Tom and Giovanna Fletcher

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is strange. Though funnily enough I know a family with three sons who did it the other way. The older two boys are called Tom and Ben and then the youngest has an extremely unusual name. I always felt like his parents maybe were having a mid life crisis and panicked they hadn’t been creative enough before. Maybe Tom and Gi felt the opposite “ok, time to tone it down.” Possibly sick of seeing people trying to hide their reactions when they ask “aww what’s his name?”
Bit late to the party as I’ve just found this thread 😂

But my Uncle and his wife did the same. They have Alicia, Codie, Olivia (all fairly common around the time of their births), and then the youngest is Emmeline! Just found it a bit odd how they had three normal names and then one that’s quite different

Love the name Emmeline! Did they shorten it to Emma?

My siblings all have nice, normal names but I got lumbered with an ‘old’ name which I hated when I was younger! Was very jealous of my siblings. I was named after a Great Aunt who died just before I was born.

I would have happily booked in and can afford it it’s not that expensive
To be honest it’s not the price it’s the principle and throwaway value.,I had no idea it was a thing to book into a hotel just to get sleep when you have a baby. It sounds ridiculous. Especially when you have a massive house. I could pay for it but I couldn’t justify it. But I also wouldn’t want to leave my baby.

Reactions: 2
To be honest it’s not the price it’s the principle and throwaway value.,I had no idea it was a thing to book into a hotel just to get sleep when you have a baby. It sounds ridiculous. Especially when you have a massive house. I could pay for it but I couldn’t justify it. But I also wouldn’t want to leave my baby.
I would! If I’m in the house I don’t get sleep because even though their dad is with them, they still seek me out 🙈🙈😂😂

Reactions: 6
Anybody seen the snide jokes at ad and spon on her stories. What a bellend, gone down massively in my books the privileged prat.

I would! If I’m in the house I don’t get sleep because even though their dad is with them, they still seek me out 🙈🙈😂😂
Personally I'd stay at home and send the kids/dad to a hotel.

I'd sleep better in my own bed and also not have to get up and packed in time to check out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Anybody seen the snide jokes at ad and spon on her stories. What a bellend, gone down massively in my books the privileged prat.
IMO, bellend is one of the greatest gifts the British have given the English language. Up there with Shakespeare's contributions, I reckon. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
A gifted mud kitchen 🙄 that they could easily afford. And Tom hasn’t declared it as a gift though I think Gi has. Honestly, it makes you a bit sick, loaded and so much free stuff!

Reactions: 9
A gifted mud kitchen 🙄 that they could easily afford. And Tom hasn’t declared it as a gift though I think Gi has. Honestly, it makes you a bit sick, loaded and so much free stuff!
All he’s said is ‘thanks for sending it’ 🙄 This is why I unfollowed them....they can clearly afford whatever they want. Accept the gift but donate it instead!!!

Reactions: 7
All he’s said is ‘thanks for sending it’ 🙄 This is why I unfollowed them....they can clearly afford whatever they want. Accept the gift but donate it instead!!!
It’s not even about them getting it as a gift it’s the fact they don’t declare and then get snippy about it.That whole disney holiday was gifted including the flights and not once did they mention it.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Greed is what it boils down to.
Imagine being wealthy to their extent, yet lap up every ad and spon deal offered (with patchy decelerations), with hints/begs for stuff. It makes me think they’re just a pair of rich scutters.
Was surprised to see that they paid for the cheeky wipes themselves, how long until they’re conveniently sent a bundle as a gift...

Reactions: 3
I am so tempted to comment on his post to say he needs to declare it as gifted. I also thought you had to declare it at the beginning of a caption not at the end like Gi has 🤔

Edit - screw it just left a comment saying he hasn't declared it...when you get given stuff for free at least be humble enough to follow the rules

Reactions: 10
I bought one of these kitchens a few months ago after saving up for one as they are pretty pricey. I’ve since noticed the company have gifted a few to the likes of Pentland and now the Fletchers and was initially a little disappointed however they are a small family run business and I guess the free publicity will get them a lot of new followers which is only a good thing for them.

Reactions: 5
As long as things are declared properly I don't have an issue with freebies. Let's be honest, would you all give away something if you could also afford it? I don't think I would, I'd look to increase awareness or ensure my offerings elsewhere were fair but I dont think I would turn down certain things.

I'm pretty sure they would be offered a lot of things and they turn them down, at least the things they take appear to fit with their ethos/family life. I've mentioned before on here, I'm less "bothered" regarding the influence here because they are actually "celebrities" and have much more money and a different lifestyle to me (unlike the more average instamum who claims to be just like me).

That said, it should still be declared. In terms of heat, The Fletchers seem to get a fairly positive reaction and so a smaller company using them as an advertising platform, does make sense. Yes they could afford it but I'd bet the company will get a fair few orders extra by featuring a McFly member and his author wife.

Anyone know why the publication of Eve of Man 2 has been pushed back by 8 months!!!??? (This August to next April) Seems a long time to push a book release back by!

Probably due to her unplanned pregnancy and he’s been having a lot of trouble with his eye, so obviously couldn’t write?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.