Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #3 Jordan North should’ve won.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah he’s got worse and worse since finding some success on YouTube and then spending his entire existence on Instagram getting likes for validation.

Reactions: 8
He's reminds me of Eddie the Eagle ( and not the Taron Egerton version).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve got this awful feeling he’s going to be good 🙈
The problem is when those high scores come in he won’t be able to look sincere or shocked. Pure smug. I hope to be stood corrected!! I can imagine he’s trying to get his kids into watching all the old Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies while practising the routines.

Roughly estimating from his height/build I would pair him with Amy, Katya or possibly Jeanette. Katya I would guess not, for obvious reasons 😂 There’s a new female dancer so could be her.
Sorry, I just got curious - I don't live in the UK and don't watch Strictly - why "not Katya for obvious reasons"?

Sorry, I just got curious - I don't live in the UK and don't watch Strictly - why "not Katya for obvious reasons"?
They all fall in love with her (I think that’s what they mean)…. Oooohhh I wonder if they’ll survive the strictly curse

Lol Katya, who was married to another strictly professional on the show (Neil Jones) had a ‘dalliance’ with her celeb partner at the time Sean...? that was captured by the press 🙈 suffice to say, Katya and Neil divorced maybe a year after. If you google Katya and Sean I’m sure it will still be up there!
For that reason I’m thinking she will be a no-go for Tom.

Thinking he's the star because he was revealed first, I bet Tom is secretly fuming that Adam Peaty is doing Strictly too.

Reactions: 3
Adam Peaty is doing strictly? Oh he's got to be odds favourite over Tom surely??

Reactions: 7
Adam Peaty is doing strictly? Oh he's got to be odds favourite over Tom surely??
Unless Tom is Fred Astaires reincarnation he doesn’t really stand much of chance in the popular vote. He’s there in the has been pop star role who usually don’t fare well especially male has beens. I know Jay and Harry won but they were fantastic dancers but they weren’t exactly has beens when they took part.

Based off popular vote for the celeb alone (I know many including myself who will vote based on their favourite pro dancers) and not their current skill level which is currently unknown I’d rank the males

John Whaite- really quite a “who” moment for a lot of people.
Tom Fletcher- bit of a has been and proper cringe
Rhys Stephenson-don’t really know much about him other than he’s on CBBC.
Greg Wise-seems he could do well with the older voter.
Dan Walker-always seems like a nice guy. Strikes me as one who could get further than you think.
Robert Webb- very well known could end up
Being a bill Bailey type dark horse.
Adam Peaty- popular athlete at the moment and has the drive and determination to do well but could potentially get accused of arrogance.

Plus unknown to still to be announced.

Reactions: 3
Let’s face it, you gotta be a bit sexy to really get far on strictly. Look at that Jake guy off eastenders - never would’ve thought it myself but some of the dances he did were sexy and he got far in the show! Jay, Danny, Harry - you get the ladies going on a Saturday night and you’re in it for the long haul haha.

There’s not a sexy bone in Tom’s body. He’ll potentially do well in like waltzes and foxtrot type things but samba? Nah.

Reactions: 11
I can see Tom getting a little lost in the line up particularly if he's a bit uptight and thinks he's better than he is! I can definitely see him trying to be Joe Sugg Mk 2 and believing his own hype; wearing quirky suits and glasses on the dancefloor, social media presence, lots of production value to his dances, bit of a diva 😂
He seems to be regressing to an overgrown teenager despite being a married father of 3 😬
I hadn't even thought about him doing Latin or god forbid, streetdance!

Tilly and Rhys could easily capture the kids' vote/family vote. Robert Webb should be a bit of a favourite and good in latin and ballroom (latin frequently being the male celeb's downfall 😂)
I could see Greg Wise staying in a while due to his profile however his personality might be an issue if it's the same as GBBO. If he's able to Dad-dance his way through the latin he should get through on comedy-low scores.
AJ and Judi seem like they'd be good for a laugh ☺

I'm a bit worried about Adam going out early-ish if he's a nervous dancer. I don't really know anything of his personality, hopefully that gets him part of the way.

Reactions: 7
Tom hasn’t got the charisma or the sex appeal to do well. cant imagine him having any chemistry with his partner. Think of Oti & Kelvin Fletcher - they were on fire together. Can’t see Tom having that chemistry with anyone.
he will 100% ham up the whole Joe Sugg thing - the comedy oversized glasses, lots of trying to be funny slapstick dancing and Trying to be a bit wacky in the behind the scenes VT etc
lots of shots of Giovanna looking like a 45 year old frump in the audience

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Unless Tom is Fred Astaires reincarnation he doesn’t really stand much of chance in the popular vote. He’s there in the has been pop star role who usually don’t fare well especially male has beens. I know Jay and Harry won but they were fantastic dancers but they weren’t exactly has beens when they took part.

Based off popular vote for the celeb alone (I know many including myself who will vote based on their favourite pro dancers) and not their current skill level which is currently unknown I’d rank the males

John Whaite- really quite a “who” moment for a lot of people.
Tom Fletcher- bit of a has been and proper cringe
Rhys Stephenson-don’t really know much about him other than he’s on CBBC.
Greg Wise-seems he could do well with the older voter.
Dan Walker-always seems like a nice guy. Strikes me as one who could get further than you think.
Robert Webb- very well known could end up
Being a bill Bailey type dark horse.
Adam Peaty- popular athlete at the moment and has the drive and determination to do well but could potentially get accused of arrogance.

Plus unknown to still to be announced.
Did you see Robert Webb win Let's Dance for Comic Relief? A while ago but he was brilliant.

Reactions: 8
From the Guardian today:

‘ Fletcher is a talented songwriter and children’s author, but make no mistake: he is only here because his wife won I’m a Celebrity last year. Can you imagine living in that house? Can you imagine cowering in your room to escape the sheer passive aggression of Tom and Giovanna endlessly trying to outdo each other on their comparative reality TV popularity? The endless red-eyed, ear-splitting arguments about whether or not doing a quickstep to an ironic novelty hit is more gruelling than having to share a campsite with Vernon Kay? It’d be like Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Tom had better win Strictly, for the sake of his marriage’

Sorry here is the link: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ctly-come-dancing-2021-the-contestants-ranked

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.