TiffanyThinks #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can tell you that when they are uncertain of how far up they may need to go, and if they know in advance that biopsies are needed, they want a full bowel prep. That is why people recommend a colonoscopy over a sigmoid bc the prep is the same and you may not catch everything in the lower 1/3 of bowel. I know in her case they likely know that the tumour is in the lower level but still, an enema might be ok for routine sigmoid scopes, but for her? Maybe they know she is already partially obstructed. And a bowel prep would be not possible. The use of a general anaesthetic for a sigmoid is very suspect. She could have a conscious sedation instead. So what other procedure was done requiring a general? I believe some laparoscopic abd exploration. I asked her directly and she never denies it outright. She just goes right to the biopsy. Singular. Only suggests the bowel scope. Never anything else. Its all sketchy as many point out.
On her paper was written that the cancer is in lower rectum a few cm from anal verge. It means doctor didn't have to further than 15 cm from anus. There is no need explore further parts of colon because might happen seeding the cancer to other part of colon. Yes, healthy people don't need general anesthesia. They gave it her probably because she has cancer and pain.

Reactions: 9
She is more terrified of losing Darling then dying. Literally. I said this mo this ago. They have not been in a long term relationship IMO. Maybe 3 yrs top. More like 2.5 maybe. She knew him for 5 yrs bc they are both optometrists but that doesnt mean dating. he isn't in invested enough to fight for her survival despite all else. They both found out about the actual surgery details and here we are. Neither of them coukd deal with the post surgery realities.
there is no way in hell that a conos opy or sigmoidoscopy would not necessitate a bowel prep the day or two ahead. No way! Some patients ignore the prep, or half way do it and the procedure cannot proceed. She never mentioned a prep so we do not know if she actually did it. That could be why they were not able to do the biopsy. Or, the tumour has grown to a point that even the smallest of scopes could not safely pass. This is more worrisome. if so, she will be blocked and emergency surgery will be needed if possible at all. Just to clear the obstruction. I question her prep though. i believe she will string this out until she just isnt well enough to film or edit. She will just ghost social media and that will be that. We will never entirely know what happened.
I think you are so right. I also have questioned the prep procedure, because there must be a small or a large prep. (Small prep is an enema and the big one is Klean prep scheme for 2 days in a row including dietary instructions). The doctors can't see a thing if this is not done correctly and indeed the procedure will be terminated. But the will not gets viewers on your YT channel when you confess that you haven't prep enough. The other possibility of the mass the scope can't surpass is the second possibility. It explains in any case the excessive nausea and vomiting, because there is a serious blockage.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Who wants to bet that tomorrow's vlog will be another load of complete guff?
It will be a pointless Tea with Tiffany thinks vlog with her talking about what happened again most likely. Apparently she's getting her results this Friday, why is she not asking for a sooner appointment? She's already waitied 8 weeks instead of the 6 weeks stated. I think she will have an appointment way before then, probably today or tomorrow, and she just wants to keep to her video schedule.

She won't stop making videos...it's her income now.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think she slipped her doctor's name once, Doctor Shi...I'm not completely sure the spelling, but from the sound of the name and also the tid bit of his voice that we were allowed to hear, I got the impression he may be of Indian descent. This is purely speculative, but did he say he would take care of her as a sister and express more affinity due to the ethnic connection?

From my experience, when I am traveling abroad and come across someone sharing my ethnic background, there is an instant connection, quite a lot of extra friendliness and of course speaking in our common mother language which reinforces the sense of closeness and trust.

Maybe he was extra nice to her, he could have spoken a few Indian words to Amma for example which really helps lighten up any mood (could explain why Amma's face lit up so much right after his visit, when obviously he could not have said anything substantial not having seen her bloody scans yet).

Could this bit of friendliness have stoked unreasonable optimism and a sense that he would do anything for her and be their superhero? Just a passing thought....please correct me if Sri Lankan and Indian backgrounds are completely different, as I am quite ignorant about this.
The name of the surgeon is known. We all know it. People even posted his name on here. He is an expert exactly on Tiffany's kind of cancer. Yes, he is either of Indian or Pakistani descent.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It will be a pointless Tea with Tiffany thinks vlog with her talking about what happened again most likely. Apparently she's getting her results this Friday, why is she not asking for a sooner appointment? She's already waitied 8 weeks instead of the 6 weeks stated. I think she will have an appointment way before then, probably today or tomorrow, and she just wants to keep to her video schedule.

She won't stop making videos...it's her income now.
I agree I have a feeling her appointment is before this Friday. Dragging it out.

Reactions: 9
I think that it says only 20% are good candidates for wait and watch ? But for those who don’t have surgery and try wait and watch after three years there are 38 % of risks of reoccurrence I believe …? « Although most recurrences were treatable by surgery, the impact of deferring it on long term survival is unknown.«
its a horrible thing to be facing all that uncertainty even if she’s clear for the moment..if and yes a big if the pain is scarring and strictures in her colon and the sickness is the morphine and nerves stretched to their limit..that’s the best she can hope at the moment is going on with her..

Reactions: 5
When you love someone, you don't tell them what they want to hear in a potential life or death situation I'm sorry. Watching her initial video where she asks her followers what she should do Matt is very much airing his own opinion. He even says that the surgeon said it would be best and she corrects him. I think some people give Matt a little bit too much credit, I find it odd that he is on a trip away while she has gone into hospital for a biopsy, something that when she had it done last time she had a rough time afterwards, wouldn't you want to be there for your loved one?
It is already said. Darling Matt is an absolute twit. He is not there when he must be and never gives his sweetheart her well deserved therapeutic kick under her bum. A sort of reality check. She is only talking about cozy, tea, junk food, slippers, xmas prep. Really?? Are there no more important things to do? Like to surviving a deadly disease or something like that??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
And the only other time that she 'advocates' for herself is when she throws tantrums about 'haters' in her comments. She really is fixated on people not agreeing with her and not praising her blindly.
Another borderline personality disorder trait. Unable to handle anything I perceive as critique or ridicule (weather it’s real or not).

Reactions: 8
It’s difficult to declare people NED when they didn’t have the surgery but to be considered nearly complete response or a good candidate for wait and watch trial you have to be stable : no growth of the tumour , nothing lits up on the petscan no cancerous activity on MRI and clear biopsies . Obviously the patients without surgery/ on the way to the wait and watch trial are declared « NED as a best guess according to the results » and some doctors argue that NED is never certain without surgery so should not be used. They say complete response or nearly complete response.
She didn’t want the surgery and the team of surgeons are not completely in favor of it either, just look at the way the last « new » surgeon was afraid of cutting through …
Thank you for this, Tiffany used the phrase "almost cancer free" which led people to believe she was NED.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sure Tiffany does not appear to be mentally up to living with all the consequences yet … But according to what she said, surgeon never said surgery was off the table completely . I think that if there is anything on MRI he might push for surgery as soon as possible, Tiffany ready or not.
I think it’d depend where the new activity was cos they know that it’d take her longer to recover than she’d probably have time left depending..and they said she could likely be incurable so the surgery would basically screw up her quality of life for what?

Whoa! A lot of people wake up from this surgery and go on to live normal lives with the exception of having to manage urine and feces via stoma. One woman I follow on Twitter has a very physically active life. You can google and find an article about an MD who is back at work after his pelvic exenteration. It’s a long recovery, often with numerous morbidities (complications) but after that people have good quality of life. And it’s safe enough that it is done on people in their 80’s.
Edit: also a new vagina is created by a reconstructive surgeon after the pelvic organs are removed. The medical expertise for this has been increased over the years as it is also done for male to female trans people.
Yes, but the very sorry fact is that in many cases of the vaginectomy the clitoris also have to go. And for that organ there is no surrogate 😢.

Here's where it all began. The one in red sweater she briefly mentioned about having an op and didn't want to get into the details. (Very typical of her).

Then she did cancer 2022 video. Few scans later, the cancer has spread. This leaves me to think that she had had cancer before. Way before 2022.

"My darling matt is back..say hello (baby voice). I'd like some tea and some chips.
Don't forget the slippers.

I think that it says only 20% are good candidates for wait and watch ? But for those who don’t have surgery and try wait and watch after three years there are 38 % of risks of reoccurrence I believe …? « Although most recurrences were treatable by surgery, the impact of deferring it on long term survival is unknown.«
The odds are not the best on colorectal cancer an certainly when it is in young people. I do think that the research population must be of all ages.

Last edited:
Yes, but the very sorry fact is that in many cases of the vaginectomy the clitoris also have to go. And for that organ there is no surrogate 😢.

Don't forget the slippers.

The odds are not the best on colorectal cancer an certainly when it is in young people. I do think that the research population must be of all ages.
Since she has rectal cancer she would have probably posterior exenteration. In this case her bladder and vulva including clitoris remain intact.

Reactions: 3
This feels like deja vu from her wait and watch video 2 months ago but it's even worse because so much sound advice has been ignored and her health is deteriorating. Comments here and on her videos are endless speculation and fingerpointing. It's just a giant clusterfuck at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree wait and watch is for people who had complete response for chemo radiation never said otherwise … Sometimes though in some trials they do accept « nearly » complete response and T4 tumours. Hopefully we will soon know what the medical team has decided about her treatment plan and we will understand better … Not sure though … Maybe it’s not a real wait and watch trial and they just delay the surgery … But they surely hope/ think she is nearly complete response if not they would obviously do the surgery as soon as possible or at least they would try something …
The whole surgeon situation is strange. First suggested her to wait (for what) then didn't do her biopsy himself even the second biopsy was his idea. He should have offered her the best option, Tiff is not the type of person who can do informed desicion since she is afraid to do research about her disease. She should seek another surgeon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The whole surgeon situation is strange. First suggested her to wait (for what) then didn't do her biopsy himself even the second biopsy was his idea. He should have offered her the best option, Tiff is not the type of person who can do informed desicion since she is afraid to do research about her disease. She should seek another surgeon.
You are taking everything she is saying as gospel. Stop it. She’s talking absolute GARBAGE.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Well initially I thought the same as you but we don’t know cause we are not in UK. It seems that the Marsden is one of the top hopsitals in Europe and her surgeon is seemingly a top surgeon… We don’t know her exact situation nor her medical file but I believe her team is great and know what they do. They pushed for wait and watch if what she says is true. Her whole team (oncologist and nurse) recommended it. It seems that wait and watch is used more than we think for some rectal cancers stage 1,2,3 … I think they are confident they will catch reoccurrences before it’s too late for surgery. They might be right maybe it’s a good bet, who knows …

Reactions: 1
For anyone who isn’t aware - THIS is where Tiffany is being treated. It is one of the WORLDS most prestigious cancer centres with staff who are EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELD. Can we please stop this ridiculous nonsense that she’s receiving sub-standard care or that her surgeon or oncologist is at fault/is inept/doesn’t know what they are doing.
She is lucky that she is under the care of the Marsden, it’s a first class facility and it is world renowned.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
For anyone who isn’t aware - THIS is where Tiffany is being treated. It is one of the WORLDS most prestigious cancer centres with staff who are EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELD. Can we please stop this ridiculous nonsense that she’s receiving sub-standard care or that her surgeon or oncologist is at fault/is inept/doesn’t know what they are doing.
She is lucky that she is under the care of the Marsden, it’s a first class facility and it is world renowned.

Yes and I see people in her comments saying she's getting "subpar" care bc this is socialized medicine. Facts are she is being treated at a top tier hospital and will not be in debt the rest of her life due to the treatment she is receiving which would be the case if she were in the U.S.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi, in your opinion do you think her surgeon is withholding bad news from her? It seems the other Doctors have given her news she dislikes, even the Dr that spoke to her post/biopsy made her cry a lot (we don’t know what was said) so she has latched onto this Surgeon and formed a strange bond with him, could this be the case her Surgeon is not 100% transparent with her?

Also if you don’t mind me asking, how did you find her channel and this thread? Thanks, good to have a Doctor here.

We only know what Tiffany wants us to know. I highly doubt her medical team is inept and that things played out exactly as she describes. She, Amma, and Matt are clearly naive, afraid to hear the truth, and don't ask the necessary questions. My god, she and Amma just speculated that the reason they couldnt perform the biopsy is that the tumor is gone!!! They are living in la la land. How can 1 patient leave EVERY medical appt for the last year so confused? Its simply not possible! Tiffany is either refusing to listen, believing only what she wants to believe or else deliberately misleading her subs to increase viewership and profits. Probably a combination of all three.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.