Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #3 Jordan North should’ve won.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that was so so intrusive to that poor lady.
Also quite dangerous... the lady sounds like she could be in a lot of distress and maybe even at risk of harm. Gi should be reminding her followers that she cannot always respond to ever message and advise them to contact relevant services/GP.

Sharing those messages might encourage others to contact her in a mental health crisis and expect a reply or response like this.

Reactions: 24
Also quite dangerous... the lady sounds like she could be in a lot of distress and maybe even at risk of harm. Gi should be reminding her followers that she cannot always respond to ever message and advise them to contact relevant services/GP.

Sharing those messages might encourage others to contact her in a mental health crisis and expect a reply or response like this.
100% this!!!!
Hi everyone, lets just all see how many messages I get and discuss it so I can get more interaction on a post and sod any actual advice to this woman who is messaging me throughout the night clearly in distress

Reactions: 21

Also, as per usual, her ‘advice’ was about as much use as a chocolate teapot - ask for help when we need it.

Many parents don’t have a source of help

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The cynic in me says it's made up and just for engagement...she's had over 3K comments on the post.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Totally agree.

Reactions: 2
This absolutely shows the shallow world of influencer culture. This Possibly made up woman believes Gi is her friend and is reaching out as you may do a friend. Gi does not feel the same but is happy to ignore this woman's pleas while using the clearly distressed woman's pleas for engagement.

I hope the lady can get signposted to real help and gets some support. And Gi gives her head a wobble.

Reactions: 19
If they are comparing her hair to Victoria Beckham, Posh spice hair do then I am gonna live my life thinking I look like Bella Hadid

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The time it took her to screenshot that and post it…she could have just responded.
But then her adoring masses wouldnt know that she was super caring and worried about other mums. Id be interested what the time frame was between those 1st 2 messages that she ignored (if they are real)

Reactions: 12
I normally like the Happy Mum Happy BNaby podcasts but that greg Rutherford one was actually pretty bad. I felt like he talked about himself the whole time and her questions just fueled it rather than actually talking about his kids or poor wife. Even when he was talking about her HG it was more about how Greg had to do everrrrything for her.

I don't necessarily think it would be appropriate for her to have replied to the woman. She's not qualified in any way and it sets a dangerous precedent in terms of parasocial relationships - she's obviously not going to actually become lifelong friends with this woman, in which case when do you stop the flow of communication with someone in such a dark place? It also clearly wasn't remotely bloody appropriate for her to repost the DM publicly! I feel like that sends totally the wrong message, not only to this woman but thousands of others who adore Giovanna and now believe that sending her a distressing DM is either 1 - the answer to their problems or 2 - a way of getting some attention from the first mum to walk the earth, depending on the integrity of the person.

Imo, the most sensible course of action would've been to put out a general post saying that she had received some DMs from people reaching out for help - not specifying any post in particular - empathetically explaining that whilst it is difficult to speak out, she is not a professional and there are other avenues which are far more equipped to support them, then imploring them to visit their GP or call the Samaritans, or any other agencies she might want to take a few moments to research (with the numbers included). It isn't unfeeling and disconnected, but it also isn't self-serving (at best) and dangerous (at worst).

What do I know though, I'm not Posh Spice 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I normally like the Happy Mum Happy BNaby podcasts but that greg Rutherford one was actually pretty bad. I felt like he talked about himself the whole time and her questions just fueled it rather than actually talking about his kids or poor wife. Even when he was talking about her HG it was more about how Greg had to do everrrrything for her.
"Poor wife" I don't think so 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.