Tiger King Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first episode of the podcast sheds a little bit of a backstory to Joe's character. It's actually pretty sad in my opinion.

Those poor animals
Thanks for sharing that important article. I knew Joe wasn't a good person but the claim that the enclosures at Carol's reserve was misrepresented for size is interesting. I did think it looked exceptionally bleak. I'm not sure how much of a moral highground we can give to Carol, for those exploitative hours the volunteers work alone. A decent person wouldn't allow people to work like that for free for them. I notice that's not addressed in the article. Still important that tiger reserves or posing with a cub is not cute and needs to end.

Reactions: 4
After watching this and then the Louis Theroux doc I'm glad that in the end he didn't euthanize 1400+ animals as he said to Louis. But still the level of cruelty and neglect they had to endure, especially towards the end is heartbreaking.

My mind is still blown that he was once a cop and a paramedic!

Reactions: 1
After watching this and then the Louis Theroux doc I'm glad that in the end he didn't euthanize 1400+ animals as he said to Louis. But still the level of cruelty and neglect they had to endure, especially towards the end is heartbreaking.

My mind is still blown that he was once a cop and a paramedic!
What?! Joe Exotic was a cop?!

Reactions: 1
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Fire away
I don't know what to ask really. The whole thing is just so bizarre!!

What enticed you to start training? Is it all really as crazy as it seems on the documentary?
Of course, please don't answer or share things if you're not comfortable in doing so.
If you prefer we can chat via pm and email if you like? My partner and I are genuinely interested.

Reactions: 3
I don't know what to ask really. The whole thing is just so bizarre!!

What enticed you to start training? Is it all really as crazy as it seems on the documentary?
Of course, please don't answer or share things if you're not comfortable in doing so.
If you prefer we can chat via pm and email if you like? My partner and I are genuinely interested.
No I’m happy to answer if it stops any young woman from going to his class or training or supporting anyone affiliated with his name. I fell in love with the hot yoga practice. I loved the challenge to try and stay alive in that heat for 90 minutes and you feel incredible after it. I didn’t know much about him as a person before except that he was a great teacher and that he got the best out of his students and that he was a little eccentric. Yes it’s true. Some of my friends feature in that documentary and it is no exaggeration. We were told by staff at training not to question anything but to just “trust the process” - I shoulda run then!

Reactions: 5
Omg, I’m cry laughing at the Trump/Joe pic. Just what I needed 😂😂😂

Reactions: 6
I've just finished the series!
I completely agree that the real Tiger Kings were Erik and John. You could see they really cared about the animals. My heart broke at one of Erik's last bits when he'd been drinking.

Reactions: 4
They were all as bad as each other to be honest, there were no winners or losers in this!!! They where all equally bat tit crazy

Got completely hooked on Tiger King. Felt so sad for Travis who shot himself. He also was caged by exotic joe. Joe now deserves to be caged how ironic.

Got completely hooked on Tiger King. Felt so sad for Travis who shot himself. He also was caged by exotic joe. Joe now deserves to be caged how ironic.
The reaction to his shooting himself on CCTV was abit odd, I dont know what I would do if I saw that right infront of me... but I dont think I'd just sit there with my mouth wide open x

The reaction to his shooting himself on CCTV was abit odd, I dont know what I would do if I saw that right infront of me... but I dont think I'd just sit there with my mouth wide open x
I mean, you can speculate all you like and even convince yourself what your reaction would be, but the truth is, most of us really can’t be sure until faced with such a situation itself.

It’s a split second act of traumatising violence that will change your life forever, you can never be fully prepared for something like that. So I feel like the standard definitions of “odd” and “normal” don’t really apply either when looking at someone else response, especially when it’s something that’s never happened to us.

Reactions: 18
Honestly I saw it as complete shock. It was as if his brain just shut down and was trying to compute and rationalise what he had just seen. It looked like he was waiting for it to be a joke. I really felt for him, how would you ever get over something like that.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
just complete shock honestly. I don't think any of us know how we'd react in such a situation.

There wasn't much he could do anyway, if he shot himself in the head. I'm sure it was very obvious that he wasn't going to be okay.

I found it shocking enough seeing the cctv of the reaction of those in the office. Even that is an intense piece of footage when you know what they are looking at.
I was also in slight disbelief that even this moment was caught on camera and inserted into the “plot” for our viewing entertainment. I’m not exactly saying they shouldn’t have used it because the whole series felt exploitative and surreal.