TiffanyThinks #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think many understand watch and wait?
Watch and wait usually always follows a partial or full (complete) response to treatment. If disease progresses, the patient comes of watch and wait and has surgery, radiation, starts a new line of treatment.
In 4 years my husband has been on 'watch and wait' 3 times. When the next scan has showed ACTIVE disease, he comes off watch and wait.
I see on tiffanys videos and on here that many don't appear to understand watch and wait and the reason it is part of standard care.
I totally agree. It is part of standard care in some special cases of rectal cancers . Barely (never ?) used for colon cancers and even low lying but a bit higher tumours like low sigmoid borderline rectum ( my dad had that).

Reactions: 6
I think if we step aside from our speculations for a moment and just look at Tiffany as she is at the moment, it's possible to see that she looks ill and is still very much in the grip of cancer and the bleeding, pain and vomiting must most likely be due to this.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Watch and wait usually always follows a partial or full (complete) response to treatment. If disease progresses, the patient comes of watch and wait and has surgery, radiation, starts a new line of treatment.
In 4 years my husband has been on 'watch and wait' 3 times. When the next scan has showed ACTIVE disease, he comes off watch and wait.
I see on tiffanys videos and on here that many don't appear to understand watch and wait and the reason it is part of standard care.
Trust me the regular posters here get it and understand WW. Articles and case studies have been posted here regarding Locally Advanced Colon Cancer t4b tumor that is located in the lower bowel.

• Heart
An I totally agree too about that part : when the scans show active disease you come off the watch and wait. That is the point of wait and watch …

Reactions: 2
Was she declared NED?..I don't think her surgeon said surgery wasn't appropriate,he did give her the choice along with the wait and watch option,she chose the second..she is under the best care in the best hospital but as usual with Tiffany she has led her religious freaks in her comments to complain about not only her surgeon but the hospital as a whole,those are the ones who should be blocked and deleted not the helpful ones.
She wasn't declared NED as far as we know.

The point is that she must have been told WHY the surgeon could not take the biopsy. And not that she knew or not ahead of the time about biopsies not happening.
of course she had to be told. she's never transparent.

Reactions: 5
I totally agree. It is part of standard care in some special cases of rectal cancers. Barely (never ?) used for colon cancers and even low lying but a bit higher tumours like low sigmoid borderline rectum ( my dad had that).
What do you mean by trial? Its confusing! Watch and wait is standard care, previously you said it wasn't?
I posted the NHS article in the last article, published by the christie in manchester. Watch and wait is very much an approach in colon cancer.
Sorry to read about your dad. My husband was diagnosed with cancer when he was 28 but unfortunately, it was advanced when diagnosed, now on palliative care.
I suspect her surgeon wants to watch and wait while there is no active disease on scans and biopsies? Yes the biopsy may have hit healthy tissue but scans are normally very accurate.
He did offer her surgery though. I think a few of the 'tiffanythinks family' forget that?!

• Sad
I think if we step aside from our speculations for a moment and just look at Tiffany as she is at the moment, it's possible to see that she looks ill and is still very much in the grip of cancer and the bleeding, pain and vomiting must most likely be due to this.
very much so, she wouldn't be on constant morphine if she wasn't very ill.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Vomiting can be due to anything like her previous sickness anesthetic and her dear friend morphine, pain and bleeding might come from the fact that the surgeon scratched and tried to cut and cut through the adhesions and fresh scar tissues caused by the radiation and the last biopsy…

• Sad
I do think it's an important point to make again that Tiffany did not utter anything about WW until her comments and this thread started talking about it. Her original video states the surgeon offered deferral of surgery for 6 weeks.

• Wow
I've just gone back to her video to check and I apologise, it was Matt who said that the surgeon said surgery might be better for her mental health. However watching the video again with fresh eyes and weeks down the line I'm genuinely shocked and I think Matt has quite a negative influence in her care.

Now when it comes to the video - She initially says that her options are - the surgery or 'deferral of surgery' (no mention of wait and watch) and I will loosely quote her here 'which entails waiting 6 weeks and having all the tests again, but this could mean the risk of it spreading to the liver or the lung or the cancer might have been there and it might become inoperable'.

Matt said that the surgeon recommended to wait but Tiffany corrected him and said that the surgeon told her that it is her decision. In this video Matt is pushing for her waiting, telling her the risk to reward of just waiting is brilliant. He said that it's better to take the risk and that 'we haven't really lost anything if you wait 6 weeks'. Tiffany then says it could become inoperable and Matt tells her the chances of that are slim (didn't know Matt was a qualified oncologist). Matt then says the surgeon want to and I quote, 'leave it and hope for the best'.

She then puts the question to her viewers, this is the video that I think started a lot of people's doubts in Tiffany, why on earth would you ask your viewers what they think she should do, like she's asking if she should have a curry or a chinese takeaway for tea.

I am very sceptical of using the term watch and wait now when it comes to Tiffany, this is NOT what her surgeon told her, she has picked up on this from comments and probably this thread and is now running with it. Her surgeon recommended deferral of surgery not a watch and wait approach.
yes but in later videos she put that decision onto not only her surgeon but her onoclogist with "they all recommend waiting"

Reactions: 9
yes but in later videos she put that decision onto not only her surgeon but her onoclogist with "they all recommend waiting"
this is why I now genuinely don't believe anything she says, too many things don't add up. Like the fact she made out she wasn't told it would be someone else carrying out her latest biopsies, that just wouldn't happen, unless the surgeon had an emergency which he obviously didn't since she spoke to him later on after she demanded to see him.

• Heart
People don’t understand because she went from a 6-9 month life expectancy and need for the most barbaric surgery there is, which no one would even attempt bar one man - to suggesting she is NED after treatment they told her didn’t work.

That’s why no one understands.
yea this too lol

I do think it's an important point to make again that Tiffany did not utter anything about WW until her comments and this thread started talking about it. Her original video states the surgeon offered deferral of surgery for 6 weeks.
Yes because prior to wait and watch you have to be stable for a while without treatment to be a « real » candidate I guess . So those 6 weeks are to check if she stays stable. If any active disease then it’s surgery or chemo or something depending on the findings/ the situation so no more wait and watch .

Reactions: 3
Vomiting can be due to anything like her previous sickness anesthetic and her dear friend morphine, pain and bleeding might come from the fact that the surgeon scratched and tried to cut and cut through the adhesions and fresh scar tissues caused by the radiation and the last biopsy…
All possible, yes. But she doesn't look well - lost a lot of weight.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yes because prior to wait and watch you have to be stable for a while without treatment to be a « real » candidate I guess . So those 6 weeks are to check if she stays stable. If any active disease then it’s surgery or chemo or something depending on the findings/ the situation so no more wait and watch .
I'm still very much of the belief she has picked up on WW from her comments and on this thread and has not been told this by anyone on her medical team. But then again we are all just as much in the dark as each other, all we can do is speculate because we don't and probably never will have the full picture.

Reactions: 8
Her tantrum about not seeing the main surgeon is unreal .I don't understand why she feels she has a right to a dedicated surgeon, especially under the NHS.

My Dad was under the care of the Royal Marsden for 17 months and the senior surgeon didn't perform EUA (examination under anaestethic) or biopsies.
He did the big boy surgeries such as bowel resections, removal of tumours, removal of cancerous tissues etc.

In that 17 months my Dad didn't always see the same oncologist/surgeon for outpatient appointments either. You're not going to see the same doctors/nurses/surgeons for every appointment or surgery or hospital admission. They work as a team.

I don't know what sort of bubble she's living in. She seems to have chosen self destruction by shitting all over the reputation of a renowned cancer hospital all because the nice looking Asian surgeon that she likes to cuddle didn't perform the investigative surgery.

I imagine after that outburst and pulling the main surgeon out of his clinic to see her, that they all have a very low opinion of her now and see her as one of those demanding 'difficult customer' types.
The self sabotage is off the scale.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
What do you mean by trial? Its confusing! Watch and wait is standard care, previously you said it wasn't?
I posted the NHS article in the last article, published by the christie in manchester. Watch and wait is very much an approach in colon cancer.
Sorry to read about your dad. My husband was diagnosed with cancer when he was 28 but unfortunately, it was advanced when diagnosed, now on palliative care.
I suspect her surgeon wants to watch and wait while there is no active disease on scans and biopsies? Yes the biopsy may have hit healthy tissue but scans are normally very accurate.
He did offer her surgery though. I think a few of the 'tiffanythinks family' forget that?!
Wait and watch is not standard care for stage 1 2 and 3 colon cancers . It’s different for rectal cancers or some advanced cancers . It’s different depending on the situation. If surgery is possible with great benefits surgery is always performed that is why we can consider wait and watch is only in some cases not the majority of colon cancers of all stages. But I am happy you are here to tell us that : wait and watch is not so rare. Many people doubt about that on here.
Really sorry to read about your husband … He is so young … I hope he is ok …

• Heart
Reactions: 7
All possible, yes. But she doesn't look well - lost a lot of weight.
also has she even stopped bleeding ?? I know last we heard it got very light but it was still blood and mucus.

Her tantrum about not seeing the main surgeon is unreal .I don't understand why she feels she has a right to a dedicated surgeon, especially under the NHS.

My Dad was under the care of the Royal Marsden for 17 months and the senior surgeon didn't perform EUA (examination under anaestethic) or biopsies.
He did the big boy surgeries such as bowel resections, removal of tumours, removal of cancerous tissues etc.

In that 17 months my Dad didn't always see the same oncologist/surgeon for outpatient appointments either. You're not going to see the same doctors/nurses/surgeons for every appointment or surgery or hospital admission. They work as a team.

I don't know what sort of bubble she's living in. She seems to have chosen self destruction by shitting all over the reputation of a renowned cancer hospital all because the nice looking Asian surgeon that she likes to cuddle didn't perform the investigative surgery.

I imagine after that outburst and pulling the main surgeon out of his clinic to see her, that they all have a very low opinion of her now and see her as one of those demanding 'difficult customer' types.
The self sabotage is off the scale.
Her tantrum was unreal for sure. The funny thing is before the procedure she knew another surgeon was going to do it, and even Amma piped up and said "it's only a biopsy not the big surgery, it doesn't matter." Tiffany seemed fine with it until she was told he couldn't get access to take the biopsy then all bratty hell broke loose. She wanted HER surgeon and to cuddle with him. smh

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I totally agree. It is part of standard care in some special cases of rectal cancers . Barely (never ?) used for colon cancers and even low lying but a bit higher tumours like low sigmoid borderline rectum ( my dad had that).
Saydee is right. Watch and wait is for people who had complet response for chemoradiation. My specialization is not oncologogy nor surgery. My knowledge about oncology is basic. But looked it up, candidates for watch and wait approach are rectal cancer patients without lymph node involment and smaller size tumors T1-2 rarely T3 who had complet response. The purpose of this approach is to spare rectum for better quality of life. She doesn't meet the criteria. I don't think she is on real wait and watch protocol. The doctor decided to wait for 6 weeks not sure why. I think she needs to have surgery unless she refuses it.

• Heart
Saydee is right. Watch and wait is for people who had complet response for chemoradiation. My specialization is not oncologogy nor surgery. My knowledge about oncology is basic. But looked it up, candidates for watch and wait approach are rectal cancer patients without lymph node involment and smaller size tumors T1-2 rarely T3 who had complet response. The purpose of this approach is to spare rectum for better quality of life. She doesn't meet the criteria. I don't think she is on real wait and watch protocol. The doctor decided to wait for 6 weeks not sure why. I think she needs to have surgery unless she refuses it.
yep totally agree. we've been over this here a lot and her tumor and location and stage; surgery is the only way.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.