Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was a private screening held by Fukunaga

Oh lord, I'm not the fashion police by any means, but he should have left the sweater at home and go for a shirt under the jacket.
Yeah I’m starting to wonder if he has developed some sort of sensory issues where if he’s not wearing a sweater he freaks out or something. I love the suit and I get wanting to dress it down but then wear a nice white t underneath, not a sweater!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah I’m starting to wonder if he has developed some sort of sensory issues where if he’s not wearing a sweater he freaks out or something. I love the suit and I get wanting to dress it down but then wear a nice white t underneath, not a sweater!
lol I think it's pretty fair to assume that, I've definitely developed deep hate for jeans through the pandemic.

Working at home office through the pandemic, I basically developed a hate for all clothes because I got used to work in my pyjamas until lunch :D

On another note, this is interesting:

I wonder what it means for Tom and his filming schedule. If this means also a delay for D+ shows and their filming or if there are some reshoots and if he may be in some of those movies (we have still no idea). I am personally really disappointed with this, especially with Strange since it was postponed twice already. I understand - along the lines - if the strike is still on and the studio is pushing the movies so they would be avoid problems. One would think Strange movie is done and ready but obviously, there are still some reshoots going on. I was really excited for the movie but it seems to have a lot of stuff going on around it that it makes me a bit worried.

As for the photos above, now we know who else was there

Attachments

Working at home office through the pandemic, I basically developed a hate for all clothes because I got used to work in my pyjamas until lunch :D

On another note, this is interesting:

I wonder what it means for Tom and his filming schedule. If this means also a delay for D+ shows and their filming or if there are some reshoots and if he may be in some of those movies (we have still no idea). I am personally really disappointed with this, especially with Strange since it was postponed twice already. I understand - along the lines - if the strike is still on and the studio is pushing the movies so they would be avoid problems. One would think Strange movie is done and ready but obviously, there are still some reshoots going on. I was really excited for the movie but it seems to have a lot of stuff going on around it that it makes me a bit worried.

As for the photos above, now we know who else was there
So everything is pushed back? Wonder why they decided to do this? I know there were rumors that Black Panther 2 had some issues with Letitia but the rest makes no sense.
As for Loki S2, I think they were already planning on a long ass hiatus in between seasons given the fact that they still don't have a director nor a finished script.
Also, wasn't Thomas supposed to participate in Dr. Strange 2? Wonder if his scenes were already shot or not.
I'm under the impression that Loki won't start production till mid 2022, as I've been stating since the second season was announced.
Guess this lapsus will give Thomas plenty of time to work on another projects (thank goodness!)
I love Loki as much as the next person but I'm rooting for him to divert and venture away from the franchise and Disney all together

Reactions: 2
sweater = safety blanket

• Haha
I think it is out of respect and also he is probably careful for all the reasons you mentioned above. I wouldn´t read much into it either. Also, at covid time, measures lifted be damned, I am pretty sure most actors are still careful. Them to get the covid (however mild one) could shut down the entire productions. Also, if you have half of a brain left, you are still careful at least to keep some distance or at least wash your hands (they say we are at 21st century, it doesn´t seem so to me!)
I am just really happy we got some new photos. Also such unexpected and random ones, it makes me giddy. He has been doing God knows what and then he appears at a premiere. That is nice.
It is really nice to see him doing things that are not directly related to his work (promotion or award). He has a life, yay!

Reactions: 1
So everything is pushed back? Wonder why they decided to do this? I know there were rumors that Black Panther 2 had some issues with Letitia but the rest makes no sense.
As for Loki S2, I think they were already planning on a long ass hiatus in between seasons given the fact that they still don't have a director nor a finished script.
Also, wasn't Thomas supposed to participate in Dr. Strange 2? Wonder if his scenes were already shot or not.
I'm under the impression that Loki won't start production till mid 2022, as I've been stating since the second season was announced.
Guess this lapsus will give Thomas plenty of time to work on another projects (thank goodness!)
I love Loki as much as the next person but I'm rooting for him to divert and venture away from the franchise and Disney all together
It could be with that strike of business workers that was about to begin today but apparently, they made a deal, which is not too good, from what I understand. So maybe they just want to avoid delays? Rumor is that Tom filmed for Strange last January/February but who knows how big his role is. I guess because Waldron basically rewrote the original script, it could be more than just a cameo but who knows.

I think so, too (mid 2022). Given also that Sophia is pregnant, she will also then need some time to spend with her child, get to shape...I seriously doubt they could shuffle schedule around that much. I don´t mind, really, as I understand they basically take shows and miniseries as movies (same budget) so this is basically a pre-production for a movie.
However, I think they already have a director, they just didn´t tell us.
But we have TES to look forward to fill the gap. Since Tom seems to get out into a daylight more these days, maybe we will hear something new in following weeks or so :D
Also, let´s hope for some news, photos and maybe videos from the comic con this weekend.

It could be with that strike of business workers that was about to begin today but apparently, they made a deal, which is not too good, from what I understand. So maybe they just want to avoid delays? Rumor is that Tom filmed for Strange last January/February but who knows how big his role is. I guess because Waldron basically rewrote the original script, it could be more than just a cameo but who knows.

I think so, too (mid 2022). Given also that Sophia is pregnant, she will also then need some time to spend with her child, get to shape...I seriously doubt they could shuffle schedule around that much. I don´t mind, really, as I understand they basically take shows and miniseries as movies (same budget) so this is basically a pre-production for a movie.
However, I think they already have a director, they just didn´t tell us.
But we have TES to look forward to fill the gap. Since Tom seems to get out into a daylight more these days, maybe we will hear something new in following weeks or so :D
Also, let´s hope for some news, photos and maybe videos from the comic con this weekend.
I believe his strange stuff was filmed after he was done with Loki last year, There hasn't been any word to what capacity although he is on the poster?. I know he is not going to be in Thor. I think Sophie had just given birth not long before she started filming Loki last time didn't she? Maybe I have the timing wrong or i'm hearing the wrong people talk lol.

I believe his strange stuff was filmed after he was done with Loki last year, There hasn't been any word to what capacity although he is on the poster?. I know he is not going to be in Thor. I think Sophie had just given birth not long before she started filming Loki last time didn't she? Maybe I have the timing wrong or i'm hearing the wrong people talk lol.
I think the general assumption is that he filmed it after Loki was wrapped because there were some reshoots for Strange? I am trying to keep up with their schedule but they keep pushing it back or reshooting that I lost track :D I think it came also from the fact that during the first promotion, at the video with skype interviews with the other stars of the two other shows (Anthony, Sebastian, Elizabeth and Paul), he still had his Loki hair (which could mean he just was too lazy to change the hair color until the TES filming but who knows :D ). That video is great, btw. and it makes me incredibly sad that they couldn´t make that thing live because of the covid restrictions.
Yes, Sophie posted a photo on twitter that her costume was designed light so she could breastfeed during filming. I am sure she will handle it well this time but you cannot make a woman to go into training fight scenes two weeks after birth when you are barely able to walk at that point :D That is why I think the original (January?) filming is really not possible at this point.

I think the general assumption is that he filmed it after Loki was wrapped because there were some reshoots for Strange? I am trying to keep up with their schedule but they keep pushing it back or reshooting that I lost track :D I think it came also from the fact that during the first promotion, at the video with skype interviews with the other stars of the two other shows (Anthony, Sebastian, Elizabeth and Paul), he still had his Loki hair (which could mean he just was too lazy to change the hair color until the TES filming but who knows :D ). That video is great, btw. and it makes me incredibly sad that they couldn´t make that thing live because of the covid restrictions.
Yes, Sophie posted a photo on twitter that her costume was designed light so she could breastfeed during filming. I am sure she will handle it well this time but you cannot make a woman to go into training fight scenes two weeks after birth when you are barely able to walk at that point :D That is why I think the original (January?) filming is really not possible at this point.
I remember doing the math at one point because he said he was acting as Loki on his 40th Bday which was well after the show had wrapped. Pure craziness going on with marvel and how much they are producing right now lol.

I remember doing the math at one point because he said he was acting as Loki on his 40th Bday which was well after the show had wrapped. Pure craziness going on with marvel and how much they are producing right now lol.
I did too, I was hoping it meant he was filming as Loki for Dr Strange but someone said it was more than likely reshoots.

At this point even though he has joked about it he’s going to be playing Loki til he’s 50. That immortal god is going to be applying for social security soon.

I did too, I was hoping it meant he was filming as Loki for Dr Strange but someone said it was more than likely reshoots.

At this point even though he has joked about it he’s going to be playing Loki til he’s 50. That immortal god is going to be applying for social security soon.
Well, it takes forever to get made something...now it looks like almost 2 years gap between seasons filming. If Loki gets more seasons....but let´s hope he will squeeze something in between :D
Hey, my favourite Hugh Jackman has been Wolverine for 17 years and managed to win an Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and got himself an Oscar nomination in between so it is possible. Of course, Tom needs to get to the daylight and start filming something first :D
Which, seriously, seems Tom is doing right now, getting a bit out finally and TES is a nice restart, I think.

I read that Birthday thing, too and I also believe those were just reshoots. But especially the first projects of Phase 4 (including Loki and Strange) were shuffled around so much that you can not really do the math. In the original schedule, they were supposed to come out back-to-back so it would make sense for Loki to be in it - if the director and writer did not change for Strange in the meantime, which could actually be good because Strange is written by Waldron so....
I think it will be just better to wait. But it is definitely fun to speculate :)

Well, it takes forever to get made something...now it looks like almost 2 years gap between seasons filming. If Loki gets more seasons....but let´s hope he will squeeze something in between :D
Hey, my favourite Hugh Jackman has been Wolverine for 17 years and managed to win an Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and got himself an Oscar nomination in between so it is possible. Of course, Tom needs to get to the daylight and start filming something first :D
Which, seriously, seems Tom is doing right now, getting a bit out finally and TES is a nice restart, I think.

I read that Birthday thing, too and I also believe those were just reshoots. But especially the first projects of Phase 4 (including Loki and Strange) were shuffled around so much that you can not really do the math. In the original schedule, they were supposed to come out back-to-back so it would make sense for Loki to be in it - if the director and writer did not change for Strange in the meantime, which could actually be good because Strange is written by Waldron so....
I think it will be just better to wait. But it is definitely fun to speculate :)
I agree! lol It's a blast to speculate. I like to think the next Dr Strange movie will just be him yelling at everyone for messing with the time line.

February this year? Yes, it was possible to travel to US from Europe. I traveled slightly later, in March.

But not from Great Britain to US in January/ February.
Yes you're correct I mentioned this in one of the older threads. It was possible but you had to spend 2 weeks in certain countries first outside of the UK, then quarantine for 10 days in a government sanctioned hotel coming back but there was a point (for months) where there were no flights at all from the UK to the US. Colleagues and friends experienced this first hand.

If he went to US in February, he probably had some detour arrangement. Or he did not go from Great Britain. I am pretty sure celebrities and politicians have their own ways of traveling and avoiding rules set for us mortals.
There are bunch of logic explanations. Why Tom would lie about being at set for his birthday? There was even a video with a cake.

How this became a problem? Do you think the set was not in Atlanta but somewhere in EU? Or coworkers decided to surprise him later/earlier? What do you think? I am genuinely interested in your theories.

Reshoots were in February and he was there. So was Sophia (another Brit). There were ways of getting them from the UK to the US at that time. “National interest” or something- Disney managed to do what they needed. The video with the cake though was from 2020 - his 39th birthday- note he is wearing his Asgardian costume and no masks in sight! Took a full year to get shooting done!

Last edited: