Tom and Giovanna Fletcher

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fine heroes and all that but you have to consider other things, like whether it’s a good name for child in London circa 2019. “Buddy” Holly suits a fifties rockstar who was as American as they come. Not this kid. Holly would genuinely have been better even for a boy.
Buzz aldrin I never even think about how weird that that’s his name. Surely short for something? Of course I, and probably most people he will ever meet, just think of Lightyear right away.

I agree they may well go the middle name route. Having to do that because your celebrity parents gave you such a ridiculous name is almost as cliche as them doing it in the first place. Hello “Zowie” Bowie who was first Joe then Duncan Jones. as ordinary as they come.
I know a Buddy and that seems quite normal to me, Jaime Oliver has one and Buddy Holly has made it a known name.
The only other Buzz I’ve heard of is Frank Skinner’s son (poor poor kid on so many levels) it’s just too trendy for me. I got the Buzz Aldrin association, but it’s not Buzz’s name. It’s just an annoying noise a bee makes.
Max, well what is that after Buzz and Buddy, a normal, very common name... so strange.

It is strange. Though funnily enough I know a family with three sons who did it the other way. The older two boys are called Tom and Ben and then the youngest has an extremely unusual name. I always felt like his parents maybe were having a mid life crisis and panicked they hadn’t been creative enough before. Maybe Tom and Gi felt the opposite “ok, time to tone it down.” Possibly sick of seeing people trying to hide their reactions when they ask “aww what’s his name?”

Reactions: 2
Can you afford the Hilton? I sure can’t. I just didn’t relate to that at all.
No I couldn’t but wouldn’t say no if I could. I know I’m not going to be able to relate to everything she does as I’m not a famous millionaire but that’s no reason not to like her x

Reactions: 8
To be fair, I’ve read her book and she didn’t book herself into the Hilton - Tom was on tour and she went to stay with him in Manchester for a few days (if I remember rightly).

I agree it’s not relatable - but she’s married to a famous musician. That’s not relatable to most people.

Reactions: 9
I don’t have anything against her really, but did have to unfollow her about a year ago as she is really bloody annoying on social media!!!

She writes a cracking book though, I love her stuff. They definitely have more talent and work harder than 90% of other instafamiles combined.
Do you think so? I read Billy and me a few years ago and I thought it was dreadful! Really badly written, I could barely finish it - and that says a lot as I am a real bookworm and read books constantly and it’s not often I come across something I really don’t want to finish.

Reactions: 6
Do you think so? I read Billy and me a few years ago and I thought it was dreadful! Really badly written, I could barely finish it - and that says a lot as I am a real bookworm and read books constantly and it’s not often I come across something I really don’t want to finish.
Have to agree on this one. Didn't like her books. Seemed very amateurish (like most of the vloggers!).

I follow her and the other McFly wives. They're OK. Gi doesn't vlog as much now just does rambling insta stories. She umms and ahhs a lot, I find it quite annoying. Izzy (married to Harry) is very 'nice'. I think her and Harry have gorgeous children. They're very cute, love little Lola as she reminds me of my own daughter when she was a toddler! Georgia Jones (married to Danny) only started vlogging while pregnant. I liked her at first but now she does too many AD's!

I never got into Billy and me but the book she wrote with Tom 'Eve of Man' is brilliant!

Reactions: 1
I haven’t read that one (I think it has a sequel as well) so can’t comment, but loved a few of her others! Sometimes you get a book you just don’t click with though, happens to all us bookworms 😊

I enjoyed Eve of man and look forward to the sequel. I've not tried any of her other books. I chose that one as I was interested in the concept.

I don't follow her because she is 'relatable' - she is a published author married to a famous musician. I follow her because I quite enjoy seeing the stuff she chooses to share. And I like that I see a woman with a top knot and sloppy joggers hanging out with her kids day to day.

Reactions: 7
I haven’t read that one (I think it has a sequel as well) so can’t comment, but loved a few of her others! Sometimes you get a book you just don’t click with though, happens to all us bookworms 😊
Maybe I will give some of her other books a try. A few people have commented that Eve of man is great so i will add that to my list. With Billy and me it wasn’t just I didn’t click with it, I’ve read lots of books that after reading them I could say that it was a good/well written book even if didn’t particularly like the plot or a certain character or whatever but with Billy and me it was more the language, the flow and sentence structure was just really bad, almost like it was written by a child or teenager. But heyho, just my opinion.

Maybe I will give some of her other books a try. A few people have commented that Eve of man is great so i will add that to my list. With Billy and me it wasn’t just I didn’t click with it, I’ve read lots of books that after reading them I could say that it was a good/well written book even if didn’t particularly like the plot or a certain character or whatever but with Billy and me it was more the language, the flow and sentence structure was just really bad, almost like it was written by a child or teenager. But heyho, just my opinion.
Last one of hers I read was some kind of wonderful, and I enjoyed it. Can’t remember much about it now mind you, read a few months ago, which doesn’t speak too highly of it I suppose! I also need to give eve of man a read

It was a gifted trip as a thank you for previous advertising ! It was a family holiday hence the reason they didn’t post anything other than the next adverts. That is why they were nt posting while they were there
But when they went the year before they didn't declare it as gifted and that trip was free as well for 'advertising'!

Why on earth does Disney need to advertise via C list celebrities, if at all?!

Reactions: 6
It was a gifted trip as a thank you for previous advertising ! It was a family holiday hence the reason they didn’t post anything other than the next adverts. That is why they were nt posting while they were there
under the guidelines, they still were supposed to declare that the trip was gifted.

Reactions: 3
Why if they were on a family holiday and weren’t promoting anything ?all the pics that were posted were family pics not promotional bar the next ones that they did promote
More people need to thoroughly read the asa guidelines. Picking up bloggers and influencers (h8 that word) for not declaring when they actually don’t hav 2 if not bein paid and/or told what to post!!

Reactions: 1
It’s dodgy territory. From what I understand, brands gift things with the guise of it being just that, a gift. They say ‘have a holiday on us’ and leave the creative control to the influencers. They know the influencers will post content, because it’s in their interest to. Other brands, such as TUI, will see their excellent brand representation that they provided for Disney, and will gift them a holiday, or whatever. It’s not as simple as only having to declare if the brand has creative control. Very grey area imo.

More people need to thoroughly read the asa guidelines. Picking up bloggers and influencers (h8 that word) for not declaring when they actually don’t hav 2 if not bein paid and/or told what to post!!
They DO have to state even if they weren’t paid for anything this time around that they have worked with the brand in the past. Didn’t do that either.

Reactions: 3
They DO have to state even if they weren’t paid for anything this time around that they have worked with the brand in the past. Didn’t do that either.
That’s true yes, again if paid and told what to say.

Just a bug bear of mine that many are quick to drag peeps down without actualy understanding the correct rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.