions: 2
View attachment 814723View attachment 814726View attachment 814728

Same suit he used for the promo of Betrayal with Stephen Colbert, is it not?
Half a smile, deer in headlights eyes...
I wonder if he went because some of his former marvel costars are in it- Brolin, Bautista, Stellan. Or maybe he really likes Dune. I don't know enough about his body of work to know if he has worked with the producers/director/writer of the movie.

I think you're right about the suit! Except he seems to have paired it with his old buddy the navy sweater of 2019. I wonder if the baby blue one is in the wash...

Those other pictures of him have a much nicer smile to the eyes than the one DM chose to use.

You should feel free and comfortable to share any opinion you want, as we all do. I don't believe people disagreeing with opinions should count as "egging," and I don't love the implication that you'll be attacked for sharing what you feel. It's your opinion and you're on a forum, you should say whatever you want to say! I guarantee there will be people on here who agree with you and people who don't, that's just how we roll :)

Sorry for the late reply, it was crazy, as conventions tend to be. I just had to shower and eat after I got home because you basically have only time eat some local unhealthy overpriced food and drink a lot of cofee :D
Anyway, to answer your question...this was in the big arena. There is a huge arena for sport/cultural events and this is a venue attached to it...big space so you go through security check (frames) and yes, they added another line to it outside for tests/vaccine control. However, no ID check so in theory, anyone could get in but I don´t think anybody would risk it. Yes, there are people going there just to "be there", I think 60% of those people vaugely know Harry Potter or Star Wars and just go to buy some merch and stuff. But you cannot know who you meet at the security (poor guy going as a Witcher had to leave his swords there :D ) because I know they were checking IDs at VIP entrance. So why risk they won´t let you in if you will be (even randomly) checked? Also, everybody is aware how special this is, that we can finally do this, so I hope nobody would be so stupid or selfish. Anti vaxxers aside, it is a thing of a pure respect. Also, adding to the usual actors line up, our conventions have also a huge fan programme, with lines consisting from science, literature, even I had a presentation in a sci-fi line about Life on Mars show. So it is really special and this year´s biggest event.
The funny thing is that this being postponed twice, the next Comic Con will be already in February (which is regular date (well...this was only second time but it was successful).
And back to Loki....the fanbase for especially Loki was insane. The Marvel programme was packed, many of those people went there just to hear about Loki, I saw a few TVA Loki (often couples where he was Loki, she was Sylvie :D ) and I really heard only positive stuff about it. Funnily enough, WandaVision, as good as it was, did not really trend at all. I saw one Winter soldier cosplay, I think. But to be fair, it is relatively easier to put together Loki costume than, for example, Captain America. One guy had just a t-shirt with "Low-Key" on it and had the plush horns :D
I only wore a necklace...but I am a convention dinosaur (have been doing fan events/conventions since 1998, and I was one of the first one going to "abroad conventions", which are the standard western type cons). We had to wait til 2019 to get our first but boy, it was worth the wait.
It is still funny seeing it, given we are not legally able to watch any of the D+ shows given D+ is not available here yet and none of the shows is and will be on Blu-Ray

I felt people were kind of...lacking today. I have to admit, I took down the respiratior when I was seated because it was awful to wear it all day. But many people made it as a part of their costumes but I was annoyed that some people didn´t wear it at all.
However....the reason why I am so exhausted is that it was terribly cold in there because they never closed doors at the main hall, doors outside were open as well, so there was a constant draft everywhere and they had the filters, too.
But I am careful and even vaccinated, I am not going to see my parents now AND next week after I return from Germany Fedcon and will even probably go to take a test because it is better to be safe than sorry, especially with these crowds.

As for Tom....I cannot really blame him to be safe (we had Edward James Olmos and Norman Lovett, both requested distance at photoshoots due to their age and health issues). It is probably still a bit risky to do these but I know that if they won´t restart asap, we will lose conventions entirely because it is expensive just to get the actors here (and anywhere). And seeing the actors, switching between Q&As, autographs and photos, many of them flying to a totally different time zone (Torri Higginson flew from Canada), meeting people, constantly somewhere in the crowd...no wonder they ask to get paid. It is as a bloody theater performance stretched through a whole weekend.

To your second part - Loki is not the only character who is weaker at the MCU. It was well explained on the show (the opening scene is easily explained by the fact Loki was surprised by the hit and she used that stick which was obviously strong and able to slow down time). But I know people often complain about Wanda or Strange being weaker as well. Honestly, if you would have full powered Loki or Wanda against Thanos, there would be no Thanos.

And sorry, whatever you were talking about, I didn´t read it, I just wanted to reply before going to bed :D
Thank you for sharing!!

Huge like for Tom for attending Dune premiere. He really looks great. No hideous blue sweater in sight. Looking smart.

Reactions: 1
That's amazing! See, that's how normal people react to being served a bowl of sauce. I was thinking about if someone gave me a bowl of just alfredo sauce and I want to vomit just thinking about it 😂

In case anyone wants to skip the useless Daily Fail article and just see the man we're all here to see:
View attachment 814693

He looks REALLY REALLY handsome but I do wonder why he has permanently adopted this "smiling without smiling" look that he has in most recent pictures. He does have it in old pictures too but I feel like we see it a lot more now. He's trying to smize but he looks more like he's puzzled by this newfangled device that takes a photo. And with the hands clasped in front I feel like he's going to recite a poem. He still looks hot though! So sleek and I love his shoes. Ugh can he wear a suit.
But it was a special screening of Dune hosted by Cary Fukunaga. You know he is the No Time to Die director;)

• Wow
But it was a special screening of Dune hosted by Cary Fukunaga. You know he is the No Time to Die director;)
THIS is why I love this forum- I didn't know that, thank you!

Yes, but did you hear that Villenueve is interested in new Bond?
Imagine if after all this crap for years he ended up being Bond. I wouldn't even like it I don't think but I would like it for him because I think he wants it. Honestly I'd be just as happy if not happier for him to be the Bond villain- much less criticism and comparison to former Bonds and I think he'd shine better in that type of role.

Reactions: 1
Imagine if after all this crap for years he ended up being Bond. I wouldn't even like it I don't think but I would like it for him because I think he wants it. Honestly I'd be just as happy if not happier for him to be the Bond villain- much less criticism and comparison to former Bonds and I think he'd shine better in that type of role.
Imagine Villenueve directs Bond and Tom gets the role!!!

For the record, we said it first!

he's wearing it under the suit :LOL:
Baby blue sweater. I wasn't precise.

Reactions: 4
Wasn´t Susanne Bier in running to direct Bond some years ago?

Not like it is signed and closed deal, but he is willing to do it.

We will see.
I may be in a minority but Dennis Villeneuve for me really doesn´t work.....I only liked Arrival and that´s because I like this sci-fi style. But I was so excited to see Hugh Jackman in the Prisoners and I ended up disappointed. I am just not too fond of his style. And even though he creates movies that critics obviously love, they don´t make that much money and I think the new Blade Runner was not too big hit with critics either.
Simply put, I think he is a bit overhyped.

That said, if Tom chose to work with him? Hell yeah, actors line up for his movies. Do I want him to do Bond? Not really. But would it shut the haters up? Well...not really :D But I am a bit worried if he would go for a Bond villain, those are sometimes even more watched the Bond himself AND it would make Tom a bit typecast. No matter how Loki is probably more of a hero than a villain now.

I may be in a minority but Dennis Villeneuve for me really doesn´t work.....I only liked Arrival and that´s because I like this sci-fi style. But I was so excited to see Hugh Jackman in the Prisoners and I ended up disappointed. I am just not too fond of his style. And even though he creates movies that critics obviously love, they don´t make that much money and I think the new Blade Runner was not too big hit with critics either.
Simply put, I think he is a bit overhyped.

That said, if Tom chose to work with him? Hell yeah, actors line up for his movies. Do I want him to do Bond? Not really. But would it shut the haters up? Well...not really :D But I am a bit worried if he would go for a Bond villain, those are sometimes even more watched the Bond himself AND it would make Tom a bit typecast. No matter how Loki is probably more of a hero than a villain now.
A Bond villain …hmmm not bad

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Geez, Chamelet looks still like he is 16 or so....I am curious if Dune will change my mind about him because I am just not too fond of his acting. Or maybe he is probably already too young for me :D

That said....I LOVE how Tom is there. Like, you can ask why because he has been underground for two weeks but then, why the hell not? Maybe it is the part of the gradual process of him finally getting out more or maybe he was invited by someone or he just wanted to go to see the movie :D But I am glad he did :D