Toby & Roo # 2 Hubbies playing away, better keep those frown lines at bay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope they're all going to be OK on this holiday. I'm really worried for them to be honest. We looked at that hotel very recently, same airport, same airline, similar aged kids. It's a 3* with not great reviews and it's cheap (under £2k all inclusive for a family of 5). I don't know how they're going to manage staying in a hotel with such a low star rating when they're used to the gifted luxury experiences. Some of us remember the gifted trip to Haven where they had the nicest accommodation in a brand new area of the park and unlimited access to all of the activities without the usual riff raff. Not to mention all of the surprise trips to Disney. No wonder the boy is complaining. They're practically in slums by their standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
One of my kids is a similar age to Toby. They've never been abroad, let alone on a private transfer from the airport. If my kid was annoyed that they had to use the bus transfer instead of a private one they would be getting a lecture on how bloody lucky they are to have had enough holidays to know that a private transfer is even a thing!
The irony that 24 hours before she’s giving her commentary on financial hardship to the public….

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Yeah, I think a holiday like this is going to be a shock to them. It’s not awful, but it’s not what they are used to. I suspect her days of blagging expensive free holidays are well over. Her kids are too old and not “Disney cute” anymore and they aren’t exactly a photogenic family that would appeal to companies. (I can’t stand Laura Dove for example but her kids and her images etc are more “appealing” to brands than Harriet with her boobs hanging out and fake freckles)

I don’t feel sorry for them though. We haven’t had a holiday for three years and can’t afford one this year and neither can my next door neighbour. A 2k holiday is a dream right now for us.

Reactions: 11
Wow she doesn’t see how hypocritical she’s being does she 🤦‍♀️

Whinging about her kid FaceTiming a friend while she’s got her phone out (again!) filming herself and him for all her followers to gawp at….
I know which one is more normal and morally acceptable imo 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Can someone please tell me what has happened to the dog??
I was thinking the same she used to post about him loads. Maybe it was actually her mums dog?

He got a phone for his birthday… even though they all already have iPads 🙄 but yes she’s so #relatable

Why is she letting her 11 yr old walk around in FaceTime? My son is same age and won’t be getting a phone until secondary school so unnecessary! I don’t think she seems to set any boundaries for her kids cos her and Adam just behave like kids themselves!

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I think a holiday like this is going to be a shock to them. It’s not awful, but it’s not what they are used to. I suspect her days of blagging expensive free holidays are well over. Her kids are too old and not “Disney cute” anymore and they aren’t exactly a photogenic family that would appeal to companies. (I can’t stand Laura Dove for example but her kids and her images etc are more “appealing” to brands than Harriet with her boobs hanging out and fake freckles)

I don’t feel sorry for them though. We haven’t had a holiday for three years and can’t afford one this year and neither can my next door neighbour. A 2k holiday is a dream right now for us.
Yesss!!!!!! Another person I've found fed up with Laura Dove and her kids 👏👏. Blagging holidays left right and centre ...

Reactions: 10
She gave a talk in York this week about growing your Instagram following 😂 what by buying followers?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had to follow her after she used a photo of herself at her sons grave for an AD
Utterly shameless
Always having illnesses that family...until a gifted holiday arrives/weekend away...and then back home...unwell again. Boils my piss!!!
Already hinted at lots of travels this year (posted with a gifted suncream pack ironically) ...but none of them bloody paid for!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

Reactions: 5
Always having illnesses that family...until a gifted holiday arrives/weekend away...and then back home...unwell again. Boils my piss!!!
Already hinted at lots of travels this year (posted with a gifted suncream pack ironically) ...but none of them bloody paid for!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡
Does she need a thread?? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well in her mind the kids don’t need to be in school but I’m pretty sure the school won’t agree.
Like a lot of mum instagrammers she’s going to have a hell of a shock at secondary school because they don’t take absences lightly and they don’t allow term time away stuff unless it’s really an emergency or medical. She will find the EWO is her newest biggest fan if she pulls this crap! 😂

Reactions: 8
In a comment on her grid she said the school approved it!!
There's no way the school authorised it, and if they did then why even mention the possibility of a fine? Our school are great and will tell the kids to enjoy their holiday, say they would do the same etc, but they simply can't authorise a family holiday. Notice how she's used the word APPROVE instead of authorise. They can approve of it all they want but its still an unauthorised absence.

School won’t have authorised it. They’ll have just decided it’s not worth a fight. I suspect they can’t wait to be shot of her when her kids move on to secondary. We had an “influencer” (I can’t say who but she’s known) who was local to us and her kids were at a local school and there was much relief when she moved away. She wasn’t loved by the school or her parent peers in the playground. Her kids were taken out of school for a holiday and there was a huge song and dance about it because she got away with it when other parents were told no.

Harriet, your lies will come back to bite you dear…

I find it so bizarre to not tell your kids you're going away. As a kid I'd have felt immense anxiety at just being told get up get ready we are jetting off now. What if they are worried they forgot something and they've had no time to prepare? I used to write lists and back everything into bags with said list to make sure I didn't forget it coming back either! I'd have hated to be told were going. Now. In fact I would have refused. I wouldn't have handled it at all. They are kids but they have their own ideas about what they'd like to do that week or the next day. Shes giving them no autonomy over their own lives

I find it so bizarre to not tell your kids you're going away. As a kid I'd have felt immense anxiety at just being told get up get ready we are jetting off now. What if they are worried they forgot something and they've had no time to prepare? I used to write lists and back everything into bags with said list to make sure I didn't forget it coming back either! I'd have hated to be told were going. Now. In fact I would have refused. I wouldn't have handled it at all. They are kids but they have their own ideas about what they'd like to do that week or the next day. Shes giving them no autonomy over their own lives
Half the fun of holidays as a kid was having a countdown, going to buy puzzle books to read and generally the excitement building
I have no idea why she does this. They clearly aren’t arsed or surprised. She probably does it so they don’t blab at school when she rings in sick 😂

There's no way the school authorised it, and if they did then why even mention the possibility of a fine? Our school are great and will tell the kids to enjoy their holiday, say they would do the same etc, but they simply can't authorise a family holiday. Notice how she's used the word APPROVE instead of authorise. They can approve of it all they want but its still an unauthorised absence.
It’s so dependant on the school. If attendance is generally good our head authorises holidays in term time

DECA9F2E-71B0-4E7B-828E-2FFFECCAFCB3.png

Can this be discussed

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.