Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #8 she had some kids and promotes some coats

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you fund the trip with the donations?
I thought she paid for the trip herself and the donations are all for coppafeel?!
According to the website, there's an absolute minimum you try to raise and if you hit that target I think Coppafeel fund some of your expenses for you? Or something along those lines.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Do you fund the trip with the donations?
I thought she paid for the trip herself and the donations are all for coppafeel?!
I imagine she will get a free pass by the charity regardless of how much she raises but everyone else would have to raise a minimum amount. Same with London marathon charity places. There may be an initial registration fee like £50. It must work for the charities so it’s good in that respect but for the individual taking part they are essentially getting everyone else to pay for their challenge / trip! So if the same person is doing something like this every year it just becomes like you are helping to fund their annual holiday!

I have actually wondered if Gi is paid by the charity at all, given it’s an annual thing and she does a lot of PR for them. Not sure what the relationship is, is she an ambassador / patron? Not spent any time looking into it, just crossed my mind.

These are the amounts

59D50B84-5CFB-4A05-9DE2-FA6B7A5C169D.jpeg

Reactions: 2
Gi clearly had not raised the interim amount of £1,400 16 weeks ago. It's only the £1,000 donation 2 days ago which has bumped her over that now.

Like @Tofino says, I agree she is probably given a free pass on the trip regardless of the amount as it is her name that draws in other people. Celebrities. Charities using each other in a mutually beneficial arrangement is nothing new. The charity gets the money, the celebrity gets an image boost and exposure, and a nice ego massage by taking the majority of the plaudits. Fair enough.

However, I do feel celebrities should feel a moral responsibility to abide by the same fundraising deadlines and amounts as everyone else, especially if they are positioning themselves as a leader on the trip, and especially if they are as passionate about the charity as they tend to claim they are. It may well be that Gi goes on to exceed the £2,750 (even if she tops it up herself) and I genuinely hope a lot of money is raised overall.

From the facts as we can see them though, Gi has already demonstrated that she does not hold herself to the same fundraising standards that the charity expects of everyone else.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
That woman Vicki Patterson has also gone on this trek and I believe she paid all the sponsorship herself and is using the trip as PR. She has had nothing on her socials about sponsorship at all. Bet she paid for her Mum too, so whilst the charity get the threshold monies the ‘celebs’ (term used very loosely) get weeks worth of PR and other brand deals which is wrong!!

Reactions: 2
She's a patron for them. Its likely that she pays for her own travel and contributes an amount yearly. She lowers her tax bill by making charitable donations. These celebs aren't charitable for the good of it!

Reactions: 8
Gi on Ayda Williams' (Robbie's wife) podcast. The thing that 'brings her to the edge' is Tom not opening the bathroom door quietly when he comes to bed late.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh my god! How OLD is she looking these days?! She’s always looked older than her years and I know she’s just done some charity thing, but she seriously looks 60+. 😱😱
Omg I just had to go and watch her story to check you’d not put that through an app to make her look like that 🤣 bloody hell she looks awful.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
"Tom and Giovanna Fletcher seemed in high spirits" said the Daily Mail.

Tom looks miserable.
Woud go more with shattered from single parenting 3, for a week…they do seem much more together this last 6 months, which is really lovely to see :)

Reactions: 4
"Tom and Giovanna Fletcher seemed in high spirits" said the Daily Mail.

Tom looks miserable.
That is not a happy man. He looks in the midst of depression. He always looks miserable, his body language is always closed off and defensive and his grimace of a smile is so forced and never reaches his eyes. The man is not happy.

Reactions: 9
Just saw Gi's new play announcement and genuinely thought she had been appointed as Lord Sugar's new advisor on the next series of The Apprentice.

(Also, sigh... yet more stunt casting for the Fletcher family)

• Haha
Reactions: 1