Tom Hiddleston #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Not sure whether to believe this or whether they would bring Tony back as AI/replacement for Jarvis. But since the new Doctor Strange film introduces the multiverse they could bring him back. I think it's a shame Sony are taking away the rights to Spiderman. They could make more I think with the MCU tie up. Why do I somehow see Loki being a bit of a hero in the upcoming films?

Not sure whether to believe this or whether they would bring Tony back as AI/replacement for Jarvis. But since the new Doctor Strange film introduces the multiverse they could bring him back. I think it's a shame Sony are taking away the rights to Spiderman. They could make more I think with the MCU tie up. Why do I somehow see Loki being a bit of a hero in the upcoming films?
Well I saw that it was shelved then it wasn't now I don't know what to believe.
RDJ coming back would be the best thing in the world. I cried more with his death than Loki's (I failed you TH)
Sony has the rights for SpiderMan but was 'lent' to Disney. They are taking advantage of the popularity and keeping Holland as lead. He'll be the longest actor playing SM.
Loki / Dr Strange will open so many doors! Too bad that ScarJo won't come back because of the lawsuit πŸ˜”

Reactions: 2
Well I saw that it was shelved then it wasn't now I don't know what to believe.
RDJ coming back would be the best thing in the world. I cried more with his death than Loki's (I failed you TH)
Sony has the rights for SpiderMan but was 'lent' to Disney. They are taking advantage of the popularity and keeping Holland as lead. He'll be the longest actor playing SM.
Loki / Dr Strange will open so many doors! Too bad that ScarJo won't come back because of the lawsuit πŸ˜”
I think there will be a deal done and she'll be back.

Reactions: 1
..... I'm giving Crimson Peak another chance (only because I'm not paying to watch I saw the light which was free whilst Loki was on!)
Crimson Peak grew on me. Tom looked so hot in it imo. The dark hair, the big eyes. Unf. I find him most attractive in that movie. I thought he did a good job with the acting.

I saw the light disappointed me. Tom clearly put his soul into it but I felt like the overall movie was awful (not his fault).

Crimson Peak grew on me. Tom looked so hot in it imo. The dark hair, the big eyes. Unf. I find him most attractive in that movie. I thought he did a good job with the acting.

I saw the light disappointed me. Tom clearly put his soul into it but I felt like the overall movie was awful (not his fault).
That movie and Kong were the only movies I could not sit for. I've tried many many times but I didn't connect with them.
1628382164762.png

1628382193116.png

Either Adam or Loki, this look DEFINITELY suits me and it's what my dreams are made of!

I couldn't do Kong. I tried. I really, really, really tried. Like literally 5 or 6 times I tried to watch it and i just couldn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I struggle watching Tom in other roles because I just see Loki. Not because he's not a great actor but because he IS Loki to me. It's a real case of someone being born to play that one role above all others, imho.

Loki, his character in Kong, as Robert Laing in High Rise or as Prince Hal/Henry V are my favourites
His character in Kong -whose name nobody seems to remember- was mainly remarkable because he was BUFF in it 😍πŸ₯΅, let's be honest here. And with a bit of sensitivity, hidden behind the eyes of someone who has seen the horrors of war πŸ˜πŸ™ˆ... what's not to like??
It doesn't make the movie more cohesive though. But thanks for the fan service.

Reactions: 3
His character in Kong -whose name nobody seems to remember- was mainly remarkable because he was BUFF in it 😍πŸ₯΅
No shade here but this was the ONLY reason why I made it to the 1 hour and 10 minutes mark.
I struggle watching Tom in other roles because I just see Loki. Not because he's not a great actor but because he IS Loki to me. It's a real case of someone being born to play that one role above all others, imho.
Erm.....I differ so so so much with you here.
Though RIGHT NOW I couldn't fathom another actor playing Loki, the same way I couldn't see anyone but CH playing Thor, I do see the difference between his characters and the range of emotions he carries with them.
I, personally, wouldn't want him to play Loki till he is 70, probably 2 more years and let's be done with it.
I am dying to see him do other things other than MCU.
He did Betrayal, fine, but not many of us (or his fans) were able to see that.
He's done MCU movies, and only MCU related projects since Infinity War ( if I am not mistaken). I want him to broaden his horizons already.
Loki will always have a piece of my heart but I am ready to move on from it.

Any role where he's buff I'll watch ☺, and the dancing ...... oh and don't forget the bit High Rise where he meets his neighbour for the first time ☺

His character in Kong -whose name nobody seems to remember- was mainly remarkable because he was BUFF in it 😍πŸ₯΅, let's be honest here. And with a bit of sensitivity, hidden behind the eyes of someone who has seen the horrors of war πŸ˜πŸ™ˆ... what's not to like??
It doesn't make the movie more cohesive though. But thanks for the fan service.
The movie was weird, think I've said before it kind went off at a tangent and ending was well different. Brie Larson play a good part. But if it hadn't been for Tom I wouldn't have persevered with it

I always feel terrible when I think of him doing Shakespeare bc I cannot understand it at all. Like I tried watching the hollow crown with subtitles to try to understand it and I spent the whole thing being so confused. I had literally no idea wtf was going on.

Its almost like talking in another language. Like I was watching people speak Greek for the whole thing and trying to rely on their reactions and tone of voice.

In high school we read Hamlet but in modern English and we watched the Mel Gibson movie and I got it. Same with Macbeth. But i always feel like such an idiot trying to watch/listen to real Shakespeare.

Tom would shun me😟lolπŸ˜…. Do people take classes to understand this stuff? Like did Tom go to Shakespeare class or am I just an idiot? I found advanced math easier to understand than this in school.

Thus ends my rant bc it was mentioned that someone likes him as Hal.

• Haha
I always feel terrible when I think of him doing Shakespeare bc I cannot understand it at all. Like I tried watching the hollow crown with subtitles to try to understand it and I spent the whole thing being so confused. I had literally no idea wtf was going on.

Its almost like talking in another language. Like I was watching people speak Greek for the whole thing and trying to rely on their reactions and tone of voice.

In high school we read Hamlet but in modern English and we watched the Mel Gibson movie and I got it. Same with Macbeth. But i always feel like such an idiot trying to watch/listen to real Shakespeare.

Tom would shun me😟lolπŸ˜…. Do people take classes to understand this stuff? Like did Tom go to Shakespeare class or am I just an idiot? I found advanced math easier to understand than this in school.

Yes he would have studied Shakespeare and he studied Latin. To get some of the language you have to understand the origin of some words. I get some of it and I mean some but not a lot (I studied Latin for a bit and language origin I find fascinating but mine started from a research/history perspective, there are videos on TikTok where the guy explains origin of words which is done in a great way.
I've just watched a clip of Tom and Zawe doing a read through of Kitty's Labour scene from Anna Karenina from 2019 and the audience is howling with laughter. Not sure why, it's meant to be a serious scene

Last edited:

I wonder if you need to watch it as a proper play? Tom in Coriolanus was excellent, and easy to follow I thought. I have studied English Literature though ( not to a high level, but you have to do a lot of Shakespeare so get used to the language) It much easier to understand if you watch rather than read, and watch a good stage production, as they were meant to be performed. As a trained actor, I would imagine he would have studied a lot of Shakespeare.

I wonder if you need to watch it as a proper play? Tom in Coriolanus was excellent, and easy to follow I thought. I have studied English Literature though ( not to a high level, but you have to do a lot of Shakespeare so get used to the language) It much easier to understand if you watch rather than read, and watch a good stage production, as they were meant to be performed. As a trained actor, I would imagine he would have studied a lot of Shakespeare.
I remember understanding Hamlet the movie but could also be that we read the common English one first.

I wanted to watch Coriolanus so I read the plot prior, but the subject matter seemed very boring to me and I felt like I would not be able to pay attention if I was bored (just being truthful with myself...). Even if Tom is in it I cannot pay attention to stuff long term if I find it dull.

I would like to see a Shakespeare play one day, maybe Macbeth as I don't recall the plot except there was lots of death and I thought it was interesting. I think the idea was like killing gets easier if you do it multiple times? Something like that. Probably wrong.

Somewhere, tom felt me type that all out and flinched I'm sure 🀣

• Haha
I have just used the actor search on my digital box and saw an episode of Top Gear with Tom Hiddleston. It was filmed when he was in Coriolanus. For those not familiar he gives a short interview and has to drive a lap of the race track in a standard car (in this series it was a Vauxhall Astra) and the time is recorded and the stars on each week try to do better than each other. I felt sorry for him as he stalled the car but still beat Hugh Bonneville's time. He also spoke about his first car which he had all throughout his 20's, a Peugeot 106.

No shade here but this was the ONLY reason why I made it to the 1 hour and 10 minutes mark.

Erm.....I differ so so so much with you here.
That's cool, I realise I'm likely in a minority with that one. I think it's mainly because I've not seen much else Tom has been in yet but I'm going to check out the Night Manager, finally, just because of how much everyone raves about it...that may well change my opinion.

That's cool, I realise I'm likely in a minority with that one. I think it's mainly because I've not seen much else Tom has been in yet but I'm going to check out the Night Manager, finally, just because of how much everyone raves about it...that may well change my opinion.
I'm sure you will!!!! Hahaha it was the best! I can go on and on about it